Children are naturally ready to learn, and parents are eager to teach them. TODDLER PLAY was created specifically to help parents teach their children through age-appropriate play that is fun and relaxed. Based on the content of the successful Gymboree's Play & Music Programs, this book is a "recipe book" of games, finger rhymes, nursery songs, and craft exercises that parents can use to help their children develop physical, cognitive, emotional, and social skills.
Filled with fabulous color and fun photos, the book is structured chronologically to match key stages in a child's physical and intellectual development. Written with busy parents in mind, the book contains many quick-reference features, such as a skills checklist, cross-referencing of similar activities, and an index listing games by type of activity, such as art, ball games, discovery games, music and movement exploration, water play, etc. With over 100 activities any toddler will enjoy, quality playtime is just a page away.
Check out the great features of TODDLER PLAY:
- Contains over 100 toddler-tested activities for quality play time.
- Features exciting, age-appropriate activities, clearly labeled to help parents match activities with the child's abilities.
- Written for parents of children ages 1 to 3 years.
- Includes a wide variety of play activities, such as active physical games for strengthening growing muscles or quieter creative games for stimulating the imagination and fostering independence.
- Developed in consultation with the play experts at Gymboree Play & Music Programs.
- Contains a helpful glossary of key terms used in child development.