5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S GREAT!!
The previous reviewer was upset about the high price Amazon charges - not about the converter's performance. I purchased two of these from another online vendor using the coupons and ended up paying an additional $45.00, so about $60.00 a piece. If you want quality, you have to pay for it. This model received high praise from Consumer Reports and I agree with them...
Published on October 27, 2008 by Mr. Simon

3.0 out of 5 stars My experience aligns with most reviews I've read
I've read CNET, Amazon and several other reviews prior to my purchase. I bought this unit and the Zenith DTT901 so I could compare the two. The Zenith feels like it's built better, has a better remote, better on-screen guide and seems to produce a better picture - HOWEVER, the Tivax receives more channels (~30 compared to ~20 with the Zenith--in my area) - I've compared...
Published on January 31, 2009 by David

‹ Previous | 145 46 4755 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Tivax STB-T8, August 15, 2009
This review is from: Tivax STB-T8 Digital to Analog TV Converter Box (Electronics)
Works OK, Powers on SLOWLY (10s) and changes channels SLOWLY (5s). Remote is NOT layed out in a functional manner, Volume and Channel selection are WAY at the top of the remote. Picks up the channels I expect in the Dallas area.
The ZINWELL ZAT 970a is much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Tivax DTV converter, July 1, 2009
I am very pleased with the performance of this equipment. It was very easy to install and start operating. It brings in stations using only a rabbit ears antenna that I could not receive before. On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate the Tivax STB-T8 at a 9.5

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, but nothing special, July 7, 2009
VW (Cambridge, MA) - See all my reviews
Box itself serves its purpose and silver trim makes for aesthetically decent design. The remote is poorly designed--lightweight and flimsy. The enclosed set-up instructions were clearly written by non-English speakers and are difficult to follow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for our RV, September 7, 2009
Carolyn (Northern California) - See all my reviews
Set it up this weekend in our RV when we were visiting the Pacific coast. Surprisingly, we got better reception and more channels than before we had the converter attached! One wish, would like a Power Off button rather than having to unplug.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality converter box, August 31, 2009
jenkri2 (central florida area) - See all my reviews
I ordered this converter box for myself and also another for my sister usuing the government coupons and I am very pleased with it. It also came on time, and was packaged nicely for shipping. I would recommend this one over many other styles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tivax STB-T8, August 26, 2009
For best audio, use the audio cable but at the same time connect the RF cable. Don't ask why.

Then everything is perfect except for the program information display. It cuts off after so many characters and there is no way to change that.

3.0 out of 5 stars converter box, August 22, 2009
arrived promptly. seems to be a good device, but receive no VHF local stations. 30 miles from Washington DC. Get plenty of UHF stations, no use for the kid's room. user friendly but not sure if antenna problem or other operator error.

1.0 out of 5 stars This will NOT get you the channels that are now missing from Comcast Basic Cable, August 12, 2009
Steve Means "payocracy" (Albany, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I'm pretty sure this product does what it's designed to do. My beef is with Comcast, and the lack of detailed information on this unit's applicability. I have written this information on appropriate Comcast forums, but I wanted to inform Comcast Basic customers before they make the mistake of buying this unit (or any of the other converter boxes) here on Amazon.

After losing channels 29 through 59 on my Comcast Basic Cable, I was told by a Comcast tech that I would need a converter box to get those channels back. Not true! What you need is a "QAM tuner," but this Tivax unit has an "ATSC tuner." So, what I have now is a bulky paper weight that's not worth the trouble to return, and the federal government is $40 poorer while some corporation is $40 richer. Here is a great piece of equipment I recommend that does have a QAM tuner: Philips DVDR3575H/37 1080p Upscaling DVDR with Built-In Tuner but it's 15 times more expensive!?!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the money., September 23, 2009
The product is OK except that over time it has lost channels. It does not have a feature to select which channels to keep. Also, the remote is hard to work - the buttons have to be pushed just right or sometimes they don't work at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Evaluation of Tivax STB-T8 DTA TV Converter, August 25, 2009
L. J. Horn "Eagle" (Eagle River, Alaska) - See all my reviews
Outstanding product. Easy to set up and use. Brought in more stations than I thought were available in my area. Twice as many as the analog signals I was able to receive at the same location. Resolution is excellent. Great value.

‹ Previous | 145 46 4755 | Next ›