Oz 6 Seasons 1997
Amazon Instant Video
1. The Routine In the 'Emerald City' experimental unit of Oswald State Penitentiary, we meet some of the diverse inmates who exist in a pecking order of Gangbangers, Latinos, Muslims, Westies, Aryans and Wiseguys.
2. Visits, Conjugal and Otherwise With Schibetta and the prison brass in a race to uncover Ortolani's killer (for very different reasons), we see how inmates react to visits both from their wives and (in one case) family members who are also in prison.
3. God's Chillin' Friction is growing in the wake of two deaths so Said, Wiseguy leader Schibetta and Gangbanger Jefferson Keane are brought together by Warden Glynn, who tells them to keep their boys quiet or else he'll lock the prison down.
4. Capital P Governor Devlin has reinstated capital punishment in the state--and the first Oz prisoner scheduled to die is Jefferson Keane, who killed a Latino in their skirmish. Before he's executed, Keane donates a kidney to his ailing sister.
5. Straight Life The infiltration of drugs into Oz has reached scary levels, and the efforts of McManus and Glynn to find out who's smuggling backfire in a deadly way. Despite a lockdown, drugs continue to trickle in--and the blame shifts to corrupt officials.
6. To Your Health The prison's health service is kept busy by a variety of prisoner complaints: Beecher flips out and sends Schillinger to the hospital; mob boss Schibetta develops stomach problems thanks to some ground glass; and Said has a heart attack.
7. Plan B A recovered Said ostracizes Huseni Mershah for turning his back on him when he was dying--and orders all the Muslims to cast him out. Impressed by Said's power, Groves decides to kill Glynn in his honor, but ends up stabbing an officer by mistake.
8. A Game of Checkers In the Season One finale, a riot breaks out and frustration, sexuality, hate, revenge and racism all rear their ugly heads. Finally, after several officers are taken hostage, tear gas is thrown into Em City and the SORT Team arrives, guns blazing.
|Supporting actors||Harold Perrineau, Eamonn Walker, Kirk Acevedo, Rita Moreno, Tony Musante, J.K. Simmons, Lee Tergesen, Sean Whitesell, Dean Winters, BD Wong, Rick Fox, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Stephen Gevedon, Tomas Milian, George Morfogen, Roger Guenveur Smith, Lauren Vélez, Nesbitt Blaisdell|
|Executive Producer||Jim Finnerty|
|Rental rights||24 hour viewing period. Details|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Great show...started it from the beginning since I never saw the tv series. Great start to a weekend!! MUST SEE!!Published 1 day ago by William Sims
Not as bad as it was when it first came out.. but a few scenes in this show are still disturbing..
I got this for a friend - they love it.. Read more
Best HBO series ever!! I just wish they made more seasons... The cast is great, from Ernie Hudson (Warden Glynn) to J.K. Simmons (Vern Schillinger). Read morePublished 10 days ago by James
The premise of the show is pretty good. I picked this up because I seem to be a pretty big fan of everything HBO puts out. The downside of this show is the lack of women. Read morePublished 12 days ago by JohnnyMac
Absolutely love this show. Decided to watch it from the beginning and expose a friend who hadn't seen it. Highly recommended!!Published 20 days ago by Sonia Wagner
The Streaming for OZ is TERRIBLE ON ALL THE SEASONS. Why I do not know but it is,. I checked to make sure it was not on my end but it is not. Every episode and every season. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Eric Simon
brings back memories watching the series over again. One of my all time favorites. I was sad when I finished it for the second time.Published 1 month ago by Dakota DeWitt
i saw this when it first came out on HBO however i forgot so many of the story lines and decided to stream the first season on my laptop this is a show that is hardcore so be... Read morePublished 1 month ago by moses
I am currently watching all 6 seasons of OZ. I never saw it on television. It is brutal at times and makes me turn away but I am enjoying it.Published 1 month ago by Sheryl Peck