5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toaster
Published on March 6, 2012 by Silvia

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of $
Published on May 27, 2012 by S. White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toaster, March 6, 2012
This review is from: Toaster - 2 Slice Stainless Steel Toaster with Illuminated LED Buttons (RJ06) by Chefman (Kitchen)
This toaster does what it is supposed to do, toasts bread of all thicknesses, evenly on both sides, even when the bread is frozen. It is easy to operate, and very consistent. Previously I had an expensive super whiz-bang toaster from a fancy European manufacturer with all kinds of fancy controls and it produced the worst toast ever. This one, at a quarter of the price, is far superior. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME EVEN Toasting!!!.............., March 31, 2012
Happy Shopping (Upper Saddle River, NJ) - See all my reviews
This Toaster does the job perfect with toasting even on both sides. Only had it for 1 week yet it has done its job perfect every time. Only problem I have is that we use "Pepperidge Farm" bread and it seems that this bread it a bit longer then most so the toasting leaves the edges not toasted....You also have to tap the bread down a bit but really it does a perfect job at toasting I will live with this for an awesome job it does at a great price. It does't seem to be a problem but wanted to mention it... BTW: Read your ingredients Pepperidge Farm is pretty much the only bread company that doesn't use SOY FLOUR....

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of $, May 27, 2012
I am not a toaster snob in the least, but this toaster was such a disappointment. Right out of the box, it felt incredibly cheap... lightweight, flimsy. Although I have only been using it for 2 weeks, the coils already appear defective, only heating properly on one side (even without bagel setting). Opening for bread is very small... this toaster will only fit a standard slice of bread. A bread slice that is slightly more wide or tall will not fit.

My last toaster was a $10 toastmaster, and it far outperformed this one. Save your money and skip on the Chefman.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Outstanding Toaste, April 30, 2012
After having purchased two genuinely lousy Oster toasters, each of which malfunctioned in short order, we decided to purchase the Chefman RJ06. What a great decision! This is a fabulous toaster in that it operates perfectly each time; its openings are wide enough to accommodate English muffins and bagels, and its degree of toasting adjuster is very accurate. In short, we recommend this product without reservation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Toaster, August 14, 2012
This is a modestly-priced two slice toaster. We have had it for a week and it seems to be just as advertised. Nothing flashy, just gets the job done. Room for larger items in the slots, so bagels, etc. toast nicely.

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE do NOT buy!, January 19, 2013
It only lasted four months. I typically don't bother to write a review, but I'm hoping that I can help shift the rating distribution down. It seemed OK at first, but I can't believe how quickly it died. First, the buttons started to stop working, and then the toast wouldn't stay down. We don't toast a lot, so it is possible the thing will failure quicker than four months.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent doesn't begin to cover it, November 27, 2012
I hate this toaster. It does not matter what the dial is set at, if it toasts a piece of bread one day the same setting will either char broil or not even warm up the bread the next day. Yesterday I made a bagel and used the bagel button. I ended up throwing the first one away because it was burned on all sides and looked like charcoal. The second bagel I didn't use the bagel button, I simply set the dial to 5 and waited. When it popped up it was barely warm. I had to push it down a second time to actually get it toasted.
This morning I tried repeating how I had successfully made yesterday's bagel. I set the dial to 5, pushed it down and when it came up it was burned and inedible.
There is no way to predict what you will get each time you put something in this toaster. I only bought it because the price was so cheap, I've learned my lesson though and I am currently shopping for a more expensive and well rated toaster. I suggest you do the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!!, July 12, 2012
Perfectly even toast every time! Looks nice and sleek on kitchen counter. This is our third appliance from this manufacturer and we are becoming huge fans!

4.0 out of 5 stars CHEFMAN RJO6 2-SLICE TOASTER, April 30, 2012
Reasonably priced. Toaster toasts very evenly and has a good range of browning from light to dark. Seems to be well constucted and not cheap looking.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't toast evenly, September 11, 2012
toasted unevenly. one side toasted, the other side not at all. pretty to look at, but I returned it. you shouldn't waste your money.

Rate and Discover Movies