Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 1, 2012
I give this CD 5 stars not just for the beautiful voices but also for Jonathan's Loyalty. I was moved by his BGT performance and was upset with Simon for putting them down; however, Simon was right. She is good but Jonathan is amazing. Don't get me wrong, she is very good but they have different styles. Some people may like the combination of voices. She can also go solo, as she is also very talented or they can stay together, as long as they keep singing we will all be blessed with such amazing talent.

The CD is very, very good, excellent, but Jonathan needs to be on his own. His voice was toned down. Jonathan is God's gift to his generation. He should not be robbed of his talent. Jonathan's voice is just so powerful; it will be hard to get him a comparable female voice; probably Joanna Marie, if I remember her name right, from one of his high schools videos in YouTube. I do like Charlotte. She is an excellent singer and has an excellent voice. It's just that singing next to Jonathan, Charlotte's talent is eclipsed as he is a Megastar with a Mega-voice. His voice is like a Supernova. Jonathan is the "Tenor of the Century".

I am glad that Jonathan and Charlotte were able to do this CD as the world will now know about them. We must remember that they are only 17 years old. The whole World is waiting for them, together or solo. He has just such an amazing voice that he can stand on his own and make an auditorium shake. In their BGT audition, when he sung, you could feel the power in his voice like he was bringing down the place and the whole ceiling was going to collapse. I have to admit that it brought tears to my eyes and every time that I see it, I still get that amazing feeling. Yes, that's how magnificent he is. She is good too. She can go on to Broadway or do musical theater and Jonathan can do opera. His voice moves me and that is something that does not happen to me as I'm not sentimental or emotional. Jonathan can sing very difficult pieces and makes it look so easy, like we could also do it. He does not even break a sweat.

The most wonderful thing is that Jonathan does not have only an amazing voice, but he also has a beautiful soul and stood by his friend, and it's not the other way around like most people think. I hope that he has built up his confidence to go onto the World stage alone. He has such an amazing voice, so much power, the tone, even when he sings the slow mellow parts. I love everything about his voice. I'm buying more CDs for my friends and I hope that one day he has a CD alone and best of all a World tour. I bought two CDs and I already gave them away to my best friends as I had to share it. I copy it to my phone while I get more copies. I should have ordered more.

Excellent CD, love it, love Jonathan and I love Charlotte too; and I love Jonathan's loyalty. The song selection is excellent. The Caruso rendition and the Ave Maria are superb. Their version of Forse is better than the original. I hope someday Jonathan signs opera in some major World stage. I can't say enough, I love the CD, I love Charlotte and I love Jonathan. Did I mentioned that I Love Jonathan. I read some reviews saying something about the orchestra drowning his voice. I don't really care; I want to hear Jonathan with or without an orchestra. You don't have to agree with me. I highly recommend the CD, unless you want to keep listening to them in YouTube.

I bought from Amazon for many years and have never left a review, that's how impress I am with Jonathan and Charlotte.
on December 16, 2012
The album is pretty bad, but not because of the singers or the selections. Like Susan Boyle, bad mixing and bad orchestral arrangements have been visited upon the pair. That isn't necessarily the kiss of death, because most fans seem deaf to those sins. If the hype is strong enough, J&C may go on to make millions, regardless of technical flaws during the recording process. Along with Simon Cowell, of course, who seems to have no musical taste. They deserve success, he doesn't.
PS I still like listening to them-( more so on youtube.com)
Being a Engineer/PhD, The recording Engineers job is to make the performers stand out.not create noise like on this recording.. go to YOUTUBE for better music and sound with these two.---Also remember you can never get true musical notes or overtones on a CD "DIGITAL SIGNAL" WHICH goes from zero to one only, you can perturbate the CD wave form a hundred million times and never produce a true musical note. But luckily the human ear can filter out the problems with CD recordings Also musical notes must have overtones an harmonics found on tapes an vinyl records to be called HIGH FIDELITY which is impossible on a CD- (Chuck)
on November 26, 2012
I was so excited about the new album but when I got it I was disappointed. Johnathan & Charlotte both have fantastic voices, but the quality of the transfer to the CD was very poor. I hope in the future, they get a chance to work with a real record company that will do them justice.
on January 26, 2013
It is a shame that these two talented young singers were not allowed to sound more like themselves on this album. Each track is typically overly instrumental with a heavy layer of production that robs the singers of their best asset; their sound! The end result is a cheesy, cheap sounding album that totally takes away from the singers. Shame, they are pretty good!
on May 6, 2013
Even though I live in the USA, I follow BGT religiously (and I don't bother with the US version). I was in awe of the amazing talent of Jonathan and Charlotte as they revealed their talent to Britain and the world. I rushed to purchase this, their debut album, which came with a free MP3 delivered to my Kindle Fire. What a great deal!

The album contains The Prayer, from the audition and final, and Caruso, from the semi-finals. The rest of the songs are mainly pop songs translated into Italian. This can be a little confusing at first...is that Elton John's, "Your Song"??

Jonathan's voice is even better than you heard him before. Charlotte is a revelation; her voice has come a long way. I expect Jonathan to become a star in the opera world and Charlotte to be a star in musical theater - I kept wanting her to do Phantom of the Opera. And I would love them to come back to together every year or two to record another album.

This CD is not perfect, I am sorry to say. The arrangements are often so over-the-top that I began laughing. The J&C version of Muse's "Unintended" probably fared best because the music is so understated. I still give the CD 5 stars because even awful arrangements can't keep J&C's talent down.
on May 12, 2013
I won't add to what everyone else has said--I've also been following them since 'discovering' them on BGT only about a month ago. The power, sympathy, and pure pitch perfection (to my 'amateur' ear) of their voices is just incredible--and incredibly moving. I'm a 57 year-old career military officer and my only contribution is this--there needs to be a safety warning on this CD that you shouldn't play it while driving.

At least, I can't, but I've only listened to them about 100 times or so. Maybe when I get up to 5,000 it'll be ok.
on October 30, 2012
Don't listen to those that say that they can't hear just Jonathan - this is a CD by a singing DUO, not a solo project. The music, arrangements, and song selections are superb. The voices are out of this world! The young man dubbed "The British Pavarotti" and his singing partner, Charlotte, are truly coming into their own on this debut effort. Their voices soar on the classics Canto Della Tera, Ave Maria, and Caruso and the covers of more modern songs like Muse's UnIntended and Take That's Rule the World show the teens growth as vocal artists. The only slight disappointment I have - there were only 10 songs on the album. Looking forward to the pair's future releases and performances!
on October 27, 2012
I just keep listening over and over. I haven't been able to pick a favorite, yet. Each track is as good as the next. Worth the price and more. I am glad I didn't wait for the US version. For those who don't know these two teens, check out the video on Youtube where they appeared on Britain's got talent.
on January 12, 2013
I loved it but I came here to write a review to blast the mixing. The first track, "The Prayer", was butchered by the mixing team. Why would anyone think it was OK to drown out the two people that make this album. Why drown out Charlotte in one of the best parts of the track. Really?

Simon, take the thing back to the studio and have a different team of artists remix this. Unreal that anyone would let this fly out the door.
on October 18, 2012
To do this Cd of Jonathan and Charlotte Justice; First have a look at their YouTube Video of their appearance on Britain got Talent.
Then you will understand what a Gift this Young Couple has Receive and in return, Given the World a once in a LIfeTime experience. Also it is Hard to Believe that both of them are just 17 years old. This Cd has NO bad tracks and it is not a "TWEEN" type Songs. The Songs are a treat. So go Get one or Two.