5.0 out of 5 stars Great film even if you don't practice yoga...
Published on October 10, 2011 by Ashley

3.0 out of 5 stars Lot of interviews
Not much on yoga. Lot of interviews that we could see on youtube. It's similar to watching The secret where each yoga instructor has their say about yoga
Published 17 months ago by Cheryl R. Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film even if you don't practice yoga..., October 10, 2011
This review is from: Titans of Yoga (DVD)
A friend recommended this video to me and I have to say that I was skeptical at first but ended up loving it. I don't normally do yoga so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was worried it'd be too lofty and hippy dippy but all of the Titans had such amazing and relatable stories. I was touched and inspired and came away feeling like I'd learned more about the entire world of yoga and all of its benefits. I definitely recommend this film to all who want to laugh, learn and be entertained.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie BUT ..., October 4, 2011
This review is from: Titans of Yoga (DVD)
This is a really good movie featuring the top yoga teachers from US. Very inspirational to hear their personal stories from drug abuse, HIV/Aids, and many other issues that made them who they are now. After the movie I felt inspired to practice yoga again and the next day I walked into my neighborhood yoga studio. YEAH! At first I thought why are the really big names of yoga (mostly Eastern...) not in the movie, but it said on their website that the focus of the movie was to highlight the modern masters of yoga, meditation and mindfulness from the West. Makes sense... Anyway, I loved the movie and can only recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lot of interviews, June 17, 2013
Cheryl R. Grant "Touch4you" (Brockton, MA United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Titans of Yoga, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Titans of Yoga (DVD)
What an amazing film. We have watched this several times. Bought it originally when it first came out and loved it. Unfortunately the DVD was destroyed, but this was worth purchasing again to own. I keep showing it to all my friends, everyone loves the interviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am inspired to practice yoga after watching the movie, October 12, 2011
This review is from: Titans of Yoga (DVD)
Very good movie with amazing yoga teachers: Dr. Dean Ornish, Lilias Folan, Gurmukh Khalsa, Bryan Kest, Sharon Gannon, David Life, Dharma Mittra, Seane Corn, Shiva Rea, Beth Shaw, John Friend, Gary Kraftsow, Ana Forrest, David Swenson, Deva Premal and Miten, Kim Eng, Sara Ivanhoe, Swami Kriyananda, Larry Payne, Vinnie Marino, Lisa Walford, Krishna Kaur, Rajashree Choudhury, Saul David Raye. Hard to believe that most of them went through lots of pain and suffering before becoming masters of yoga.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was the Movie that convinced me to start Yoga!, November 25, 2013
This review is from: Titans of Yoga (DVD)
This was the movie that convinced me to do Yoga. I love their real stories and all the results they achieved from this practice. After watching this DVD with me, my husband and friends are going to Yoga too. If I don't see real people talking and telling me their real life results I may not be motivated to start something. That's why I love this movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, July 3, 2012
This review is from: Titans of Yoga (DVD)
Enjoyed watching the different interviews but didn't like how it kept jumping from one to another. I would have preferred someone asking each the same question and then showing each of the responses and going to the next question or an actual interview with one person and then moving to the next. Overall, pretty good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Jumped around too much......I couldn't focus on the relaxation, April 27, 2014
This review is from: Titans of Yoga (DVD)
I have heard of many of these yogis and listened to some of them before or read their books but this jumped around too much from one to another. Each part was only about 5-25 seconds long before they switched. Sometimes it seemed like someone finished their point and it was profound and I would have liked a few seconds to contemplate it (maybe a scene of the ocean or something). Many other times it seemed like the person probably had not finished their point and it was cut off to go to the next person. One time, Seane Corn started telling a story. Before she was done, two other people described something else (supposed to be related). Then it goes back to Seane and she finishes her story. Two more people give their perspective. Back to Seane and she is summing up what the experience meant for her. I felt a bit like I was in a room with really interesting people but they had not learned basic conversation skills and were all interrupting eachother, desperately trying to get out their own philosophy and experiences with yoga (somehow they were all calm while doing this). That did not give me any of the relaxed feeling that many of these people were describing and seemed to have!

5.0 out of 5 stars yoga, February 27, 2013
This review is from: Titans of Yoga (DVD)
I am into yoga, teachers featured in this dvd of inspiration and healing magic are great.Most of the teachers here have grown up from children in to full grown Yogi`s,Some where once crippled,and some once abused and drug addicted.They share short stories of their journeys through life before yoga and after yoga.I was sad that they running time is so short.The teachers here are also common in the world of fitness dvds and live in famous studio`s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 20, 2014
This review is from: Titans of Yoga (DVD)
Great, uplifting look at different perspectives on yoga.

Titans of Yoga
Titans of Yoga by Dr. Dean Ornish (DVD - 2011)
$14.98 $8.96