Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:08 Mins
Published on November 11, 2010 by Arthur Senior

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but cheaper and better alternatives abound
I already had an Aroma AWK-115S Hot H20 X-Press 1-1/2-Liter Cordless Water Kettle at home and liked it a lot. When I needed another kettle for the office, this Toastess just happened to be on sale. Even though the sale price was still above Aroma's regular one, I was curious to find out whether the big price difference was justified.

It was not. The two kettles...
Published on November 4, 2011 by M. Wang

5.0 out of 5 stars Toastess Electric Kettle - Boils 2-cups in less then 2-minutes!, November 11, 2010
This review is from: Toastess DLJK459 Delfino Stainless Steel Cordless Kettle (Kitchen)
Length:: 2:08 Mins

EXPERIENCE: WOW, that's all I can say, seriously though, this is a top of the line electric tea kettle. First of all, I love stainless steel, as it looks nice, and is also functional in that it won't rust. Using this kettle couldn't be any easier, let me explain why. The kettle is cordless, in that you can separate it away from the power base. This allows you to easily fill it in the sink, and there is a reservoir window, located near the handle, to show you the level of water. It can boil between 0.5L all the way up to 1.8L of water.

All I had to do is press the button on the top of the handle, which released the fill door on the top of the kettle, I then filled it up to the 1.0L mark. What is nice about this kettle is, that it has a filter in the pour spout. Now all I have to do is place the kettle back onto the power base, it can go on it any which way, since it's a 360 degree connection. Then all I have to do is press down on the power switch, located towards the bottom of the handle. Another nice feature is that the kettle, when turned on, will illuminate the reservoir window, so you can see how much water is still left in the kettle.

It will boil 0.5L of water in about 1:30-minute, 1.0L in about 2:30-minutes, 1.5L in about 4:30-minutes, and 1.8L in about 6:30-minutes. I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty fast! Think about it, a normal tea pot, fully filled, on your stove, will take about 10-minutes minimum to reach boiling point on the "HIGH" stove setting, and possibly even longer. It will take your microwave at least 3-minutes to boil 1-cup of water, and at least 6 or 7 minutes to boil 2-cups. Yes, I think the Delfino electric kettle wins the race!

The kettle contains a concealed element, which I believe to be a safer rout, and it allows for easier cleaning, as opposed to older kettle models. The kettle comes with built in safety features as well. It doesn't matter how much water you put into the kettle, when it reaches boiling point, it automatically shuts off. And whenever you take the kettle off of the power base, it also automatically shuts off.

CONCLUSION: I never used to be into electric kettles in the past, I thought they were not necessary. But this stainless steel Delfino kettle from Toastess, has made me a believer. Its safer to use, faster to use, and easier to use, what more could you want? Its list price is for $52.00 dollars. I highly recommend this electric kettle, 5-stars!

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but cheaper and better alternatives abound, November 4, 2011
M. Wang (CT United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

It was not. The two kettles are similar in construction and identical in function. In fact, this Toastess is a little slower than the Aroma, which is no speed demon itself. The seat of the Toastess is also a little wobbly. The auto-shutoff switch is too quick to trigger, and the water would boil for just 2 seconds, not enough time, in my opinion to kill all the germs. In all, I would definitely go with the Aroma even if the two are priced the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and fast!, January 8, 2011
Bought this kettle for my parents as a Christmas present. We've been using it several times a day for two weeks and it has worked beautifully. Looks great on the counter and boils water amazingly quickly. It's a bit noisy when it's heating the water, but it boils so quickly that the sound isn't even a problem. Cordless and auto-off features are great. Better than the other electric kettle I have at home. Would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars No more burning up stovetop tea kettles and pots, April 9, 2011
I bought the kettle for my brother who is a big tea drinker after I received my first elecric tea kettle from my daughter and just loved it. He has nothing but praise for this kettle. He says the kettle size and cord length are perfect and the automatic shut off, the best feature, has worked every time. We don't know why it took us so long to find these kettles as we have burned up some expensive stovetop tea kettles and pots over the years. I have a Utilitea variable temperature kettle which seems to be "out of stock" since Christmas time but I have not brewed any tea which requries a lower temperature. My only complaint with these kettles is that the water level viewer is made of plastic so when heated you are drinking the poisons from the plastic. Glass should be used. To limit my exposure, I fill my kettle just for 1 cup of tea so the water barely reaches the plastic.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works great but leaks, November 20, 2011
I order one it worked great, then within a week, I see a puddle of water around the kettle, and between the kettle and the base. Find that it is leaking at the seam below the name. Return to Amazon (easy). New one arrives, and within a week, I can see the water marks on the base, and water seeping out the seam on this one too.

Now we choose to keep it, it does work well, and holds lots of water.

DO NOT STORE WATER IN IT for any length of time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, January 30, 2012
Anita Protich (Pasadena, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Do not buy! We bought this kettle for the office and after a few uses the kettle started leaking the whole circumference at the seam between metal and the plastic base. Of course it started its leaking after we threw away the box so there was no sending it back. We continued using it until we started to see calcification and RUST leech out.

We were forced to find another kettle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality control is poor, December 22, 2011
The first one wouldn't turn on. So we returned it. The second one leaked. We're not going to try our luck with a third...

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaks on first use!, February 20, 2013
Wombat (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this a while ago but didn't start to use it till recently. The first few times time I used it, I started noticing traces of water on the base unit. I traced it to a slow leak from the seam at the bottom of the kettle. What a waste of money!

1.0 out of 5 stars Kettle has a leak, December 20, 2011
I was excited to get this kettle -but soon discovered a leak. I would put water into the kettle only to come back to find water leaked all over the base. It was leaking from day 1. I don't even use it anymore. Let's see, water leaking out creating a puddle on an electric kettle base, something tells me that is really BAD. I would really like to receive a new carafe or just an entire new unit. This kettle is really great, if it wasn't for the leak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Kettle, November 4, 2010
All SS kettle is great so youdon't have to worry about BPA and other nasty bits from heated plastic. It heats up nicely and isn't to bad looking on our counter top.