Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Video Game|Change
Price:$9.99 - $500.00

on October 28, 2014
Titanfall is a game that means a lot to me. It was the first game I bought for the Xbox One that I played to death. It was the first game I had, in recent memory, maxed out in rank (I became a generation 10, level 50 a couple months ago). This was before the Rank Chip was introduced in the latest update, as I'm still working to reach Tier 5 Diamond (I am a completionist, after all). It was the first game I could call Xbox One's first killer app that also happened to be a new IP.

I've played this game since the day it came out, so I've seen every update and enhancement from day one to the present. From the over powered satchel charges (they were like mini nukes) to the Titan Punch's ability to send opposing titans flying twice as far backwards, to Nuclear Ejection explosions being twice as big to becoming somewhat more balanced, this game has mostly changed for the better. Titanfall requires you to be adept not just with shooting the standard weapons, but with movement, positioning, and Titan combat. Being able to outmaneuver your opponent as a pilot or Titan is just as important as being accurate with your shots. You also have to consider when to use Burn Cards, cards that grant the user temporary abilities, like being able to see every threat on the battlefield through Map Hack, being able to call in a Reserve titan at the beginning of the match, and having a high damage version of the standard carbine or Archer homing missile launcher. Just one of these cards can level the playing field, or turn the tide entirely.

Then, there are pilot and titan abilities. I personally lean towards quick reload and warpfall transmitter as a pilot, as it saves time for increasing your rate of fire for weapons, and for the latter, gets your titan into battle quicker, as well as gives you a better chance to crush an opponent by dropping your titan on them (you even get a satisfying *squish* when you make contact with a poor little pilot). The weapons themselves may be standard fare, assault rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, and rocket launchers, but there's enough variety in them to make them fun to use. Like using the Plasma Railgun to pop pilots into bloody chunk balloons.

An impressive feature of this game on paper is using Microsoft's cloud servers to render AI in matches. In practice, however, these guys, from the grunts, to specters, and enemy titans, are merely cannon fodder used to fund attrition points and decrease the clock for your next titan drop. However, it makes you wonder how future games will utilize this feature. At the moment, the player count for the game's population is pitiful, as most online console gamers are preoccupied with Destiny and past Call of Duty games, but there are enough people currently playing in order to get you into a match relatively quickly. Just be sure to select your correct zone at the start of the screen by pressing X and selecting the zone with the lowest ping. I look forward to what Respawn will do in the inevitable sequel, and hope players keep this game alive in the meantime.
on March 11, 2014
I'm going to take a little different approach on this review. I see a lot of reviews getting slammed because they were expecting a single-player or cooperative campaign, and didn't read the fine print. I, on the other hand, knew that going in and I'm saying that what they released isn't nearly enough to warrant a five star review.

The game is fantastic, don't get me wrong. Resolution and graphics are solid, gameplay is smooth, frantic and fast paced. In short, it is a wonderful multiplayer experience--but so are plenty of other games. There is a lot you'll be familiar with here if you are a fan of multiplayer games. You have a character--you play and get kills--you get to level up and thus, get new stuff. Nothing new there. Now in this case, you have your mech, and depending on how you use him, he is either a vehicle (If you are inside) or an AI controlled squaddie (If he's following you around.) Is that new? Maybe, I mean who doesn't like having a 20 foot tall mech at his back. But revolutionary, absolutely not. There were articles out there saying this was the "first true next gen title." I don't see it. It's good. It's solid, and it's a great multiplayer experience, but the lack of a cooperative or single player experience makes me feel like they released half a game. It would certainly be worth $40, but $60 is a little steep.

They tried to weave a story into the multiplayer experience, but there's nothing there that is going to leave you feeling overly satisfied, or at least it hasn't with me.

This is a great multiplayer game. But a great multiplayer game, by itself, is not worth $60. I knew that going in and I bought it anyway. I make a good living and don't care about spending an extra $60 to play with my friends, but a lot of people don't have that luxury. And if you're like me, you expect more out of "Next Gen" games--not less. And this game just shows the disappointing trend of continuing to cater to the multiplayer crowd and neglect everyone else. Sad, but true.

EDIT*** I'm surprised at how few people are willing to throw their money into a game that is so lacking. I wanted to add a little to my review to give it more context. Titanfall is a shooter. Here is how you build a five star shooter, folks. I'll use one of my favorites as an example. Gears of War 3. A fantastic campaign, competitive multiplayer with far more options than Titanfall offers. Still not enough? No problem, then you can play cooperative multiplayer with your friends against bots, for those times when you aren't in the mood for playing with a bunch of bratty twelve year olds. Still not enough? No problem! Hop over and play the fantastic Horde Mode for even more fun. THAT is a fully fledged shooter worth $60. In fact, after having the discussions, I think I will probably end up knocking Titanfall down to two stars. When you have a company try to sell a game like this for the same price as a shooter that offers much, much more, Titanfall really shows its lack of polish. As a gamer and consumer, it should be insulting. As consumers we vote with our dollars. And every copy of this game that sells is a vote that says--We as consumers accept games that lack features. I say think hard before you do that.
9898 comments| 758 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2015
Being mediocre at the Call of Duty games can get frustrating. All the equalizers in the game are based on kill streaks, which once one falls behind they typically get left behind (pirate code). The great part of this game is no matter how bad one is doing, every three minute, give or take, you get to call down a giant robot and run around and wreak havoc.

Mixed in with a bunch of unlockables for load outs (similar to call of duty) for both your person and Titan (giant robotic killing machine) this game is a lot of fun to play. The only place it falls short is the campaign. In a typical unreal tech fashion they neglected to make a true campaign. Instead of a story you just play the computer in multiplayer games and win or lose you move on to the next. More of a single player mode than a campaign. With so much potential for an awesome story, it would have been nice if they bothered to make one.
on May 28, 2014
Hands down the most fun I've had playing a shooter. My friends and I played this game so much since getting it and I've put in more ours after we've finished playing. If you are a fan of giant robot fighting, free running, fast paced gaming, and cool weapons then this is the game for you.

This isn't like your typical Battlefield or Call of Duty so don't let people tell you it is. The game is more fast paced then those games and you will clearly notice that once you being playing. The fact that you can traverse the terrain in different ways makes the game more interesting and then with the added abilities you acquire changes the way you take on your enemies.

I would encourage those playing the game to do it with friends because it will extend the longevity of the game and you will have more fun because you get to talk about the crazy things you do or say in the game.
on July 16, 2015
When I received Titanfall I was pleasantly surprised to find that all of the DLC was at the time FREE!!!!
This game is so fun,it has all of the action of a 1st person shooter with multiplayer mode but then add in the Titans and it just takes the game to a different level of blissful chaos.
Wall running and hanging as a pilot or double jumping from rooftop to rooftop you find your pilot as a more advanced and agile version of what you wold expect from a Call of Duty character, that is not a knock on COD I am a day one adopter of COD as an avid player of every COD game even from before the days of multiplayer game play.
Simply put Titanfall takes all the things you love about COD or Halo and then takes it up a notch with the use of your Titan and other perks like burn cards that put an extra ability for your pilot at your fingertips after each time you get taken out in a match, only 3 burn cards per match though so make sure you don't die often.
The maps are massive and the environments are majorly interactive, zip lines and tunnels all over the place.
Campaign mode is also multiplayer a spin on things but I like it, the weapons are cool and you get a chance to know them all because in order to REGENERATE , or PRESTIGE as we are used to it being called, you must pass several challenges with different pilot and Titan weapons.
As you progress you earn different Titan insignia as well as the ability to purchase different packs of burn cards as well as different voices for your OS in your Titan,my favorite is Sid.
There are plenty of different game modes I find in order to level up the quickest Frontier Defense is the way to go but in order to REGENERATE you will have to play a different mode because requirements always include a number of pilot kills with different weapons.
Titanfall is a great game and I look forward to future editions to what is sure to become a popular multiplayer 1st person shooter the likes of COD or Halo
on December 13, 2014
I liked COD Modern warfare games and since I knew the same developers were making this game and I liked the trailer, I bought this. Here is what I think.

****************************************************************PROS*********************************************************************************
-Great FPS/Titan gameplay: Gameplay is the number one reason you should buy this game. It is a mixture of FPS like COD but in addition to that you can wall run, double jump, use stealth but most importantly play as Titan. Playing as a pilot (simple FPS) and as a Titan, both have their advantages and disadvantages. So plenty of tactics to explore between two types of play. If you become an advanced player, then you can both control your Titan while playing as a pilot(human). A must experience.

-Incredible graphics/sounds: This one goes without saying. Anyone who has seen the trailer can tell this game has great graphics and sounds. Little things like Titans falling from the sky are very well done. Makes the play very enthralling.

-Variety of multiplayer modes: Like other FPS, there are variety of modes. I have had this one for almost a month and still haven't gotten around to exploring all of these modes.

-Upgrades: As you play more, you earn more points and you can customize and upgrade both your pilot and the Titan. Makes the gameplay very addictive.

****************************************************************CONS*********************************************************************************
-Lack of a good single player campaign/story: It has a very generic horde single player mode. A great concept like this could really have used a good single player story mode. But unfortunately it is simply not there. I really hope developers include it the next time.

****************************************************************CONCLUSION*********************************************************************************
I wouldn't buy this game at full price as it doesn't have a single player mode. But now that the price has lowered, I recommend buying it and experiencing the amazing multiplayer experience.
on May 30, 2014
The game lacks a single player campaign, and like many Xbox One games, it also lacks split-screen muliplayer which is kind of a letdown. However the pace and sheer awesomeness of the game is unparallelled.
on August 6, 2015
This is probably my favorite FPS of all-time. I was a diehard COD4 fan and less so Modern Warfare 2. From then on, I lost interest in the COD series. However, this is akin back to the COD4 days but with a lot more to it. The game is incredibly well-balanced between the titans and the pilots and there's never a shortage of things to do in the multiplayer. I did NOT expect to like this game as much as I did and I'm glad I got it on sale for 15 bucks because it's proving to be one of the most worthwhile gaming purchases I've ever made. I cannot wait for Titanfall 2 and I will now be preordering it the first chance I get!
on November 24, 2014
This is a great game- but you should know it's only online multiplayer.

It's highly accessible and WAY more fun than Call of Duty games for those of us who don't want to spend hours practicing the latest glitches and exploits or learning the maps for sniper points. Titanfall multiplayer is very forgiving, and I would encourage you to check it out if you have a distaste multiplayer games because of the general tenor of multiplayer gaming. You can just sit down and plan and have a great time without worrying about being not good enough or out of practice.

The game still has enough depth to get 30 or more hours out of it without feeling like you have maxed out.
on December 4, 2014
This game has a healthy population as of 12/05/14. Around 2-5K players online in any given time. I came into this game with no hype whatsoever, and I have to say it's enjoyable. I did not purchase this on Amazon, but would like to share my review. I got this game for $13.00 on xbox live marketplace included with all the dlc, and it was a STEAL. Finding matches takes seconds at most, the smoothness, the dedicated servers, the wall running, and the mechs are awesome features that make me come back to this game. Honestly, I have CoD: AW, and I find myself to enjoy this much more. Spend $20 on this game, you won't regret it. I'd like to add more, but I'm tired and heading off. If you have any questions, comment.