Toastess TJK-28W 1500-Watt 1-4/7-Quart Cordless Electric Jug Kettle
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 1500-watt cordless electric jug kettle quickly boils up to 1-4/7 quarts of water
- Automatically shuts off when water starts to boil or if plugged in when empty
- Stainless-steel heating element resists corrosion and scale build-up
- Water-level window; hinged lid snaps into place; stay-cool handle
- Measures 5-1/2 by 9-2/7 by 10-4/5 inches; 2-year limited warranty
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Boils water FAST and it's quiet too. Perfect for the office.
2. Great safety features. You really want a cordless unit for easier/safer filling and pouring, and the auto-shutoff and on/off indicator light do work exactly as described. Also, the spout has a mesh shield and a plastic guard that prevent water from splashing out while boiling. Overall, no need to worry about accidents.
3. The plastic view-window with volume markings is on both sides of the unit, so you can see the water level from any angle.
4. Convenient storage: Relatively small footprint, and the cord wrap on the base, minimize counter clutter.
1. It takes about 2 cups of water to cover the heating element, which can be less convenient if you just want a cup of tea.
2. The cord is only about 3 feet long. Fine for kitchen counters, but less so if you're using your office wall outlets/power strips.
3. The lid on mine sticks on one side, so I have to push to snap it into place (might just be mine though).
Overall I really like this kettle's quality & convenience. You can find pricier ones, but for the money, this one has all the necessary features and then some.
I had this unit for exactly 93 days and it just wouldnt turn on one day.
I used it less than 3 times a week. There are several drawbacks to this unit. It draws ALOT of electricity to run it. I could use the same socket to run anything else while this on. Water gurgles/spits out of the spout while its boiling and I have gotten burned. The spout is also poorly designed, the water doesn't come out in an even stream, it goes where it chooses and even out of the seam of the lid. The heating element is exposed inside the pot and makes it almost impossible to properly clean. The water does get really hot in a short amount of time but its not worth it.
I just bought the Braun WK200B about a week ago. It is everything this kettle isn't and so much more. Read the reviews on that one before you buy this one. Its a better choice all around. Save the shipping costs, time & headache, just buy the Braun first and pass this one up.
- the unit feels cheap
- the heating element is not concealed, as the description leads you to believe. Instead it is a big coil, and you must pour enough water to coat it every time.
- after a few month of use the top opens only with some straggle
- Autoshut off does not work. So many times i found red hot coil inside an empty unit, who know how much electricity this waists!
My grandfather used to say "I am not rich enough to buy cheap things", I'll try to remember it better next time.
Eventually the locking led breaks causing it to overheat.
(I gave it a 5-star rating because it does last for quite some time
and we can't expect it to last forever!)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Makes all our tea, soup, hot water needs a snap. Fill the water, hit the button, presto!Published 1 month ago by Ed Frierson
We use this everyday to make tea and pour-over coffee. Works well with no issues.Published 3 months ago by Fattieman
Exposed heating coils, clunky nesting system, top with plastic opening system doesn't seem sturdy enough to hold up. Not what I expected.Published 16 months ago by Wendy Dawson
I purchased this to replace a 10-year-old Toastess kettle. There is no comparison. This one feels flimsy, the lid is always falling into the closed position when refilling, the fit... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Karin B. Hill
I really love this jug kettle,I do not have to use my stove to heat
up water anymore or wait a long time for it to heat up.
Since people often ask about this when considering getting a plastic kettle, I got this information from Toastess Consumer Services in Quebec:
"All of the plastic... Read more
Yesterday it just would not turn on - tried everything. I had it barely over two months and i was hoping it would be a good product, but it failed.Published on March 22, 2014 by Debara
This kettle would work better if it had a decent design. unfortunately, you either have to stand there pushing the handle down so it makes conact with the power source, or, like I... Read morePublished on March 16, 2014 by Brownie