Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 31, 2011
I heard about this book from a friend and decided to give it a try. I really found the characters fun, I actually really enjoyed alot of the secondary characters - particularly Mrs. Dorn... she cracked me up. Anyway, even though I haven't read the first books in the series, it was easy to follow and was entertaining. I found the conversations between Dani and Troy amusing and the heat really turned up when they finally met when she was older. But, most of all, I really liked the pictures this author painted in my head, of all the scenes where the story took place - definitely had an "English" flavor to it.
on June 15, 2011
Together Again is the fourth in The Vicarage Bench series by Mimi Barbour. And I got to tell you, I loved this book. The chemistry - the magic. I've never read anything like it. Dani travels through time and invades Troy's body. Now Troy can't see Dani, and Dani can only see Troy through his eyes. It's hilarious after she invades his body how he tries to protect her virtue. But what develops between these two is a powerful spiritual connection - a deep love. And frankly, what this author pulled off truly amazes me.

Dani nurtures a love for Troy. And her antics And Troy even when tempted by a raving beauty remains faithful to his love for Dani. To go into any detail would spoil this wonderful read, which I won't do. The Vicarage Bench is funny, romantic and filled with heartbreak and sexy tension. A must read, which I highly recommend - and you won't be disappointed.
on July 10, 2011
This is a fabulous story full of magic, love and laughter. By the end of it I was totally swept away into the lives of Dani and Troy, rooting for them to figure out how to be together, despite the obstacles that kept popping up. In particular their own emotional baggage which I felt was very well done and realistic to an actual couple.

Anyone looking for a great romance with a touch of magic, this is the book for you!
on October 2, 2011
This book wasn't what I expected. It's set in the sixties from which 16...almost 17 year old Dani travels 10 years into the future. Her body doesn't go with her and her spirit spends a couple of weeks sharing the body of a grown man--a reporter. Not your typical romance. More sci fi. But, I read on...

Because Dani's comatose body was left in her own time, the author had to account for the time Dani's spirit was out of her body. So, much of the first half of the book is told from the uncle and housekeeper's POV. Again, not what I'm used to.

I have to admit, by this point, I wasn't sure I was going to like this book. I had expected a time-travel romance. This didn't seem like a romance at all. It was more of a melding of the minds--kind of Vulcan, if you're an old Star Trek fan. But, I read on...

The antics of Mrs. Dorn amused me. The uncle was endearing. And all the interaction between Troy and Dani was internal...mental. I felt a bit disappointed this wasn't a romance, but I was still intrigued. I read on...

And fell in love with Dani and Troy. Their early romance is based entirely on compatibility, beliefs, and personality. The two characters truly connect on a spiritual level.Despite her youth and the age difference, Troy understands Dani the way every woman wants to be understood. She can see him through his own eyes when he looks into the mirror. But he can't see her.

She shares her secret and the reason she escaped her own body, but she never describes herself or tells Troy a startling truth she learns soon after binding her spirit to his....her spirit traveled 10 years into the future, and the woman--ten years older than her current self, whom Troy came to England to interview--is actually her future self.

Oh yeah, I was reading now.

Before Dani returns to her own body, she makes Troy promise not to attempt contacting her until the next week--when she turns 17. He thinks it's the age difference and agrees to come to her birthday party in one week. He's in love, but he can wait a week. But for Dani, it's a 10 year wait.

The second half of the book is about Dani & Troy reuniting--being together again. And it reads more like a romance with the conflict, angst, and passion any romance reader expects. I was totally blown away by how quickly I read the second half of this book, devouring every word, trying to get to the end so I could see how Ms. Barbour resolved the conflict.

Troy had fallen in love with Dani without ever seeing her. But Dani had seen Troy and in 10 years when her body reached the point in time where her spirit linked with his for those few weeks, he hasn't aged a day. But she's all grown up. Not only has he never seen her face, but his spirit doesn't recognize hers. And she's jealous of the love he still feels for her 17 year-old self.

Will true love find it's way? Or will the secrets Dani kept prevent them from finding their happily ever after?

It was only after I finished reading this intriguing tale that I realized why it struck a cord with me. The story reminded me of the story of Eros and Psyche in Greek mythology. Psyche fell in love with Eros without seeing his face. Despite her undying love, self-doubt and fear tore at her faith, nearly destroying their love.

Ms. Barbour employees many of these same elements to weave a fantastical story that truly surprises.
on September 1, 2014
This is an engaging story with a little twist. The characters are well-developed, and spelling/punctuation errors are at a minimum, thankfully.

Somehow, none of the other reviewers seem to have noticed and commented on the one included graphically-described sexual encounter, so, for the benefit of potential readers who wish to avoid such things, I am doing so. It certainly wasn't hinted at in the book's description, which would have been appreciated, and its inclusion was certainly unexpected in a book which is part of a series entitled "The Vicarage Bench"! I guess that's what I get for reading series books out of order. :P

Also, for some reason, I originally thought Ellie Ward was a famous children's book writer, but later in the book, I realized she became wealthy writing "steamy" romances, instead (which certainly fits with the obligatory voyeuristic sex scene, however). The latter seems a bit unrealistic for someone who is under 30, to me...as does her considering Troy, a serious journalist, her writing mentor, in light of this particular career direction.
on December 7, 2012
Really Really enjoyed this Book. Fantastic Romance book.
Amazing story line, found it hard to leave the book, Couldn't wait to read next Series
Wow love this Book. Keeps you on your toes, can't wait to see what's next.
Really enjoyed it recommed to you all....
on June 25, 2016
Dr. Andrew's almost 17 year old niece Dani Howard pricks her finger on one of the magical rose thorns to go forward in time to temporarily escape a little problem-in 1968. While in 1978 American journalist Troy is to get a scoop from famous author Ellie Ward when he pricks his finger on a rose.. Dani';s mind goes into Troy's body but the adventure is just beginning
Such a fun book, with so much humor, yet sadness as two people try to find each other again, to reunite after finding such closeness the first time. For Troy only a few weeks take place, as he falls in love, and swears to stay in love with his young spirit invader. But she must wait years to catch up to him. Will he recognize her? Will he still love her older self?

This is a marvelous time-travel romance, well written and enjoyable. I recommend it highly.
on May 17, 2013
Just finished this book, you need to read all the books in order to get the full effect of the rose`s and the consequences. There were moments I wanted to spank the 16 year old for her behavior. But I kept on going and no she really didn't deserve a spanking. This is a book of love conquers all even time. I enjoyed the book thoroughly; it is a book that I would call a "feel good book". Great job Mimi!
on May 4, 2015
A story that will enchant and make you wish for a love that lasts through the ages. A young girl who has pricked her finger on roses that grow in her Uncles flower garden, sends her on a journey forward in time ten years. Her spirit lands her in the body of a 30 year old journalist who has arrived in England to pursue a story. Their 2 week adventure together, unfolds from this point.