Together (US Version)
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$10.00 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on October 14, 2012
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
Jonathan and Charlotte came in second place on the 2012 season of Britain's Got Talent. The audition video is amazing (available on YouTube). Simon initially panned them, until he heard those voices. He then told Jonathan he should drop Charlotte, Jonathan disagreed. After coming in second, Simon signed them for a million british pounds (about 1.6 million USD). I don't know which was more amazing Simon signing them or actually admitting he was wrong. Either way, while their story is amazing, the truly incredible thing about this album is their talent. Ave Maria is the best rendition I've ever heard. The entire album is an incredible mix of Jonathans powerful operatic tone and Charlotte's sweet pop vocals. It's a mix that's better than... well pretty much anything. Buy it, get a copy for your friends, get another copy for your family... Can you tell I'm a big fan?
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 16, 2012
Format: Audio CD
If you have never heard Jonathan and Charlotte sing you are in for the treat of a lifetime when you do. First of all Jonathan has to be the greatest tenor of all time, and I say that with my fulllest convition, but paired together with his friend Charlotte, a singing sensation in her own right, the pair will literally blow your socks off. Add to that the fact that ages of this pair is only 17 and you have a treat that will thrill you for ages. Their combination of pop and opera may seem odd, but once you hear it you will be hooked just a millions of fans all over the world have become. I cannot praise this pair highly enough. If you only buy one CD this year, this should be the one.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 16, 2012
Format: Audio CD
Jonathan and Charlotte are two of the nicest, most talented and deserving singers you can imagine. Jonathan has been blessed with one of the most amazing tenor voices I have ever heard, and Charlotte has a clear, soulful soprano that perfectly compliments the power and beauty of Jonathan's once-in-a-lifetime voice. The producers did an amazing job of choosing songs appropriate to their talent and youth, and while capturing their operatic skills, never sounds "wrong" for such young singers (they're 17) in their debut album. I have been playing this constantly since I bought it. Fortunately the dogs and cats don't mine, and even though it isn't necessarily my partner's style, she has said repeatedly how beautiful it is. You won't regret this purchase. Listen to :Unintended" on YouTube, as well as their auditions, if you have any questions about whether you should purchase. this album.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 18, 2012
Format: Audio CD
If you haven't watched their Britain's Got Talent audition on You Tube yet, please do so now. I'll wait for you. Make sure you watch the semi-finals and the finals too.

Now that you've got a preview of what is to come, IMO Jonathan and Charlotte are vocal prodigies by any standard you may wish to apply. In just a few short months, they have created an epic treat for the world to enjoy. They took a random chance on what amounts to a talent show. The curmudgeon otherwise known as Simon Cowell took a look and didn't have anything kind to say, until they opened up and sang. Then, the world stood still for a moment. The audience was in shock. Their mouths dropped wide open, their eyes belied the surprise in their hearts. These unassuming young people took the world by complete surprise. The audience got to their feet, they could not help it. Tears came to their eyes. They applauded and they cried.

I've watched that same audition video a hundred times, and I cry EVERY time I watch it.

After joining the standing ovation, Simon's first words were "Oh my god." No one gets a reaction like that from Simon Cowell. Later he said, "Jonathan, you are a future star." Well folks, the future is now. Jonathan IS a star, and so is Charlotte, who was initially dismissed by Cowell.

I find myself wishing I had known a woman like Charlotte Jaconelli when I was that age. What an amazing friend she is. She has really stepped up to the challenge as well. She started out really good, and she has become even better. These two young people are a gift to each other. The magic in this friendship clearly lies in the good hearted nature they share and show to the world. The duet is essential to the magic in this album. If only everyone could have friendships like this one.

Let me just say that I am biased. I identify with Jonathan in a lot of ways, except in my case I didn't do anything with the talent I had. Then again, when I was young, we didn't have the Internet, TV talent shows, iTunes, Amazon, or even MTV. And I wasn't nearly as good as this young man. Is this a Cinderella story? Yes. And I am privileged to be witness to it. I am tremendously happy for these young people, and wish them every success in the world. I pre-ordered the UK version some months ago, so I've been listening to this for a couple weeks now. I still can't decide what my favorite song is. All of the ten songs are equally strong.

Of course The Prayer is here, with Only Boys Aloud backing them up. Caruso will make you wonder if Bocelli put out a new version. Vero Amore is a "crossover" version of Elton John's Your Song, sung in Italian. It is beautiful, even if I can't understand a word of it. I like this version of Ave Maria better than Pavarotti's rendition. Yeah, I'm not kidding, Pavarotti has nothing on Jonathan. Forse is a curious redux of Muse's Unintended, and honestly I think J&C have done that song more justice than Muse did. Il Mondo e Nostro is a "crossover" version of Take That's "Rule the World." I like both versions but for different reasons (and they really are two totally different songs.) Canto della terra is another Bocelli cover, which is done with just as much majesty as the original (and it really begs for a duet with Jonathan and Andrea!!)

Ognuno Soffre is a crossover version of REM's "Everybody Hurts" - Jonathan and Charlotte again turn this into a completely different song sung in Italian. Chi Mai Vivra Per Sempre is a crossover version of Queen's "Who Wants to Live Forever". If you watch the old Queen video, Freddy Mercury makes it epic and grand, but Jonathan and Charlotte make it pretty, melancholy, and graceful. Finally, La Prima Volta is a crossover version of "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face", probably most famously covered by Roberta Flack. J&C do every bit of justice to the song, making it just as delicate and loving in Italian.

Listen to the last notes in The Prayer and Forse. That is an industrial strength voice. And he's 17.

This is one of the few reviews I've ever put on Amazon, but I think this highly of the album and of the two people who made it. If you're looking for something new, something different, something wonderful with magic in it, give this a shot. It gets 5 huge stars from me.

rm
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 3, 2012
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
As were millions, I was unexpectedly blown out the window with shock, amazement and pure JOY when the shy, fat kid who looked like he had just walked off the street onto the Britain's Got Talent stage first opened his mouth to sing his gift to the world. Tears and sobbing are involuntary responses for many who hear Jonathan's astounding gift - no matter how many times you replay and savor the overwhelming JOY of his talent once again.

I seriously believe that Jonathan may be holding the most perfect and powerful singing gift in human history. The fact that he is only 17 and sings clearly better than the greatest and most talented tenors on the planet - living or dead - is nothing short of miraculous. I tear up just writing about Jonathan and what he has given and will give to the world.

Regarding the first CD, I must reluctantly echo the reviewers expressing disappointment that Jonathan's mega talent was unfortunately watered down and diluted in the CD production. Although the CD is very good and even wonderful in places, the BGT videos are way more powerful and exciting. All Jonathan fans will want to get the CD anyway, but after only a couple of listens, I find myself feeling frustrated when the orchestra is way too loud, and the choir (completely unnecessary and even annoying) is drowning out the main attraction. The orchestra is too "full" and loud most of the time on the CD. The musical accompaniment should have been quite minimal to focus the listener's ears and attention on the main event.

Charlotte has a very beautiful, sweet voice and is very pleasant to listen to. She is very talented. With the right breaks she could (will probably) have a successful career of her own. Simon's first impression, however, was spot on. She would have to be a Sarah Brightman right now to fully complement Jonathan's voice (a tall order even for Sarah Brightman). Charlotte certainly has the capacity to develop into a Sarah Brightman class singer eventually, but Charlotte's voice right now has a sweet nuance and tenderness of youth. That's not bad, but somewhat out of sync with Jonathan's amazingly fully mature, how-could-it-be-more-perfect gift. Their music together is very wonderful anyway, and part of me feels like a jerk for being so precise comparing Jonathan and Charlotte in my review.

To be brutally honest (Simon's trademark), Charlotte's greatest contribution (so far) is to be the wonderfully kind and loving catalyst to give Jonathan the confidence and support he needed to walk out on that BGT stage and unleash his immeasurable gift to humanity. I deeply thank Charlotte for being the "wonderful person" she is (Jonathan's words). Jonathan told us that were it not for Charlotte, we would all still be waiting to discover him.

So thank you, Charlotte, for being who you are and for bringing us Jonathan. For that gift alone, you deserve every wonderful success in your life and in your own singing career - with Jonathan and on your own. And I am sure you will continue to support Jonathan to fully develop and share his gift as time goes on.

The next step has to be a production designed and tailored to showcase all that Jonathan has to offer. A creatively and carefully orchestrated digital concert of Jonathan's talent should be even more impressive than the BGT performances. We can look forward to his next effort. (Astoundingly it looks like no effort at all when Jonathan sings - not even breaking a sweat.)

CONSOLATION PRIZE: Here is a gift you can give yourself. Download the BGT videos from YouTube in mp4 format. (Firefox with YouTubeEnhancer is what I used.) Burn them to a CD or DVD. Play them on your big screen TV and sound system. You will be very pleased if you have only watched the videos on a computer. You can thank me later. This is the best way to maximize your Jonathan experience right now - until his next performances are available.
1616 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 15, 2012
Format: Audio CD
I want to add something to the discussion about Jonathan and Charlotte being paired. Jonathan has an incredible opera voice, while most people consider Charlotte "pop." In fact, I bought the record from itunes and it was listed under "pop" music. One musician and critic on this site corrected those calling Jonathan a tenor, saying he is bass/baritone. When, in recent history, has anyone inspired the general public to care about the difference? It matters because of Charlotte. Jonathan can leave Charlotte and pursue a career in the opera arena where he will no doubt become famous, existing among the rest of the opera gods, but with Charlotte, the pair invites a musical conversation between youth and tradition. It's an opportunity we shouldn't pass on. Charlotte takes the present back through time, meeting our mythical Western heritage in the guise of an enigmatic actor somewhere on a stage in Vienna. It's really beautiful and better than sheer nostalgia. They're young and will grow. There's a tough road ahead but it's a cool story and worth the anticipatory reverence for music and its power to move the masses.

There is one BIG problem with the CD: what the heck with the back up singers? Jonathan is a once in a lifetime experience; the choir in the background is a crisis! I don't see how this wasn't OBVIOUS to the producers. The pair are pure together so keep it simple, please. Go minimal.

In the event Jonathan and Charlotte have a moment to read some of these comments, I'd like to direct my thoughts to them.

Dear Jonathan,
Feel free to be an a!@#$hole because there's no charity in the judgment of your voice. You are simply gifted; that's it. We are at your mercy. But, PLEEEZE know that the teasing you suffered as a young child/young man does not escape us, even as you ascend to your rightful place. You remind many of us of what potentially could have been lost if cruelty had won the day. Your success is not simply based on your overcoming abuse; it also happened despite the abuse. Violence had no hand in bringing you to the stage; it wasn't the motivating force; it did not inform your determination and it gets NO credit. Charlotte loved you and that's why we dodged the "bullet" that would have robbed us of a 21st century master. Many of us know that this is where the gratitude belongs; it wasn't an accident and it's not one of those "against the odds" stories. Charlotte is the one who acted to let the world know what it was missing, and she did it knowing people would compare her voice to yours and say some of the meaner things that have been said since this started. Though suffering might have informed your passion, your road was unnecessarily difficult. I pray that your fame and success go smoothly and that you find the acceptance and kindness that you were denied before. Most importantly, I hope your bond with Charlotte remains strong, whatever circumstances or wherever you find yourselves. Your voices inspire us but it is your genuine ability to value each other, whether or not you conform to standards of beauty or greatness, that really makes your story potentially legend.

To everyone else,
BUY the CD, if for nothing else, so that it's clear that the buying public wants to hear more. You'll want to hear this and start a collection.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 20, 2012
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
Jonathan Antoine (17) and Charlotte Jaconelli (now 17) are a classical duo who finished as runners up in Britain's Got Talent in 2012. Jonathan has the best male voice, technically a Heldentenor, that I have heard for decades. This is incredible for his age. Charlotte has a very good voice too, but the combination of their voices is nothing short of magical.

Many people found their original audition quite moving and watch it over and over. The UK video can be seen at [link removed search Youtube for Jonathan and Charlotte] and has 23 million hits at the time of writing. The semi-final video [search Youtube] shows them singing "Caruso" written by Dalla in 1986.

In the final they sing "The Prayer" [search Youtube - final] losing out to the winners, dog act Ashleigh and Pudsey. It doesn't matter: Simon Cowell signed them up for £1 million and the first result is this CD.

You can see something of their background and what led up to BGT in the Daily Telegraph article [google Telegraph Jonathan and Charlotte May 12] There are two excellent videos of them performing at The Sun - google "Jonathan and Charlotte perform for The Biz Sessions."

I got their autographed CD "Together" from England when it first came out (and ordered another from Amazon here). If you thought their voices good on Youtube you will be blown away by them on the CD with a good sound system. The dramatic operatic treatment of classical and new songs is amazing. Charlotte has improved greatly in the short time since they sprang to fame. She demonstrates a purity of tone like crystal, almost like a boy treble, on Ave Maria and now a beautiful full richness in the lower registers.

I have never heard a tenor sing with such power and spine tingling emotion as Jonathan does for Canto Della Terra. What is remarkable is that every track is wonderful unlike most CDs. I have never had more pleasure from music or been emotionally moved as much by music as these two do.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Format: Audio CD
I purchased this CD from AMAZON UK when it became available several weeks ago. I do believe I play it every day, and sometimes several times a day. Their voices are clear, crisp, unique, passionate, and uplifting. Buy several - for yourself and for stocking stuffers. You'll be thanked like never before!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 17, 2013
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
Jonathan & Charlotte need to "DUMP" Simon Cowell SYCOmusic. The recording quality of this cd is horrendous OMG! I was so disappointed when listening to this cd, someone took these two awesome and talented singers and completely commercialized and took away their uniqueness. Jonathan sounds like he is in another room down the hall and he does not even sound like the singer we all fell in love with, were did his uniqueness go. The Music and the background singers overpower both of their voices, and there is nothing special about this cd. Jonathan & Charlotte we want to her YOUR original voices and style, that is what we fell in love with, stop listening to these people who are telling you how to sing and what to sing. Charlotte has one of the most beautiful voices I have heard in a long time. I hope their next cd is produced by someone else. Charlotte, Simon Cowell judges people by there looks! find someone else with a little character to produce your beautiful talent.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
I was so excited about the new album but when I got it I was disappointed. Johnathan & Charlotte both have fantastic voices, but the quality of the transfer to the CD was very poor. I hope in the future, they get a chance to work with a real record company that will do them justice.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...