Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Disney Bathtime Ariel Doll
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 20, 2012
Disney's Singin' in the Bath Ariel is a hilariously awful toy. To begin with, it doesn't actually sing. It's called "Singin' in the Bath Ariel," the instructions are filled with musical notes coming out of Ariel's mouth, but then, in fine print, it says it only, "giggles and speaks phrases," not breaks out into "Part of Your World." So, strike one. Next, when my daughter put it in the bathtub, the hair began to fall out almost immediately. So, it's a singing bath toy that neither sings or does well in the bath. Strike two. Finally, there is a comb/tiara that comes attached to the top of Ariel's mirror. It only actually managed to be attached once and now won't fit back on the mirror. Strike three.

Strike four is that my kid (who is almost four) thought the phrases weird and asked for me to take the batteries out only a few hours after she got it. But that's personal preference.

I can't hate this toy too much, though, because it is so profoundly awful that we all got a big laugh out of it. But no one should ever, ever buy it thinking it can actually do the things it says it can on the box.
on March 9, 2011
All the hair fall out in the tub - my little daughter started to cry and scream - if I could have rated it lower than a one I would have. Terrible doll don't waste your money. I am very disappointed with Disney on this one.
on December 30, 2010
The first time our little girl used this toy, Ariel's hair came out in clumps. It should be called Singin' in the Bath Alopecia Ariel.

What a waste.
on January 2, 2013
Apparently this is not a fully immersible toy. Directions upon opening state that only the tail should be placed in a small amount of water.
on March 31, 2013
Although I wasn't super impressed, she was happy with it and it's held up fairly well in the bathtub. The singing is rather annoying, but what toy that makes noise isn't? She enjoys it in the tub though, although at times it seems like a large toy to be having in the bath.
on April 23, 2013
I was not expecting such a beaty.The doll is so beatifull and the colors are great. My grandaughter goes crazy about The Little Mermaid. This one is not the first one I bought her, but is the prettier.
on August 12, 2012
I bought this Ariel doll for my little niece who is four. She loved it at first and was so excited when Ariel sang as she brushed her hair. Well after only two times of singing, the doll quit singing. The batteries were changed to see if that was the problem. It wasn't. Then I found out the reviews on this product said the same thing...it quit after only a couple of uses. Sending it back for an exchange but I have a feeling all these Ariel dolls are defective? Dang it.
on July 18, 2013
All these dolls in the Disney toddler series seem decently made. The clothes don't fall apart and the facial features are good. Our five year old daughter loves these dolls and they are her go to most if the time.
on August 10, 2013
I was skeptical about this being appropriate for water play once I saw the large standard battery compartment on the back of the doll. It didnt appear to have anything to keep the water from getting inside. But the packaging makes it clear this is intended for the water. Turns out I was right to be uncertain. Shortly after the first use in the water, black liquid (a mix of water, mildew, battery acid, and rust) started leaking out of the battery compartment onto my daughter's hands. It isn't even worth the 1 star I had to select to leave a review.
on January 18, 2012
My 2 year old begged for this toy so for Christmas we got it for her. She was so excited that halfway through Christmas day we had to give her a bath so she could play. That was the only time it worked. Has not sung since. Tried to change the batteries and that did not work either. Sorry we bought it and disappointed her.