Titanfall - Xbox 360
Platform for Display: Xbox 360Edition: StandardChange
Price:$23.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Platform for Display: Xbox 360Edition: Standard
Lets cut to the chase. Most of you reading this have already read enough reviews on Titanfall for the Xbox One, and seen plenty of video action to know if you want to buy this game so no need to rehash a review of the game.

The big question everyone wants to know is if the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall looks and plays exactly, or close to the Xbox One version - the short and honest answer is, yes it does. The game play is the same as the Xbox One, and the graphics look just fine on the 360 with very little difference. Nice job from Bluepoint on the port.

The environments are just as lush and crystal clear as the Xbox One version, with a slight edge going to the Xbox One when fighting in close quarters combat on some textures. But it's honestly so negligible that you really would have to be looking for it to notice it, and the game play is so fast paced that it's not even gonna cross your mind once the magic of the game play takes over. I have also not experienced any lag at all yet.

This is a great game on either system.

So should you still buy an Xbox One for Titanfall? That is dependent on how much those little differences make that I mentioned, and if you want to spend the $450-500.

I have played Titanfall on both systems. It's great on both systems. If you are debating on getting an Xbox One just for Titanfall, and already own a 360, personally I would wait and get Titanfall for the 360. It's a great game and the experience is honestly gonna be the same, fun.

* Looks just as good as the Xbox One with marginal differences
* Game play is identical to the Xbox One
* Zero lag as of right now
* Fun, fast paced gameplay
1616 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 8, 2014
Platform for Display: Xbox 360Edition: Standard
As an owner of the XB1 version, I got a chance to play the X360 version, and it is surprisingly not a whole lot different from the XB1 version. I mean the resolution and texture detail is noticeably lower on X360, but the XB1 has 6-8x the resources and yet it doesn't look that much better. It is basically the same game. Blueprint (the team that ported it to X360) did a very good job.

Performance wise, it's even more similar. If you watch Digital Foundry's performance analysis at eurogamer, the X360 version's framerate is a bit lower overall, but I'd say it's actually more consistent. XB1 runs at 60fps when nothing is going on, but dips to the 40s and sometimes the 30s when titans are on screen. The X360 version runs 40-50fps for the most part, always staying above 30fps. And for those who prefer a more consistent framerate, there's an option to lock it to 30fps, which also pretty much eliminates the screen tearing. This option is not available on XB1.

Anyone looking to buy Titanfall probably already know what it's about, so I won't talk about the game itself. I'll just say that it's a fun game. Revolutionary? Not in my opinion, but it's definitely good.

While Titanfall looks noticeably better on XB1, it is not a looker on any platform, and it is basically the same game. So if you already own an X360 and are still considering buying an XB1 for Titanfall, I would take a good look at both versions before you decide. You could possibly save $450-$500.
on April 8, 2014
Platform for Display: Xbox 360Edition: Standard
Extremely pleased with the 360 version. Bluepoint did an amazing job with this port. It plays identical to the Xbox One version, the only drawback is reduced resolution (obviously). The graphics look perfectly fine and the gameplay is very fluid. I'm giving this 5 stars to let 360 owners know that this is the full experience. No need to spend $500+ to play this game. Titanfall on Xbox 360 rocks!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 3, 2014
Platform for Display: Xbox 360Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
There's no single player. I knew this going in and it was well advertised. Don't know why some reviewers were shocked. I actually like single player FPS so I'm knocking off a star just for that.

The multiplayer is ok. There aren't too many multiplayer modes. Attrition is the team deathmatch mode. I found it to be a frenetic mess and probably won't be playing it much. There is CTF which is fun. There is Last Titan Standing which is my favorite mode. Everyone gets a titan. It plays like a mech game more or less. A mode they don't have would be the opposite of Last Titan Standing which would involve no titans, just pilots. A mode like that would be more like typical COD. That's a mode I wish they had.

All in all, the game is part your average FPS and part mediocre mech game. Playing Titanfall really made me miss MechWarrior on the PC and MechAssault on the Xbox.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 24, 2014
Platform for Display: Xbox 360Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
I don't know. I got the game. I played it for a few hours. I don't know. I'm not disappointed. I'm not pumped either. I would have given it 2.5 stars, right in the middle, if that was an option.
I love multi-player games. I really do. But I don't like NOT having the option of when I don't want to get my butt kicked around by a 12 year old kid across the country, that I can flip over to story-mode or campaign mode and have a modest mind numbing experience. I was a gamer before the majority of my fellow gamers even had a gaming system or a PC. Their baby-fingers weren't working like they would have hoped yet.
I know why they build games like this. It's a consistent money suck. I get that. But what worries me is when this game fades into obscurity.....Do you just trash it, because no one is playing it anymore? I mean, every once in a while I can sometimes find some honest nimrod standing alone on some map in the original Call of Duty and queue up for a few frags. But by and large all I find is heavily modded, God-mode punks, seeing how many points they can accumulate with as little skill that they can muster, but with what they can tack onto their systems and equipment. Must be a hoot for them. Point is....I can go to the story mode and have a reunion tour if I don't want to participate in the "fist-fight in the phone booth". I was a bit put off getting thrown into a room with people vastly out-levelling me right from the get-go, but breathed a little easier when I realized how large the maps are, so I could ease into the water.
Anyway, this game will "do". Was it worth the 60.00 bucks, or so, that I paid for it? Probably not.
on May 7, 2014
Platform for Display: Xbox 360Edition: Standard
This game feels a bit unbalanced as far as combat goes. The maps are enormous to accommodate the shear mass of the Titans. However, it is irritating to feel like I'm only fighting A.I. controlled enemies (Grunts and Spectres), which are extremely easy to kill, essentially cannon fodder. This makes their presence feel almost pointless, more of an annoyance really. They seem to be a filler for the low quantity of pilots (the match sizes are 5 on 5), something to shoot at while you spend quite a bit of time running and jumping. The gameplay mostly consists of Titans vs. Titans and pilots vs. Titans. Although winning an encounter with an enemy pilot is somewhat satisfying. This isn't a massive variety of weaponry like that of Call of Duty games. Respawn did a decent job of balancing weapon damage and accuracy. Movement is fast and fluid, making it easy to utilize nearly every area of the map with the ability to double jump and wall jump to the tops of buildings. Aiming of the other hand is not as tight as I thought it would be, feeling a bit jerky at times, even with the frame rate locked at 30 hz. Most combat encounters occur from short to medium range, making the sniper rifles feel obsolete at times. Although what is a shooter without sniping? The best part of the game is piloting the Titans, which is the most original part of the game, adding an awesome dynamic to the battlefield. The Titans are unique to the pilot too, so no team mate or enemy player can steal it from you. They have certainly added a sense of raw destructive power to the game, wielding an array of weapons from Chain guns to Lighting guns. I was disappointed by the lack of a single-player campaign. This has been a staple for me when it comes to purchasing a game. I think it would have opened up a lot more about the science fiction of the Titanfall universe. The story concept behind the game is very interesting, and I hope that in the future they release a single-player campaign DLC. Otherwise, if they do make a sequel, it would be nice to see a solid story integrated with the game. Overall, the feel of the game is smooth, fresh, and fast-paced. Nearly everything is straight forward with a moderate learning curve. I think I've made it fairly clear why I gave it three stars, but I will review my points: seldom player on player combat and no single-player campaign. I hope this helps you decide whether or not to buy this game.
on October 23, 2014
Platform for Display: Xbox 360Edition: Standard
After playing this for the first few days I loved this game, I was totally killin' it and I thought it could be my new AAA mp game but the more I played, the game starting getting less and less fun.

For the first few days, week, I thought I was amazing at this game, and then I realized everyone that I was killing was just AI, and then the more AI I killed the more boring it got, it got to a point where they got almost boring to kill just because of how easy they were to kill.

1 or 2 of the maps are the right size, big enough for Titans to be everywhere and move and small enough for Pilots (players) to get around easily, but there are some maps that are way too big for Pilots and you end up running across the map to get to the action or another hardpoint.

The other big issue I have w/ this game is the balance between Pilots and Titans. This was my very first concern w/ this game when it was first announced, how easily can Pilots kill Titans? And the answer is not at all, your "rocket launcher" isn't nearly powerful enough to take down a Titan, you can shoot the Titan 5-10 times and it still won't go down. The Titan weapons need to do more damage to be more balanced.

My last disappointment in the game is the limited mp game modes. There's all of like 3 modes that are the standard modes of pretty much every mp game, team deathmatch, hardpoint, and FFA I think, and in this game gen. that's unacceptable, so the game gets more and more boring as you're only playing about 3 game modes.

The free running mechanic as a Pilot are very fun and that was fun and set this game apart from others. Graphics were pretty good, nothing special but not bad. Calling in a Titan and watching it drop from the sky w/ the sound will never be anything less than awesome every time. Playing as a Titan is fun, and Titan on Titan battles can get pretty crazy. Story seems like it's non-existent, I don't even remember the story because it's in the background while you're playing, I mean you're way too distracted to pay attention to a story when you're in mp, but what I do remember it wasn't all that great, kind of generic.

Overall:
I would recommend this game, it's fun for a while until it gets boring, maybe you'll enjoy it longer than I did, but I'd say the game is overhyped, I'll be looking forward to TF2 and see what changes they've made, if it is for better.
on July 31, 2014
Platform for Display: Xbox 360Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
There are some pros and cons to the game, but I decided that the pros outweigh the cons enough for me to give it five stars.

PROS:

The gameplay is great. Parkour in the game is seamless and easy to master. The controls are simple and make total sense. Any Call of Duty player will feel right at home in this game. It is currently my favorite game right now and has that great multiplayer experience that COD has been known for for so long (of course, the fact that a few COD developers were involved in the design helps). Titans are basically weighed-down versions of the pilot himself, and added a whole new sense of action to the game, which I loved. The weapons in the game are almost all really well done (see the cons) and seem balanced enough. There is enough of a variety for me to enjoy. A lot of people don't like the AI controlled minions, but I like them. While they are a little too easy, they do add some life to the multiplayer, and it is kind of fun to just burst into a room without any fear of dying and just take them all out. Of course, the real challenge in Titanfall comes in the titans and pilots.

CONS:

The game takes a hard drive in order to run it. At first, I thought 1GB of Xbox storage would be okay, but it requires an actual hard drive, which was a first in any game I've tried. It also tends to kick me out of servers with a little more frequency than I'd like due to excessive lag and too much going on in the game at one (i.e. multiple titans exploding at once). With better internet connection, this could be resolved, but for slower connections, this could be a problem. The sniping in this game is not good, but that's because pilots move so quickly, meaning that you are stuck shooting at AI characters for points. Finally, a multiplayer campaign was not a good idea. No one likes to play campaign apparently, except for me. Because it's multiplayer, I have to find other people, but no one ever wants to play, meaning I'm stuck without the ability to play (however, Titanfall's multiplayer more than makes up for this.)

Although I did list a lot of cons to the game, I highly recommend this game for any COD fan or someone who just likes the fast-paced thrill of great FPS games.
on April 22, 2014
Platform for Display: Xbox 360Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
The real staying power in a game like Titanfall or Call of Duty is the multiplayer game. Naturally since the consensus multiplayer standard bearer is the Call of Duty Black Ops series ( NOT the Modern Warfare series). I compare these types of games to it. Although Titanfall has lots of whistles and buzzers, it feels very limited. The maps seem large but they feel sterile. The action is so hectic and fast that there is no feel of employing strategies or tactics. It's just a in your face slugfest. Now maybe it's because I am just an old gamer, but even though many of the Black Ops games had small maps, it had feel of maybe you could actually be there.

Oddly I find I'm not excited to play this game after a long day coming home from work after everybody goes to bed, like I was with Black Ops. Perhaps as time goes on, further incarnations of this game will get better. However, for now, it is just ho-hum
on November 7, 2014
Platform for Display: Xbox 360Edition: Standard
this has become my favorite fps multiplayer. I loved every second of calling in titans to just simply doing parkour all over the place. sometimes other players get congested in one area and the rest of the map will be silent with gunfire off in the distance but I don't mind, but when its spread out, you'll see a titan ripping a pilot out of his titan and around another corner one will be running past gunning down two or three others. all from titans battling titan to titan vs pilot and pilot vs pilot. wherever you go there will be something intense going on.