on October 21, 2013
I was pretty excited to get these boots after hearing friends rave about them. I read the reviews and instructions on various websites and on that other site and at the To Boot site there is mention of a 1/2 sizing difference, so I ordered a 1/2 size smaller than I usually wear. The boot came today and this boot is a whole size too large.

It is a nice boot. The boot is made of a nice soft leather. It is not listed as being sized like an Australian shoe, but it is. Way too big.

I am waiting on my refund to go through, and will re-order once the money is returned to me.

It is such a nice looking boot, the defect of making something so big is just wrong.

Order a full size smaller!

UPDATE 11/25/2013 AFTER REFUND AND RE-ORDER

While I am still happy with this boot let me add the following. There are a few things that strike me as problematic for a $400+ boot that so many of my NYC area friends rave about.

1.) These are not comfortable boots out of the box. After a few days they loosened up, but after a few weeks of severe pain in the legs I had to put insoles to have them wear with comfort. Out of the box they have no support.

2.) The heel seems to be made of plastic rather than wood. This is odd for a boot costing so much money. This hard plastic even with the rubber and the tiny bit of leather on the inside mean that this boot shocks the soul of your feet more than you would expect for such an expensive boot.

3.) The leather while soft and quite nice seems a grade lower than what I would expect for an expensive boot. It is soft but the grain seems like it will crack if I don't spend a lot of time keeping the boots conditioned.

4.) As they break in you might find that they run a 1.5 size smaller. Depends. I have them a whole size smaller than my shoe size and still feel that after break in, they are closer to 1.5 sizes larger than standard US sizing.

While I do like the way these boots look, they are, like other old school boots and shoes a bit of work.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again