5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Buble' Is To Be Loved!
Published 20 months ago by M. Mariba

2.0 out of 5 stars What Happened????
Published 20 months ago by oznerol

2.0 out of 5 stars What Happened????, April 27, 2013
This review is from: To Be Loved (Audio CD)
Big Fan of Michael, have been so even before he was known here in the USA and have followed his career since then. Love this man's performance in a live setting. Have been fortunate to have seen a few of his shows and was thoroughly entertained. And, I do agree that he, indeed, will have a long presence in our life as a musician, an entertainer. But, I just can't give this album a good review. This one just does not do it, for me, in-fact, found it to be quite boring and not up to par with the quality work of his that I am so used to. First off, the sound quality of the entire album is nothing to be desired, feels like it was recorded in someones garage with not the best recording equipment. Michael sounds as if he's just going through the motions, not really putting any effort, or at least that's how it came across to me. I have an awesome sounding stereo, both in my home and in my car (audiofile freak), but even so, the Cd still lacks in sound quality.. what happened? Also, the song selections of most of the covers are weak and Michael just does not do them anything special, like he had in the prior older releases. With his new stuff, I had to skip each one, not pleasing to the ear at all. I really hate to give this such a bad review, as I did try very much to like it but, no. Bad is bad.. There are a couple of songs, worth mentioning, that were very nice, Have I Told you Lately, Young at Heart & Never the Less. Glad I did not pay more then $10.00 for this one. Will be selling mine.

2.0 out of 5 stars WHY MICHAEL, WHY?, May 5, 2013
This review is from: To Be Loved (Audio CD)
This is hands down the worst album Michael Buble has ever released and I never thought i'd ever say that. Michael has released classic after classic, each album containing songs that give me goosebumps... such as "Cry me a River" , "I'm your Man" , and "Moondance" ... the crooner music that he's always done just suits him... It's obvious he's attempting to branch out to other genres (pop/rock and Motown) but it's honestly not working for him or his fans. I have been a hardcore Michael Buble fan for years since I was 14 years old (I'm 25 now.) I am just super disappointed with this album and it's the 1 Michael Buble album that won't be in my car playing over and over... I'll stick in the "Call me irresponsible" album and reminisce of the unbeatable 2007 tour. I will definitely be going to his 2013 tour, because I'm in love with his persona and stage presence, but this album is an absolute DUD and I can only hope that he'll do more old stuff rather then mostly new stuff.... 2 THUMBS DOWN.

The only songs I can listen to on this album is "Come Dance with Me" ... "Young at Heart" .. "You Make Me Feel so Young" ... the other songs, i can't even tolerate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Buble' Is To Be Loved!, April 23, 2013
M. Mariba "the teacher" (pretoria, south africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: To Be Loved (Audio CD)
This is Canadian crooner Michael Buble's 7th studio album release titled 'To Be Loved'. The album (14 tracks) has great 4 new original tracks co-written by Michael Buble' himself with collaborators and 10 classic covers (his own classical interpretation of the songs and the overall sound/feel of the album is that of a wonderful and very entertaining classical orchestral sound), making it a very enjoyable CD indeed. It's certainly one of his best in my book. Originals (4 tracks) are "After All" composed by Michael Buble'(MB), Bryan Adams, Alan Chang, Steven Sater and the legendary producer Jim Vallance (it's a rocky/poppy up-tempo track featuring Canadian rock singer-songwriter Bryan Adams); "Got It Easy" composed by MB, Tom Jackson & Alan Chang (this is my favourite track from the 4 originals, has a wonderful melody & vocals); "Close Your Eyes" composed by MB, Alan Chang & Jann Arden Richards and "It's A Beautiful Day" composed by MB, Amy Foster-Gillies and Alan Chang (it's a great first single from this album).

The other 10 tracks are classic covers, namely the Bee Gees' "To Love Somebody", it's my favourite from the covers; Dean Martin's "Nevertheless (I'm In Love With You)" (a jazzy track that features the wonderful The Puppini Sisters); Miracles' "Who's Lovin' You", Jackie Wilson's "To Be Loved" (this is a great title track composed by the legendary Motown mogul/composer Berry Gordy Jnr); Elvis Presley's "Have I Told You Lately" (it's composed by Scotty Wiseman); "Young At Heart" composed by Johnny Richards and Carolyn Leigh; Randy Newman's "You've Got A Friend In Me"; "Come Dance With Me" composed by Jimmy Van Heusen and Sammy Cahn; "Something Stupid" composed by Clarence Carson Parks (the song feafures actress Reese Witherspoon on vocals) and the wonderful "You Make Me Feel So Young" composed by Mark Gordon & Josef Myrow and sung by Frank Sinatra.

Stand-outs/gems/my favourites are "To Love Somebody" & "I Got It Easy". The remaining 12 tracks are good joyful and entertaining orchestral based tracks. There are no weak tracks or CD fillers.

On overall, Michael Buble' is on the roll in this new CD release 'To Be Loved', I love it to bits. A highly recommended CD for your listeling pleasure.

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing, April 24, 2013
This review is from: To Be Loved (Audio CD)
first time i have ever been disappointed by a michael buble cd. he is straying too far from what has made him the artist that he is today. i do not like his new songs at all. i am not some blue haired older chick either. that is how his voice sounds best, singing the oldies. very, very disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worst CD of his career. Not a bad CD, but very disappointing..., April 24, 2013
This review is from: To Be Loved (Audio CD)
For the first time ever, I'm disappointed with a Michael Buble CD. Nothing stands out...sounds too commercial and it sound like he's going through the motions. It's not bad, but he was at his best earlier in his career concerts and albums. Take a break and come back strong! Whoever is picking your song choices as far as covers should be fired. 2nd song sounds too much like "Just Haven't Met You Yet." Reese Witherspoon of all people to duet with?! Come on...best song is the last one. I found myself thinking how much better the originals are a few times. Not paying for a concert this year...

3.0 out of 5 stars Not As Moving As Others, April 24, 2013
Vicki Hopkins (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
This review is from: To Be Loved (Audio CD)
I love Buble's voice. However, when I buy a book, see a movie, or listen to music there is only one thing I ask for - that it moves my heart and emotions. This album was not my favorite. It's a mixture of oldies, upbeat, and Doo Wop rolled into one. Frankly, I only liked the following songs: You Make Me Feel So Young, Close Your Eyes, To Be Loved, Nevertheless, Young at Heart. I just wasn't impressed or moved by the others. Buble should stick to what he does best - croon to the ladies the oldies but goodies that are timeless in quality and filled with heart and emotion. That is his gift, and when he strays from the best that he does, the other songs become mediocre and not memorable. He's made a niche for himself that has given him fame, and I guess many of his listeners wish he'd just give us more and more of what makes him Michael Buble.

Oh, and as far as Reese Witherspoon singing with him on "Something Stupid" it definitely turned out to be just that - stupid. She couldn't stay in sync with his voice and when she did, you could barely hear the monotone droll. Why, oh why, was that recorded?

For me, I'll pull out his former albums and pick the ones I love to hear him sing. If you don't want to buy the whole thing, I suggest you listen to the previews and download the few you like instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Choice of Music, August 27, 2013
This review is from: To Be Loved (Audio CD)
What a disappointment. Thank goodness Amazon provides a preview of the CD. I own all of Michael's CDs but I won't own this one since there is "not one" selection that is worth the price. Bad arrangements of ho-hum songs. I think Michael should stick to what made him famous - "STICK TO THE STANDARDS" You do it like Sinatra and you would make him proud. Next time deliver something that is pleasant to the ears. Love you anyway.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, April 24, 2013
Lethia01 (FISHERVILLE, KENTUCKY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: To Be Loved (MP3 Music)
This is the first album by Michael Buble that he simply doesn't deliver on. The only songs that I've enjoyed listening to are 'After All', 'Have I Told You Lately', 'It's a Beautiful Day', and the Toy Story song 'You've got a friend in me'. Save your money and only buy the singles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buble's To Be Loved Shows Great Growth And Range, April 23, 2013
This review is from: To Be Loved (Audio CD)
Michael Buble' has carved out a very unique position in the music business by being unique and unafraid in his ability to cover great popular songs of the past with a small mixture of original gems that he has co-written himself. This has led to his most amazing and diverse album yet in a career that has defied and exceeded expectations time and time again.

To Be Loved opens with a great Sinatra cover of You Make me Feel So Young and closes the regular version of the album with Young At Heart. Michael's phrasing owes a great deal to Ole Blue Eyes on both songs that bookend this spectacular album and special credit should go to music arranger David Pierce who makes the former song swing and bounce with verve. Buble's music director and pianist Alan Chang handles the lilting and velvety arrangement of the latter song in elegant fashion.

In between these two songs is where Buble' begins to stretch himself artistically as well as vocally and shows greater range and diversity than on any previous album.
Its A Beautiful Day may not break new ground but it has got to be one of the most upbeat and bouncy break-up songs ever written. Who knew being dumped could be so invigorating and positive.

The next song is To Love Somebody written and recorded by the great Bee Gees and Buble's neo-soul re-do is sensational. An absolutely fantastic arrangement by the great Alan Chang make this one of the highlights of this awesome album, but wait there are more pleasant surprises to come.

Who's Loving You is an amazing piece of music written by the great Smokey Robinson and most famously recorded by the Jackson Five and Buble's version is both quite an artistic risk and a revelation. Buble' has been quoted as saying his impending fatherhood has put his life in perspective and he seems more willing to take risks on this album than he ever would have on any previous album and the listener is rewarded with one of Buble's most impassioned and soulful vocals ever to be caught on tape.

The next song is more in his expected wheelhouse, Something Stupid which owes a great deal to Frank and Daughter Nancey's original version though the flamenco guitar adds something nice to the mix. Some listeners may notice that Reese Whetherspoon's vocal is mixed low , but this is with intention as it was with Nancey's voice as well as it is intended to be a true harmony vocal rather than a stand out duet. Their voices blend beautifully as well.

Come Dance With Me gets the Latin-Salsa treatment from Buble much like his previous version of Save The Last Dance For Me. Buble' has said he is looking forward to singing this one live in concert and I do think it will have them dancing in the aisle.

Close Your Eyes is one of four original songs Buble' co-wrote and it is one of the most spin tingling and beautiful ballads he has ever song in his amazing ten year recording career. Written as a dedication to his gorgeous wife and really all the women in his life, it features a stellar orchestral arrangement by the great William Ross who did the magnificent arrangement on Michaels definitive version of Cry Me A River, which Buble himself had a hand in creating. What a gorgeous melody and what a tender and passionate vocal by that velvet voice. Wow, if you love great romantic music it does not get much better than this song and this voice.

After All, co-written with the great Bryan Adams is one of the best and most contemporary songs Mr. Buble' has ever cut. It also has an irresistible melody and their voices blend quite nicely. I think we have a future single at top 40 radio perhaps released after the next probable single, the previously mentioned Close Your Eyes.

Have I Told You Lately That I Love You, not to be confused with the Rod Steward song that has the same title, is most closely associated with Elvis Presley as one one his most earnest and tender cuts early in his career. Buble's understated and tender vocals stand out front much like Elvis' vocal on Love Me Tender with the great Naturally 7 standing in for the Jordinaires.

To Be Loved, the great Berry Gordy written title cut made famous by the equally great Jackie Wilson, may be the highlight cover song on this amazing and diverse album. What an amazing and inspiring vocal, one of the best of Buble's entire career. Just sit back and listen to David Pierce's amazingly written strings swell and enhance Buble's majestic vocals. What a treat for the listener.

You've Got A Friend In Me, written by the genius of Randy Newman (Remember the song Short People), from the animated movie Toy Story is given the big band treatment by Michael with a helping hand from arranger and conductor David Pierce and it demonstrates what happens when a great song gets hooked up with a great voice for the first time. If only Buble' had been asked to record it for the movie originally.

Nevertheless( I'm In Love With You) is Buble's nod to one of his early idols, Dean Martin, and Buble' sings it with the grace and ease that Martin brought to his best work. Dean must be smiling down from heaven on his disciples dedicated version. The fantastic Puppini Sisters add their amazing touch to this tender ballad.

I Got It Easy is the last original song co-written by Michael with help from Alan Chang and Tom Jackson with an absolutely stellar orchestral arrangement from William Ross. Buble' thought this song could be slightly polarizing but I think he underestimates the power and sweep of this majestic song that accurately reflects how lucky he feels to be so blessed in his life. Lots of famous and rich singers have felt this sentiment, but have not been able to express it so bluntly and yet so beautifully.

The special edition version includes three more songs including a big band treatment of first single Its A Beautiful Day and a tender and venerable vocal on the classic Melancholy Baby, but the absolute highlight of this package is the Ronnettes' Phil Spector produced classic Be My Baby. Buble' delivers this gem with gusto and verve and takes you to another place and time. Wow and this beauty did not even make the regular album.

To Be Loved is arguably the greatest, but definitely the most diverse and wide ranging album of his amazing career. How often can you put a CD on your player and not hit the skip button once?

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best, December 18, 2013
This review is from: To Be Loved (MP3 Music)
The sound quality on this cd....just isnt there. What was Michael thinking....reese witherspoon...ugh! I bought the cd ...oh, I dont know why...cause I love Michael. I hope he realized his mistake and moves on.

To Be Loved
To Be Loved by Michael Bublé (Audio CD - 2013)
Click for more info