Toblino 2 black leather iPad 2 multi-angle stand case
|Price:||$34.95 + $10.95 shipping|
|You Save:||$5.00 (13%)|
- Toblino 2 folio case works at home and around town (fits iPad 2 only - Toblino 3 fits iPad 2/3/4)
- Soft gray microfiber interior
- Luxurious, black bi-cast leather exterior
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) excellent build quality. The material is real leather and the inner lining is a soft microfiber like material. The iPad 2 looks good in it.
2) allows you to hold and use the iPad 2 like a book. The flap is firm (not thin and flimsy) and this gives it a feel of a hard bound book. Very comfortable to hold and read.
3) auto wake and sleep- this is an excellent feature to have. Closing the front cover to shut the iPad feels very intuitive. I am happy they included this feature
4) multiple slots for different angles
5) if you care, the case comes with instruction manual with step by step illustrations
6) All ports and buttons are very easily accessible. Very comfortable and ergonomic design.
7) Gives an overall good grip while carrying your ipad. The iPad feels very secure in it.
1) adds a bit of weight to you iPad. This is especially noticeable when you are trying to use the iPad lying down on a bed/couch.
2) adds a bit of volume- this is to be expected of any case other than the smart cover.
3) doesn't have a designated slot for the ultra low typing position. The case allows a 30 degree angle which is still convenient but I would have liked the iPad to slide all the way down to the low typing position. I am hoping that over time the fold loosens up.
4) you have to take the iPad off the two secure slots every time you want to use it at an angle. However, I have a work around this- I never secure it in the two slots near the fold. :)
5) It would have been nice to see the case in more colors than just black(how about a taupe or khaki color?Read more ›
However, when I examined the case I received, I noticed only 3 of the "snaps" or "tabs?" or whatever securely holding the iPad to the case. The other corner tabs are simply to short or too shallow to even wrap at the edge of my iPad and hold it in place. This means that... there is a high risk of my iPad falling to the ground should any of these 3 good tabs or snaps give in. I liked the case so I gave it the benefit of doubt and ordered another one for a friend. To my surprise, he got a good case with every snaps holding the iPad securely. The front cover latches or hooks to the iPad body perfectly. Opening it required minimal effort (yet sturdy enough to keep the cover in place). My case had a very very stiff latch... that when I open the case, I have to apply too much pressure to pry it open.
To my disappointment, I ended up returning my case for a refund. Should I get the same iPad 2 case for a replacement? No. Because quality-control-wise, the manufacturer couldn't provide this. Comparing both case I received showed a very very big variation or deviation on the dimensions and quality in general.
So is the case good enough? Yeah it's great... but only if you can get a good one.
Then I went with a "gel" type case here on Amazon and while the iPad fit very snugly and was perfect, it wasn't tacky at all. It was just as slippery with the gel case as without one. So into the pile it went.
Enter this case. I ordered it figuring I'd return it if it wasn't to my liking but when I took it out of the packaging, I loved it right away. Sliding the iPad in I could tell it was going to be a very secure case. It was a tight fit but I prefer that over a looser one. The leather is nice, the magnetic shut off closure was a great idea and it doesn't seem (to me) to add a lot of weight or bulk. It's really professional looking when closed and sitting on the desk. Unlike the leather case with stand that I bought, this case has a cutout for the speaker, which is now located on the back of the iPad 2, unlike the iPad 1's bottom mounted speaker.
Now, the odd design choices:
1 - The slots were crucial for me and the first one has the iPad standing in a completely vertical position. I don't use that much and don't find it very useful. The second groove puts the iPad on a nice angle but for some reason when they cut the groove they did not give any consideration to the fact that the iPad is now on an angle so several times it has slipped out of that groove. Had they angled the groove rather than cutting it straight, it would have been much better.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is my second one. Dog ate the corner of the first one. Fits well and easily snaps on. Snaps securely shut. Looks like leather and doesn't add a lot of bulk to my iPad. Read morePublished 28 days ago by mu1yvi
Well, I am very disappointed as I bought this cover about 4 years ago and the quality and fit has gone way down...which is unfortunate as my old cover was lovely and well made. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Commando
I purchased one of these a long time ago. My old ipad2 went to my nephew and he needed a new case for it, and I came back here to purchase this one again. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Anubhav Bhatia
This was for my iPad2 and worked pretty well. My only complaint was it scuffed easily. Overall, not bad.Published 6 months ago by Mike Whitmer
Worth more than charged! While this may sound like faint praise, it's the second one for my Ipad which actually means it works great in protecting the device.Published 8 months ago by Cycist
For the price you will not find better deal for i pad2...i love it.Published 8 months ago by Marty Chow
Quality item for the price. Still use now. Does not come loose and is very low profile and sleek. Leather holds up well.Published 9 months ago by Richard Johnson
Bought this to replace the same one I had bought a few years back. Holds the iPad securely and looks great.Published 11 months ago by Craig W. Buscema