Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on May 31, 2013
I cannot read enough about the Titanic. This gave specific examples of first hand accounts from first, second, and third class passengers as well as Titanic staff that survived. I was able to envision what it must have been like through the vivid descriptions given. It is also interesting how different and then how similar the stories are. Tragic and stories with reading!
on May 31, 2014
Awesome read. First hand accounts of the disaster - so much more interesting than a third person narrative of most other sources. I have read many Titanic books but none has impressed me as much as this one. Read it!
on February 7, 2013
This book is one for the collectors of Titanic!!! I was shocked to read some of the accounts, but this was a different time and they just didn't have what we have today in building this!!! I am still so saddened so many people died because there were not enough lifeboats and the ones that they had were not filled to capacity!!! Such a tragic ending for some that could have been prevented!!!!
on June 16, 2015
Love this book!!! It has stories that I have never read and they are great. So much emotional expressions in it. I didn't want to put the book down until I finished it. If you have never read any books about Titanic this one is for you!
on March 11, 2014
What a wonderfully written story about such a tragic event in history. Even reading word for word these survivors' experiences, one cannot begin to imagine the terror and fear these people endured during those many hours of getting to safety on the Carpathia. There were an unlimited number of heroes in this book, and they will live in history forever. A 5 star book indeed!
on January 25, 2013
The book was good and gave many details I had not read/heard prior to reading this book. I thought the prespective from the survivors was a great way to present the story of Titantic. My only complaint is that some of the story's are repeated several times throughout the book.
on July 12, 2014
This is the first time I have read actual accounts from those who survived the Titanic's sinking. It made me feel like I was there as I read their stories. Actually got to see the kind of information that the Inquiry Committee was trying to get from those who survived the disaster. Recommend this book to all Titanic fanatics.
on April 18, 2015
The story of the Titanic has always fascinated me. This is definitely a fresh way to experience it: First-hand testimony and stories from a wide cross-section of the people who lived through it. Their accounts are grouped by lifeboat (roughly in order of their departure), and each one has a bit of background on the person who wrote it. Their perspectives are varied enough to keep it interesting, and I learned quite a few things I didn't know before. A few of the accounts are long enough to be mini-books in themselves.
on December 13, 2014
This book is a must read for anyone interested in the Titanic tragedy. Here one will find actual accounts of of the short life of the Titanic as told by those who actually lived it. It is fascinating to discover how different people living through the same event can have such diverse and disparate perceptions. This is a long book but every page has something important to say about the night of April 14/15 1912. I highly recommend this book.
on January 20, 2013
This is a compilation of statements taken from Titanic survivors during the U.S. and British inquiries immediately after the disaster. The editor used an interesting approach- the statements are given in order of departure from the ship. This creates a moving narrative that well conveys the increasing desperation of the scene. Stories from crew members, first, second and third class passengers are included with helpful narrative explanations. An excellent work. If you have read or watched the 1950's movie version of Walter Lord's A Night to Remember you will see how these real time memoirs created more drama than any story teller could have created from his imagination.