5.0 out of 5 stars Fun! Fun! Fun!
Published on February 4, 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard on Mommy's ears!
Published on October 20, 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun! Fun! Fun!, February 4, 2002
This review is from: Toddler Favorites (Audio CD)
I bought this CD for my son when he was 15 months old to listen to because he gets fussy before mealtimes. He loves to listen to music and this CD does the trick. It is a lot of fun for him to hear the other little children singing. Adults might find the little children singing off key, but hey they are only little kids. We are not looking for perfection, just something for our childrens pleasure. Me son loves to hear the kids singing and it has even helped him become more verbal. I really like the creative updated version of many songs, especially the wheels on the bus. This really is a very nice CD and I would highly recommend it. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toddler CD Around, October 26, 2000
This review is from: Toddler Favorites (Audio CD)
This is my 4 year old niece's favorite cd! It's really a very fun cd, that the adults can also enjoy. The woman singer has a fun style of singing, and blended with the kid voices, it makes this cd a keeper. My niece's favorite songs on this cd are Wheels On the Bus, Where Is Thumbkin, I'm A Little Teapot and Monkeys on the Bed, and I agree, after repeated listenings, these songs really stand out and have a fun sound to them that the kids will really enjoy. Even for adults listening, these songs are very enjoyable to listen to!
I highly recommended getting this CD for your little ones, it's a wonderful traveling cd, if you happen to have a cd in your car, it does keep them occupied!

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard on Mommy's ears!, October 20, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Toddler Favorites (Audio Cassette)
I bought this CD because it was a good price. Ugh, do I regret it. As someone with musical training, it's hard to listen the first song, "I'm a Little Teapot". The female singer is so out of tune. Fortunately, she is not the only adult singer on this recording. The kids on the recording, however, also sing poorly. I guess some people would find it cute. I only own one other recording of children's songs, Wee Sing for Baby, and I can listen to that one fine (I play it in the car for my son). My son (15 months old) seems to like Toddler Favorites, but as one other reviewer said, if you, the parent, will be listening along with your child, you may not be able to tolerate it. I've listened to samples of the Disney Children's Favorite Songs series, which has been highly recommended by Amazon reviewers, and have added those to my sons' wish list.

2.0 out of 5 stars good songs with bad singing, September 18, 2002
This review is from: Toddler Favorites (Audio CD)
The selection of songs is very good. Most are popular and great children's songs that my 2.3-year-old loves. But the singing is mediocre. What's worse is that too many songs are partly sung by children who apparently don't have a sense of tune yet, which means that too many songs were out of tune. If my son sings a song out of tune, I'd probably think it's cute. But listening to other kids sing out of tune over and over again is not fun, it's torture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must have CD...fun tunes, inexpensive, my son loves it!, June 24, 2004
This review is from: Toddler Favorites (Audio CD)
We only had Raffi's Baby Beluga (great CD), and I was needing a change...fast! After seeing the generally positive reviews for this CD, I took a chance...only 7 bucks. My 1 year old absolutely loves it. Yes, it is a little folksy, but that's one of its good points. It jazzes up all the traditional favorites. I like that its not just a cd full of kids singing, that would grate on my nerves. There are parts where kids do sing at times; its really cute and my son claps when they come on. Yes, the lead singer is not Barbra Streisand, but her voice is perfectly fine for the material, and she's silly. My son gets especially fired up for Wheels on the Bus, Where is Thumpkin and Five Little Monkeys. I played the CD at his 1st birthday party, and the other kids hearing it for the first time were loving it. Anyway, the point is, kids love this cd, I only see great, big smiles. If you're looking for an easy going fun cd with all the fav's, this is it. I give it 4 instead of 5 stars because it could be a little longer. Also, for some great unconventional kid's cd's, check out They Might Be Giants "No!" and For the Kids (Barenaked Ladies, Sarah McLachlan). If you like folksy, Ralph's World, and Dan Zanes. Enjoy.

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible singing will give your child nightmares, November 11, 2002
This review is from: Toddler Favorites (Audio CD)
I bought this for my toddler because of the great variety of songs. After trying to get through a few minutes of it, our ears hurt from the horrible off key noise they call singing. My daughter refuses to listen to it, and I can't blame her. The one song she loves that is listed on the cover (Skip to My Lou) isn't even on the tape! Do not waste your money- this is by far thee worst "music" for toddlers I have found so far!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unlistenable, August 14, 2002
This review is from: Toddler Favorites (Audio CD)
After reading several positive reviews, I bought this CD with the highest hopes of having a definitive collection of children's classics. Upon listening for the first time, my hopeful anticipation turned to disgust. The only thing this CD is a collection of is a cacophonous chorus of out of tune children and a woman trying way too hard to sound like she's having fun. The only redeeming quality of this CD is that our 15 month old enjoys playing with it and tossing it about. There may be other uses for it; however be careful not to let it anywhere near your cd player. I own over 700 cd's; this has the distinction of being the worst.
A nice alternative to this kind of music is World Playground. It has children's music from around the world, but sung by professionals. Every song has infectious beats, nice messages, and is very pleasing to everyone's ears.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gone and good riddance, August 3, 2001
"lkseattle" (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toddler Favorites (Audio CD)
Luckily my car was broken into, and the stereo - with this CD still in it - was stolen after I'd had the CD for less than a week. The CD was not a loss I mourned. I will not buy a new copy. The singing style of the featured woman is lilting-drippy-sugary-ICK! I particularly remember the rendition of "I'm a little teapot". Incredibly awful from my perspective!
I also tried the Singing Babies CD. I wouldn't buy it again either given the chance. The song list is great. My complaint is that the 'singing babies' sound like adults trying to sound like babies. They use 'cute' mispronunciations and generally high-pitched voices. Some of the songs were okay, but most were just annoying. I'll probably try to either give mine away, or sell it at consignment or a garage sale.
My recommendation is to go with the Disney records Children's Favorites. I was skeptical of these, but I read others' reviews and bought Volume 3 (there are 4 total). We listened to it this morning. Great reception from my daughter, and I enjoyed it much more than either of the two above. Over time, I will probably buy the other volumes as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Painful for Adults, April 13, 2006
This review is from: Toddler Favorites (Audio CD)
If any kid music annoys you, this CD is NOT for you. These are good old classic songs, but almost ruined with strange styles and irrelevant talking to intro the songs. I'm throwing it away. I want my two-year-old to know the songs I know and love, but this was a bad buy on my part.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre at best., October 1, 2001
This review is from: Toddler Favorites (Audio CD)
Okay, my eighteen-month-old loves it. It's her only tape, though, and the poor deprived child doesn't know better. Daddy is a musician, though, and this thing is like fingernails on a blackboard at times. I'm giving it three stars as an average - 5 from my daughter, 1 from me.
There's surely much better quality stuff out there for kids. Look elsewhere if you, the adult, will have to listen to it too. To its credit, it's not overproduced - the singing is always clear and understandable so kids can learn and sing. The background accompaniment is minimalist Casio-keyboard and an occasional acoustic guitar or flute. The woman singer is eerie-cheery in a Prozac-induced kind of way, and can carry a tune just well enough not to make people cringe at karaoke night. The gratuitous use of the kids (with "cute" speech impediments) adds no value. The woman's attempts at being silly come off as just being a doofus. But like I said, my daughter likes it. You probably won't.

Toddler Favorites
Toddler Favorites by Music for Little People (Audio CD - 1998)