4.0 out of 5 stars Fishing Fun!
Published on May 30, 2011 by bcmom

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but watch out for the helicopter
Published on November 26, 2012 by Crazy J

4.0 out of 5 stars Fishing Fun!, May 30, 2011
This review is from: Tolo Toys Funtime Fishing (Toy)
Bought this for my one year old son's first birthday- he LOVES it! He can quite easily catch the fish and it's great for his eye-hand coordination. My 3 year old daughter loves to play w/ it too, so the toy is often fought over. My only complaint is that it's hard to actually reel up the fish without it falling off the hook- my 3 year old becomes quite frustrated with it, but my one year old can't use the reel yet anyway so isn't bothered. Would definitely recommend over the flat magnetic fishing sets. Price did seem just a tad high, but I would buy again from Amazon since I wasn't able to find the same product in any nearby stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and fun, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Tolo Toys Funtime Fishing (Toy)
my 18 month old twins love this toy. I had bought a cheap version before from walmart and the fish and poles fell apart within days. The tolo funtime fishing still has no cracks after being dropped/thrown several time a day! The magnet is strong and the fish are big and colorful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and fun toy, July 13, 2012
This review is from: Tolo Toys Funtime Fishing (Toy)
Fishes have bright colors and attach easily to the fishing rod. My 2yr old son plays with it in the bath tub and outside. Very well built, and fishes are scratch free after several drops on concrete. Easy to drain out water from the fishes after bath time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun toy that also promotes hand-eye coordination, December 29, 2010
Blanka V. (Beaverton, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tolo Toys Funtime Fishing (Toy)
My son got this toy for his 1st birthday and has spent the last 3 months playing with it on a daily bases (to be exact, he plays with it several times a day). The toy is just the right size for 1-year old, features vivid colors, and enough features (such as the reel) that challenge him to learn new skill, but aren't frustrating. He uses it in bath and in his play area, and he figured out that the magnet will 'catch' anything metalic and so he keeps catching everything he can including his little pots and pans, tug boats, etc. I was very impressed to see how focused he got on 'catching the fish' -- he is VERY active boy who doesn't like to slow down for a moment, but this toy manages to do just that. All in all, it's a great toy and great value. I feel it also has educational value and i would definitelly buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Toy, December 1, 2011
ICG (New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tolo Toys Funtime Fishing (Toy)
This is a beatifully designed extremely well made toy. It took about a week for our 1 yr old twins to figure out how it works and now they are good little fishermen. They play by themselves or together and it's nice to see them concentrate and carefully do something. I'm very impressed with the quality - far better than the vast majority of plastic toys.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but watch out for the helicopter, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Tolo Toys Funtime Fishing (Toy)
My 3 year old son loves this toy! He has had it for about a year and it is still in great condition. There is an unintended consequence with the fishing pole. He likes to try and use it for a helicopter rather than a fishing pole. I have taken the pole away and he still uses the fish. Just wanted other buyers to be aware that if they have more than one sibling in the tub, someone could get hit in the head.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!!!, March 22, 2013
This review is from: Tolo Toys Funtime Fishing (Toy)
My 1 1/2 yr old son absolutely loves this!!! It's great for bathtime or regular play time!! 5 stars all the way! So much fun for us :) we love it!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but has a few minor drawbacks., September 24, 2014
This review is from: Tolo Toys Funtime Fishing (Toy)
I got this as a gift for my nephew for his 1st birthday. He didn't really understand what to do with it at first, but after he got the hang of it he loved it!
PROS:
The magnets lasted a long time and it was great for developing his motor and coordination skills. The little fish were adorable and it was a great novelty item, as it was his first fishing pole.
CONS
The only thing I have bad to say about it is that it was rather more difficult to reel in than I thought an infant's toy would be. In fact, he most just yanks it back up instead of reeling it in. Also, the pole if VERY short, which was great for a 1 yr old, but would probably not be appropriate for a child much older than 2.

Overall I would recommend to others or purchase again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Anything would work better than this, July 2, 2014
This review is from: Tolo Toys Funtime Fishing (Toy)
I'm not sure why this toy has so many good reviews. Maybe I got a bad one, but my version has a tiny little magnet that can barely support the much larger (and heavy) fish. In the bath or pool it gets even worse, because the fish fill with water and get heavier. Even if you get the tail of the worm (where the magnet is) right into the mouth of the fish, most of the time the weight makes them fall off immediately. As someone else pointed out, the handle for winding the string is almost useless because it sticks so much when you try to use it. It's not impossible, but if you want to catch a fish and then reel it in like a real fishing rod, the amount of force it takes to push the knob always makes the fish fall off. Lastly, the fish and rod get water stuck in them, which will not come out or evaporate unless you leave them out in the sun for a day, so there is a potential for mold/mildew growth. The only positive thing I can say is that my kids like the toy, even though it doesn't do any of the things it's supposed to.

3.0 out of 5 stars Antique tubs, October 5, 2012
This review is from: Tolo Toys Funtime Fishing (Toy)
I bought this for my 18 month old daughter. Don't get me wrong the product works great, it's cute, and she loves it. Here is my warning to potential buyers: I have an antique claw foot bathtub that is METAL so the fish don't float freely in the tub. They float with their little magnetic mouths stuck to the side of the metal tub. For her to "go fishing" I have to keep pushing the fish away from the wall of the tub. Not really anything wrong with the toy or its design but just a warning.

Tolo Toys Funtime Fishing