Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Toca Race Driver 3 - Mac
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

100%
Price:$24.95+ $3.99 shipping

on March 3, 2010
There are not many racing games for the Mac so when a new one arrives hopes are high.

Overall this has been very entertaining. Modern race cars, rally cars, dirt racers, and a few "classics" can keep you at the controls for way too long.

The game runs decently on my three year old i-Mac but there are some glitches. A few of the track/car combinations stutter badly on my machine, rendering them useless.

Purists will gripe over some of the grids; when were there ever 12 W-196 Benzes in one race? Nevertheless there's much to enjoy with authentic sounds and handling characteristics.

The front engine, straight eight Benz sounds real and powerslides like it should. The designers did a good job getting the various cars to feel and sound right.

The tracks appear very authentic. When I watch real racing on the Speed Channel I often have a deja vu experience. Monza and Spa are my favorites.

Mac users might want to investigate "Total Immersion Racing" as well. It does not have quite the variety of Toca 3 but has run absolutely glitch free on my computer.
on March 7, 2009
I love this game! Next thing I know hours have past, the sun is coming up, and I am still racing!