5.0 out of 5 stars Tokyo Milk DOES rock!!!
Published on December 2, 2009 by Lee Anne Musante

1.0 out of 5 stars The real thing is great ... this was NOT the real thing
I have had this perfume before, and I'm fairly confident that what was sold to me was a real bottle, with the original contents emptied out and replaced with something else, or watered down. Contacted seller for refund and didn't even get a response. Would NOT purchase from again.
Published on January 24, 2012 by DEB

5.0 out of 5 stars Tokyo Milk DOES rock!!!, December 2, 2009
I am 40 and after all of these years with my weird body chemistry that only allows me to wear one in 50 perfumes I try (most of which are actually oils), I have finally found a company that produces so many wonderful scents that suit me that it was difficult to decide which one to purchase first! After sampling a handful (7) in a small, local shop, I decided on Paper and Cotton first. Initially, it smells almost like a man's scent just out of the bottle. Once it's on it is just delicious in a way that must be experienced to believe . . . different than anything else (coriander, white sage, birch wood, and tundra moss are the actual fragrances combined to make it); a very confident scent.

At the time, they were sold out of Dead Sexy and the women who worked there said Dead Sexy was in fact their number one seller for Tokyomilk with Paper and Cotton their number two. I had to try it so I went to Amazon. It too is delicious but in a more feminine way. The "deep Vanilla" is present but so subtly it is almost unrecognizable in a "gosh, I know I know what that scent is but I can't put my finger on it" kind of way. It has the wood tones of Paper and Cotton but instead of sage and moss it has white orchid and ebony giving it that more feminine affect. It is "sexy" but not in the way that many "sexy" perfumes tend to be: overbearingly sweet, flowery, or like a desert.

I think that what may make Tokyomilk fragrances so unique is perhaps due to the "crushed and distilled" method used in obtaining each separate scent/note prior to combining . . . there is an almost basic, primal-yet-pretty way they are defined in each mixture of carefully chosen earthy and floral elements. Each one is wonderful and unique. Other pluses are the adorable artwork on the bottles and the relatively affordable prices. The only minus is that the Dead Sexy doesn't hang on throughout the day like Paper and Cotton does. I know that if you apply an unscented oil first and layer your perfume on top, that will increase it's longevity . . . maybe I will try that today.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful gourmand fragrance, January 25, 2010
Strong, long-lasting eau de parfum (EDP). Powerful top notes of sugared violets that gives way to Tupelo honey and chocolate, drying down to heavy vanilla, jasmine and sandalwood. Imagine a cup of rich vanilla custard flavored with honey and sandalwood & jasmine extracts, topped with chocolate sauce and decorated with edible candied violet petals. If you love intense gourmand perfumes, you will love this - people all around you might chase after you with a spoon due to its massive sillage! Two spritzes will do, otherwise this EDP will be cloying and choking. If you're a fan of subtle, unisex or citrus, this one is definitely not for you. Full-on, foody, feminine and romantic. A fall/winter scent, no doubt, as it's too heavy for spring/summer.

1.0 out of 5 stars The real thing is great ... this was NOT the real thing, January 24, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy!, January 4, 2012
FalloutFan (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
I got this perfume for my wife for Christmas and she was really excited when she got it, until she smelled it. She compared it to the one she already has and found them to be very different. I contacted the seller (FAT CUPID) and they said they guaranteed their products and to return it if I wasn't satisfied, so I did. I then got my refund for only 80% of the purchase price, yes I had to pay a restocking fee for a product that wasn't what I ordered. Not only did they disappoint my wife but they also cheated me out of the full refund. Bottom line, don't buy perfume online and especially don't buy from FAT CUPID.

1.0 out of 5 stars ~~~~~DO~~~NOT~~~BUY!~~~~FAKE and WATERED DOWN!, February 5, 2013
~~~~~DO~~~NOT~~~BUY!~~~~

Based on some of the negative reviews I have to agree. I first discovered Tokyo Milk at a reputable beauty store and fell in love with the line. French Kiss #15 and Let Them Eat Cake #11 are my top picks. I bought #11 Let them Eat Cake and I firmly believe the contents have been watered down. When I spray I smell ALCOHOL and it is very weak and fake!!! I have the original perfume so I know it is a scam.

I feel totally JIPPED! I HATE BEING SCAMMED! I'd rather leave a negative review than try to get my money back because based on the reviews it looks like a waste of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, April 6, 2010
I stumbled upon this at the Hotel del Coronado and it has been my 'signature' scent ever since. I have a thing for vanilla but I don't like to smell too sweet. This is perfect and when I wear it I am guaranteed compliments! Plus it brings back memories of the ocean. It smells absolutely amazing ~ a little woodsy, a little vanilla and very sexy! My husband who is not a perfume fan absolutely loves this ~ and I get compliments even from my doctors!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Why the re-formulation??, April 29, 2012
Being a perfumer myself, I was shocked when I saw KABUKI reformulated in the last year to such a huge degree and without apparent reason. Why, why, why? Before it was daring, special, wonderful. Now it is... nothing. Please bring it back!

1.0 out of 5 stars Used and fake, April 23, 2013
NO STARS!!! I was sent a TESTER. There was a tester label on my perfume. The bottle was not full and did not smell like the perfume I've been wearing for a few years. I think it was watered down or completely changed. I wrote the seller and they suggested I send it back. However, they also informed me that I should re-package it carefully and if it comes back to them "used" or damaged I would not get a refund. Well it was a TESTER!!! It was already used!!! I'm not willing to now spend $$ sending it back so they can tell me it was used. I don't trust this company. I will buy my Tokyo milk from another seller. They should have apologized and sent me a new one. NOT NICE!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the tokyo milk perfume i wear most often, February 18, 2012
Okay, what kind of perfume do I like? The kind that does not make me smell like a department store--you know, that generic cold floral "bought at the perfume counter" smell, right? Could be anything but you know it's "perfume." This is not department store smelling perfume. Honey and the Moon is a very warm, sweet, slightly raw fragrance. The closest description to which I can come is burnt sugar and lemon, which sounds really weird, but both my daughter and I, who don't agree on most scents, do agree that it is quite nice, and wearing it makes me feel happy. When I first tried it on my skin, though, I was not sure that I liked it--it seemed to have a unblended edge to its overall sweetness that bothered me . . . and could I really wear something that sweet?--but I kept walking around, compulsively smelling the spot that I had sprayed, over and over, until I felt sure that I wanted to try it. Three bottles later, I haven't been sorry. It is not long-lasting, but then I do not find scents in this price range to last long in general. The bottle is small enough to fit in my purse or gym bag, after all. My second favorite Tokyo Milk scent has been "Sparrow," but I am ordering others to try--I'll update this review later, when I have others to compare against. For now, I'll be happy when this scent is back in hand!

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE PERFUME!, April 6, 2014
I bought a bottle of Tokyo Milk Dark Excess from FAT CUPID. First off, the perfume came unboxed. It was just wrapped in a scrap of cardboard. Also, the bottle did not match my other bottle of their perfume - It had a shiny heat shrink label covering it. The real bottles are made of matte black glass with the graphics printed directly on them. The scent was 100% different from the scent of the tester I tried at a local store (I would have bought it there, but they only had the tester in stock). The real scent was very rich and earthy, and like all Tokyo Milk products, it lasted. The perfume I bought from FAT CUPID smelled like watered down Old Spice cologne.
When I contacted the seller, they did nothing, so I filed a claim with Amazon, and they gave me a credit for the purchase price. While I appreciate the credit, I wonder if they're doing anything to stop the sale of counterfeit products on their site. This seems like a pretty common thing on here.

Tokyo Milk Perfume