Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Toad's Wild Ride
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Price:$1.99

on September 12, 2012
Season 5 has started out with a bang, and I loved the writing and how everyone is really bringing these characters to life. I know most people who have never watched the show think its all about an Outlaw club, but honestly that's just one piece of it. The show is about people, and how they interact and react to the situations they are put into. Last nights episode was another great one with amazing performances, Kim Coates (Tig) in particular has a great scene in this episode. I would highly recommend buying the episodes on amazon, and then when the dvd comes out next year, buy that too for all of the extras. If you have never watched an episode of Sons, find a friend who has seasons 1-4 and watch them. Also I would recommend watching Kurt Sutter's youtube videos for behind the scenes stuff. It is a great way for fans to connect with the cast and creator. This is the only show that I know of that actually keeps in touch with the fans inbetween seasons.

Anyway I will not put any spoilers in this review, and will just recommend you watch this show because it is really a great show. But this show is not for children, so if you have little ones, don't let them watch the show with you. There is a reason why the show comes on as late as it does. Thank you for reading my review and I hope this helped you a little in deciding whether to buy these episodes or not.
11 comment| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2012
**********EDIT***************

The issue of the missing scenes has been resolved! Something about the Canadian version and distributors or something. Not entirely sure. But the episode is now at 53 minutes. Thank goodness.

So I re-evaluated the stars to reflect the content of the episode - AMAZING!

However, I'm leaving the body of the review explaining the original problem in case this issue comes up with future episodes. The last few are supposed to be extended as well so it's worth watching lengths to make sure we're getting everything Sutter wants us to see.

**************END OF EDIT*************************

Original rating - 1 star for missing content

I love Sons of Anarchy, and this episode at full length (as aired in the US on FX) was amazing, as per usual.

However, this version (and from a friend I know the iTunes version as well) is missing several scenes. Mostly character development type scenes, not anything that seemed to be detrimental to the plot (but we all know Sutter may well make small details important), but good scenes. Apparently, this shortened version is what aired in Canada.

And at least one of the missing scenes explains a later scene that remains (I know it sounds confusing, but I'm trying not to give away any spoilers here, it's quite difficult).

The full version without commercials should be 51 minutes, check the time stamp, this version is only 44. 7 minutes are missing. I feel that that is unacceptable. I want the full experience when I rewatch during the off season.
1212 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2012
I'm speechless. I can't put into words of what just happened. This episode has turned this season upside down and into a new animal. Sutter has me completely clueless on what he's going to do next. My idea of what is going to happen this season has been blown away by just one character's fate. RIP brother
33 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2012
Man I have to say I am once again blown away. I knew Clay would not slink away with his tail between his legs but man I did not think he would sink so low. i should be ashamed of myself for not thinking the worse. he is going to bring his crew down just because he is no longer the head and it can't go the way he wants. seems this big bully surely can not play in the sand box with the rest of the kiddies. i am only hoping it doesn't take the rest of the gang the season to figure out clay is screwing them from the inside. i need to have faith in my boys that someone will figure this crap out and fast. was so sorry that Rita and the baby are gone but it just makes the sheriff angry and maybe just maybe he will play with the other kids to bring his wife's killer out in the open. man clay you and your new posse need to go down and in a big way. you guys need to be made an example. wow blown away speechless
another hell of a show
on September 26, 2012
Man, I won't lie. I'm more than a bit shell-shocked over this episode. Sutter.....Sutter is a mad genius with a pen. I'm saddened over what went down in this episode but I admire Sutter's guts in doing it, knowing that fan reaction would be intense. Sutter has no sacred cows. He warned us before the start of the season that Sons was about Jax's voyage, and brother, this will affect the direction Jax takes from now on. Already he is harder. I'm sad but I can't turn away. I can't remember when a show has hooked me this hard. I didn't want to see what I saw in this episode, yet it stays within the familiar bounds of love and brotherhood that these Sons have for one another. Amazing. This is shaping up to be the best seasons of Sons yet
on November 7, 2012
This is my favorite show. I own all seasons on both DVD and VOD versions, I keep the most recent season on my DVR. It is unacceptable for the streaming services to offer versions that differ from the show that aired in their region/country. I sincerely hope this is an distribution error and will be rectified shortly. Please offer the full episode for download ASAP.

Edit - As promised, I have changed my star rating now that the full US episode has aired. Thank you Sutter/FX & Amazon for rectifying this situation and ensuring that those who buy their weekly episodes got the same experience as those who watch it live!
on December 5, 2012
I love the show. Season five was a great season for Jax. He's journey to the gavel and the fallout with Clay is a great story.

I've been disappoint with Amazon's timing of delivery. Most weeks I woke up to the next episode. But on a could of occasions, including this morning for the season finale' it's nowhere to be found.
on October 24, 2012
not much in the world that I enjoy, but this show keeps me waiting every week for the newest episode. I love the twist and turn world of SAMCROWE and hope it goes for a good long time. As I said not much that I enjoy but this show does it for me all the way. Keep up the great work and Thank You for this enjoyment.

OldManinTX
on September 23, 2012
I have had no issues with streaming episodes through the Amazon Instant Video Store. It has really been the way to go for my family. We use netflix for the kids to watch episodes of this or that and my husband and I will buy episodes of the shows we watch instead of having to sign a two year contract with directv or dish network. The episodes are always added to my library very quickly and play all the way through with no problems. And it is high quality video too. Well worth the money! Would recommend to anyone!!!
on May 2, 2013
We never watched SOA on regular TV. It's on late. We are old, and go to bed around 8PM. No TIVO. I like bikes, been a rider since I was 14 years old ... no funny clothes, no tattoos, but I love to ride. I happened to watch Episode 1 of Season 1 on Netflix, and I was hooked immediately. I ran it again for my wife, and she was equally hooked. So, we watched all of the freebies we could, and when they ran out, I bought Season 5 from Amazon. The thing is, on regular TV you have a week between episodes and then an off-season. The way we did it was watch one after the other, almost continuousy. Probably not healthy to do it that way.

The writing is so good on SOA ... which is what keeps any good series afloat. SOA reminds me of The Sopranos on motorcycles. Excellent acting from all of the cast members, too. They seem to be enjoying themselves, and it shows on-screen.

What I can't figure out is how Clay and Gemma have not been murdered yet ... those two are so devious, so sleazy, so just plain BAD, that you'd expect them to be long dead by now ... gotta love 'em though.