Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TITLE Speed Wraps
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 5, 2010
This is my first no-go in terms of Title gear. I love most of their stuff but nobody's perfect I guess. These are pretty poorly designed. I think they have better ones out but haven't seen them on Amazon. The finger holes are all spandex and are way too tight (and I got large and all my other stuff is always large). They cut off circulation. There is a big foam pad supposedly to protect your knuckles, but if you wear it as you see in the picture, the pad will almost be entirely on top of you hand rendering it useless. All that happens when you punch is that it pulls the pad back a bit each time thereby making the finger holes that are already cutting off blood to the fingers bite back into the webs of your fingers. Really no good. Lesson learned: Never try to replace a good hand wrapping session. Use wrap time as focus time and mental prep instead, because it's so far been impossible to replace it well. The whole glove within a glove deal simply doesn't cut it.
on September 30, 2014
Understand that these are wraps, not training gloves of any type. They go under sparring or training gloves which you should always wear when working a heavy bag. Speed wraps are meant to be a wrap that you can easily put on by yourself. The bandage style wraps are great hand support, but if you are working without a trainer speed wraps are the way to go.

I bought this pair after I finally wore out my Title Boxing Title Classic Gel-X speed wraps (which were really good). The construction does appear to be a bit more robust than the neoprene Gel-X wraps but there are definitely some drawbacks. The first and probably most serious concern for me is the wrist wrap itself. The fabric is very thin and one layer, so it does not offer significant support to the wrist. The second is the shape of the knuckle padding and its alignment to the finger holes. The knuckle padding does not extend into the fingers. As the wrap slides towards your wrist (from friction) while you insert the hand into the glove, the padding slides to the back of the hand and does not cover the knuckles. If you are careful you can maintain alignment of pad/knuckle, but then the fingers are not all the way through the holes. It is a little awkward, but not so awkward that I can't use them. The finger holes are a little small.

The fabric is definitely more robust than the neoprene. They remind me of a very heavy soccer sock, and feel like they would last forever.

Overall, the Title Boxing Title Classic Gel-X Gloves Wraps are less durable but better suited for the purpose of protecting your hand than these wraps. In hindsight I should have stayed with the Gel-X. Wrapping your hands is important to prevent injury. I think I would rather buy the more protective pair and replace it slightly more often, than save a few dollars and not protect my wrist and hands as well.
on March 21, 2014
These are bad on so many levels. They were not what I expected and I cannot use them. They are cheap enough that I am unwilling to waste a few more dollars and my time to return them; why throw more good money out the window.

That said, I do acknowledge that being new to the sport of boxing, these may actually serve someone else much better than what I had in mind.

Painful. Very painful. The way the ends of the gloves are sewn together creates large and surprisingly sharp knobs of fabric between the fingers that dig in to the webbing of the skin. Its painful without even doing anything with these gloves. I did not have the nerve to see how the felt to punch the heavy bags since they hurt without doing anything I did not want to find out what damage they may do with a heavy hand behind it.

Being new to this sport, I'm having issues with my writs needing more support and therefore I strongly feel that the title of these gloves "wraps" could be misleading to anyone who may not know any better; they may believe they could provide the kind of support tape provides. These gloves do not help stabilize the hand and wrist as one. The band that actually does "wrap" around the wrist bones are actually too low to stabilize the hand. The glove material is too flexible and not tight enough to support the hand.

The picture does not show it, since the glove is all black and does not show any contours or details, but there is a large gel pad that is awkwardly bulging on the back of the knuckles. Its about 3/4" thick. This gel pad does not cover the knuckles if punching straight on, but would if you hit with the back of the hand. The only way it would cover your knuckles is if you wear the glove half-way over you fingers (you don't put your hand all of the way in to the glove).

My initial intentions were to wear these gloves under a set of bag gloves to provide additional support for my wrists and hands. But instead the gel pad actually prevents you from wearing it under other gloves, plus the the way it digs in and causes pain between the fingers, that alone makes it unusable with other gloves.

As I said before, these do not fit my needs at all and perhaps someone else may find a better use for them. Personally I think they are a waste of money and now I know. If I must find something else to provide my wrists with additional support I think I will first try the old-fashion tape and forget about any of these "speed gloves". I do wonder if the wraps that look like ace bandages would work as well as the sticky tape, but not sure if I am willing to try them at this point.
on May 17, 2012
These gloves are quick to put on and easy to clean. There is a velcro strap at the bottom that allows you to tighten it around the wrist and a pad at the top that protects the knuckles while boxing. My concern was that the pads would be too thick to put in my boxing gloves, but it seemed to work out fine. My only complaint would be that I am a woman with small hands, and yet the finger holes were still very small. I ended up cutting the middle finger seams out so that it wouldn't squeeze my fingers when boxing.
on September 16, 2013
Wraps are good as speed wraps go... My opinion is that the padding on the top of the hand should be done away with. The padding doesn't cover any of the knuckles and only supplies padding to the bones on top of the hand. To me... If you're going to have padding it should be useful, also the padding makes the fit of my MMA style gloves very tight.
on January 25, 2014
Not very helpful as the pads do not cover the knuckles which defeats the ultimate purpose of the wraps. Wrist Velcro is also not very robust - should be thicker for more support. Wraps are probably ok for cardio classes - but not as real wraps under gloves.
on July 5, 2014
I have big hands so I got the large size but it still cut of circulation to my fingers.
on November 4, 2012
These wraps are ok if you are in a hurry to join a class, HOWEVER, finger holes are too small even for small female hands. Also if your hands are small (even with the small size) they slide around and scuff up your knuckles. After using them for three weeks I could feel the padding sliding backward each time I hit the bag creating some very sore knuckles after class. I went back to traditional wraps.
on March 18, 2014
I use it with or without gloves and it works great. Works great for kids to support wrist, try it you will like it and I hate the fact I have to write so much for Amazon to accept.
on July 18, 2013
Keeps your knuckles from getting scrapped up and even offers some wrist support. Easy to put on and take off and great for the price. I use them all the time.

See 1 answered question