Toddy T2N Cold Brew System
|Price:||$23.90 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$12.60 (35%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Designed to brew coffee with 67-percent less acid than coffee made with hot brew methods
- Patented cold brew system uses regular coffee beans to create super smooth hot coffee, but with no electricity required
- The Toddy Cold Brew System also makes tea, served hot or cold
- Set includes brewing container with handle, glass decanter with lid, 2 reusable filters, 1 rubber stopper, set of instructions, and recipe guide
- Get more out of your coffee beans, since the coffee concentrate stays fresh for up to 3 weeks
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It is not without its minor flaws, however. It is a bit more expensive to make coffee this way. Clean up is a bit difficult. The rim of the plastic upper part could be an inch taller.
I am going to tell how I approached each of those problems, it seems to work well for me.
In using the full pound of coffee and 72 ounces of water called for (It soaks for 12 hours per instructions) the top container is filled to the very brim...water and grounds are easily spilled over the top when pressing the grounds down (again per instructions) to assure uniform wetness.
I now use about 75% of a pound of coffee and 90% of the water called for. I place a #4 basket filter over the round Toddy filter to make for a better flow at the end of the process. I leave it all for about 30 hours and it is at least as strong as that obtained by following the instructions provided. Remember...this is not an exact science! I get more cups of coffee per pound this way and also have much easier clean up and less mess in the making. With the coffee and water mixture about an inch below the top of the container, one simply does not make the spills normally encountered.
When done, I let the concentrate run into the carafe per instructions, but then press the outsides of the grounds and then the center to get all the concentrate out...I do this twice. A surprising amount of extra concentrate is saved in this fashion. I then remove the carafe, place a plastic bag over the top of upper unit and invert it into the bag.Read more ›
1. You don't have to use 16 oz of coffee to make great tasting cold brew. Fresh dark roast beans do make a difference. I tried pre-ground from a bag and it was so-so, pre-ground from a can had no taste at all.
2. Anything less than 12 oz will cause the lower glass container to overflow when you drain the upper plastic "brew" container.
3. Simply put in 12 to 16 oz of ground coffee like this:
a. 2 cups water before you put in any coffee
b. 6 - 8 oz ground coffee
c. 3 cups water slowly all around the ground coffee
d. 6 - 8 oz ground coffee
e. fill slowly to the top making sure to cover all of the grounds.
4. No mater how much coffee you use, anything between 12 and 16 oz, you will almost always have to tap on the top of the grounds with a spoon. This cause the water to rise and soak the dry spots in the grounds. It is helpful to do your tapping before you fill the Toddy to the top. DO NOT STIR the grounds this will clog the filter. You can slowly lower a spoon into the grounds, with the flat of the spoon, and slowly pull up, but do not stir.
5. You can put in a regular industrial size coffee filter along with the regular Toddy sponge like filter to ease clean up, but it does create more compostable waste. Regular coffee filters are too small.
6. I used to reuse the grounds immediately, by putting the coffee solution in another container and then adding water to the already wet grounds, with the plug in of course. Then I waited 12 more hours and doubled my yield. I no longer do this because it made too much coffee and it just sat in the fridge for too long.
7.Read more ›
Let me explain: I can't call myself a coffee addict, but I really enjoy a good cup of coffee. Unfortunately, I'm a little let down when I walk into a cafe, smell the rich aroma, then taste a cup of coffee that's either weak, bitter or just too strong. The smell doesn't match the taste, and that's a bummer.
With the Toddy system however, even though I don't get the rich smell of fresh-brewed coffee in the morning, I do get a taste that reminds me of that smell, and that's far more important. Better still, my girlfriend can make her coffee weaker than mine by simply adding less concentrate. Cups of coffee tailored specifically to your taste!
I've tried espresso makers, french press, auto drip and even (dare I say it) instant coffee, and french press is the only type that comes close to the rich flavor. But that said, as I get older (early thirties) acid content becomes a bigger issue for me, and the relatively low acid content in a cup from the Toddy system is more and more appealing.
Now, as much as I like the system I do have a couple of gripes. First, I wish the brewing process was a little more intuitive since it's time consuming and messy. I brewed my coffee almost a week ago, and I'm still finding grounds hidden here and there. Hence, I wish the brew portion into which the grounds go had a lid.
Second, though it's easy to figure out through trial and error, a chart in the manual with more detail info on ratios, coffee types and strengths would be helpful. For example, I used Eight O'Clock coffee (I know, it's not designer coffee, but it tastes pretty good) which isn't quite as full-flavored a roast as some other coffees. Hence, I find I need to add more concentrate to water.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I only drink Hot Cold Brewed coffee, so this was a perfect purchase for me. I had been paying up to 8.00 for 12 oz. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Wellred_2
I was quite skeptical on this method of coffee making. But it produces a wonderful flavor and it's so simple to doPublished 9 days ago by Janet Norman
I bought this for someone that suffered with bladder cancer. The reduced acid was a miracle for them.Published 15 days ago by Thomas Kirkman
Easy to use, easy to clean, perfect smooth strong cup of cold brew concentrate without the bitterness. Even using cheaper coffee beans, coffee turns out great! Read morePublished 16 days ago by CT
Cold brew is sooo good!! So smooth! Add some milk and your favorite flavoring and there is nothing more refreshing!!Published 18 days ago by crag