5.0 out of 5 stars Sizing info as listed on the ToeSox Website
I read many reviews before buying a pair of ToeSox. The only reason I am writing this is because I noticed a lot of people had questions about sizing. I found the sizing information on the ToeSox website and have listed the ToeSox sizing (according to the webpage):

Women
XXS - Child
XS - 3-5.5
S - 6-8
M - 8.5-10.5
L - 11-13...
Published on February 24, 2009 by Kris

2.0 out of 5 stars A number of improvements needed. but just ok.
numbered not in order of importance.

1) they shrink more than little if you wash them alot in warm water...this is especially a problem when it comes to putting on "your toes".
2) the cotton is too thin for me and most good organic cotton socks like some of the Maggies line and it seems like it thins and fades too fast after use....more dense soft treated...
Published on July 11, 2008 by Mr. Ari Arom

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best socks ever, February 10, 2007
This review is from: ToeSox Full Toe with Grip Yoga/Pilates Toe Socks (Apparel)
I love these socks. Great for a group setting for hygenic reasons and they really keep you from not slipping. Very sticky bottoms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for Pilates, very good for non-vinyasa yoga, October 30, 2007
Patricia Brune (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ToeSox Full Toe with Grip Yoga/Pilates Toe Socks (Apparel)
I love these socks! They fit well and are not bulky between the toes. I tried them out primarily for the Pilates studio, and there they excel in keeping my feet warm and clean, while providing a comfort barrier between heels or balls of the feet and the reformer footbar. I also appreciate the non-stick soles and the mental comfort level from having my less than attractive feet covered up yet fully accessible for Pilates.

I do not recommend these for vinyasa yoga, I tried and my feet slid somewhat backward out of the socks while moving in and out of Down Dog. However, they are perfect for seated and prone yoga, inversions or to pull on for Savasana and/or meditation. The light layer keeps the feet warm, hence providing a warming, calming effect for the entire body. Separating the toes is a yogic principle anyway, and while doing meditative or long holding, non-flow asana, the individually wrapped toes help you achieve this goal.

I've recently tried them for my fusion Pilates, ballet inspired and Yoga Booty Ballet videos (light impact, barefoot dancing) with success, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE Them!, January 7, 2008
S. Dudek (Troy, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Awesome! I teach yoga and often am off my mat to better show a form. They are perfect for the gym setting, keeping my feet warm and CLEAN. Grippers fit perfect so I don't slide in Strength poses, as well as helps when feet get sweaty and slippery.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very sticky but they hurt my toes, December 11, 2007
I like the socks, they work very well for holding your feet in place. I however had trouble with the spaces between my toes. When doing standing stretches like triangle pose or warrior pose the stitching between the toes would dig in and cause pain. I use them now for my hands instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, October 27, 2007
Your feet definitely won't slip. It feels a little weird in between your toes at first, but you quickly forget you're wearing them. Great for keeping your feet from slipping when doing the foot workout.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, but not durable, June 23, 2011
This review is from: ToeSox Full Toe with Grip Yoga/Pilates Toe Socks (Apparel)
On average, I practice yoga once or twice a day and am also a certified instructor. In my personal practice, I do a mix of Forrest, vinyasa flow, Ashtanga, Anusara, Jivamukti, Baptiste, and hot.

DURABILITY: As a few other reviewers have mentioned, the primary drawback of these socks is that the rubber nubs on the big toe, heel, and ball of the foot began to rub off within 3 or 4 classes in which I jumped or floated back into plank / chaturanga.

Even after the disintegration of many of the rubber nubs, the socks generally provide enough traction, but I'm still looking for a sock that will last longer.

PRICE: Given the lack of durability, these are priced a little high.

SIZING: Someone recommended to me that I get these socks in one size larger than ToeSox's official sizing, and one size up fits perfectly.

COMFORT: I have not experienced discomfort from the fabric cutting into the webbing between my toes; however, everyone's feet are different, so your mileage may vary.

3.0 out of 5 stars Teacher perspective of using Toe Sox, March 29, 2010
As a Yoga Teacher you must move around the room to assist students with their asanas. Thus, is doesn't make sense to use a mat since you'd be off it most of the time. However, if you are working in a carpeted area, when demonstating asanas without a mat you could injure yourself if you slide or slip.
Therefore, I decided to purchase the Toe Sox for two reasons:
One, so I wasn't walking around in my bare feet and two since they have grippers on the bottom this would alleviate the slipping issue.
Protection my feet was good but the only real issue with the Toe Sox is, since my pinky toes are on the short side my pinky toe comes out when demonstrating various asanas. However, the Toe Sox works well when you just doing more static asanas, such as Downdog.
For the most part it does the job but is not ideal and why I rated it 3 stars. Amazon's price was as good as the original [...] site.
Namaste
Yogadad

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, comfy, and grippy, March 21, 2009
J. Muench (NY United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: ToeSox Full Toe with Grip Yoga/Pilates Toe Socks (Apparel)
Wanted grippy toe socks for yoga (spread those toes!) and to not slip when I got a little sweaty. So far so good. I got the tan ones in medium (I wear ladies 9.5). They are on the thin side but they feel nice, rather silky like with the organic cotton. The little grippy nubs cover the entire bottom of the foot and even up around the heel a little bit; only thing strange is the nubbies only go up halfway each toe. For example, on looking at each toe, the nubs go up as far as where the toe kinda curls, so the padded part of the toe has no nubbies on it. This hasn't seemed to be a problem yet, but it made me wonder why only half of the toe was grippy. See my photo for all the sizing and washing info. I air dry mine after washing; maybe the nubs will last longer that way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Socks, May 21, 2008
Specialist (Somewhere in Iraq) - See all my reviews
These socks are perfect to do yoga and what not, but once I got them all I did was use them around the house. They are perfect lounging socks. They don't slip off your feet they don't feel uncomfortable they almost feel as if they aren't there. I love these. Perfect. Just make sure you have the right size.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these socks!!!, March 12, 2008
This review is from: ToeSox Full Toe with Grip Yoga/Pilates Toe Socks (Apparel)
These socks are great for yoga, pilates, and just walking around the house (especially if you have slippery floors and stairs). Having socks on in the house usually drives me crazy. As soon as the shoes go off, the socks go off. These "toe" socks are different. They allow freedom of movement of all 10 digits and the gripper bottom provides better stability on all surfaces. My worry was that the toes would wear out quickly. But so far, I've worn and washed my two pair for months with no problem! They are great!

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›