4.0 out of 5 stars Not Redeemable on Steam and Good Performance
Published 21 months ago by Sergio

1.0 out of 5 stars No love for PC players.
First off the good:

Campaign is interesting.
Gunsmith mode provides a great experience for people who like to tinker.

Then the bad:

DO NOT BUY THE PC VERSION GAME IF YOU WANT TO PLAY CAMPAIGN WITH FRIENDS.
DO NOT BUY THE PC VERSION GAME IF YOU WANT TO PLAY PROPER MULTIPLAYER.

You can't play with your friends 90% of the...
Published on July 1, 2012 by Raymond Chiu

1.0 out of 5 stars No love for PC players., July 1, 2012
First off the good:

Campaign is interesting.
Gunsmith mode provides a great experience for people who like to tinker.

Then the bad:

DO NOT BUY THE PC VERSION GAME IF YOU WANT TO PLAY CAMPAIGN WITH FRIENDS.
DO NOT BUY THE PC VERSION GAME IF YOU WANT TO PLAY PROPER MULTIPLAYER.

You can't play with your friends 90% of the time.

I specifically purchased this game in order to have a similar experience to Rainbow Six Vegas series, a modernized third per person shooter with tons of customization which you could play with your friends.

Within the second mission, the game desynced, making me and my friend unable to continue the story. Being average PC players we tried to do a workaround, so we skipped that part by playing it solo and then proceeded to go to the next mission. Then we came across another problem: Whoever hosted (we tried hosting, both of us) got stuck in infinite loading. This occurred for many missions. Other times the host would crash with different errors.

We've tried everything, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, direct connections to modem, port fowarding. Everything. Nothing has worked.

I've also tried playing multiplayer. It's even worse then the CoD system. When you migrate hosts, you don't start where you were, YOU HAVE TO RESPAWN. Other times, YOU SIMPLY DISCONNECT.

It is obvious that there was little to no quality assurance testing done for the the PC version of the game.

I am utterly disappointed that I had paid simply to play the campaign mode alone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Weaksauce, June 29, 2012
H. Degroot (Greenville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - PC (DVD-ROM)
I've got a couples hours of play in and I have to say I agree with previous reviewers. It's a console port. From the very start, the game feels dated and poorly done. Graphics are sub-par, the cinematics are boring and the gameplay is stale. I figured it would graphically as strong as BF3, but its deff. not... Doesn't really seem to matter what you do, the game holds your hand every step of the way, telling you what to do at every turn.

Don't get me wrong, it's got some fun factor, i just don't know how long it will last. I should have waited a month and got this game for $20 instead of $50. Oh well, another game I waited years for only to be sorely disappointed. Coming from someone who has played many of the Tom Clancy games, starting with the first Rainbow six, this game is a disappointing departure from previous efforts. The new Rainbow 6 looks pretty awesome though, I hope they don't try to ruin that too...

3.0 out of 5 stars Soldier, do not buy this game until it is $30 or less!, June 29, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - PC (DVD-ROM)
And that's an order! I can say that, 101st Airborne Division Air Assault former Infantryman! Hooooooah ;-)

Did I have fun playing it for the little time I did? Yep, it's got some fun parts! But it's buggy! And the graphics make you think you've gone back in time five years, then they look pretty good, then a cut scene makes you think you've bought some shareware.

Shame on you Ubisoft!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unplayable does not work, June 27, 2012
Whatever you do, do not purchase this title. This is the fundamental example of how terrible console ports are destroying PC gaming. Check out the official and steam forums to see countless customers complaining about this broken product. Where to begin? The frame rate is absolute garbage. My machine is immensely superior to the recommended requirements (GTX 680, i5 @ 4.5ghz, etc), and no matter what I do to the settings the frame rate runs like crap.

Some customers can't even get their mouse and keyboard to work with the title. dnottis from the Ubisoft forums said it best:

So at least we can confirm something here - as we all know UBI loves to blame PC game delays on piracy. Clearly it's not a piracy issue, it's an incompetence issue. This game is NOT finished, 6 more months wouldn't help, 2 more years wouldn't help. Stuff is broken and doesn't work.

UBI next time you delay a game - be honest and tell us - "Game delayed because we've become a company geared towards consoles and we don't know an effing thing about how to release a proper PC game."

You can shove your piracy argument next time - we all know its bunk and this has absolutely confirmed that.

1.0 out of 5 stars COMPLETE Debacle on the PC - Excellent Game on the Consoles, July 6, 2012
I initially rented this game via Redbox for the Xbox 360 - I had also tried the PS3 Version via the one hour full game download from the PSN Online Store. Both played exceptionally well, most of my gameplay was on the 360 - IMO, the overall better version for this title. I had a blast, played through six campaign levels, played online a bit, Guerrilla mode (think Horde, GEARS) and I immediately wanted to purchase this game. I read online about the PC version was DirectX 11 optimized, in short, exceptionally improved graphics etc., over the console versions. I bought the PC download version for $28, a steal at the time was my thoughts. Then it all goes down hill from there. I downloaded the game from Ubisoft, for some reason the installer would only allow me to pick my "C" SSD HD and not my data "D" drive on install - and I didn't have the necessary space. I had to edit my AppData folder in Windows 7 for it to recognize my "D" Drive for installation. Upon several hours for the files to decompress, very unusual, I had the game installed, nearly eight hours later. Immediately, the sound was garbled, I tried onboard audio via my Asus P6X58D Premium MB, did not work well at all, very choppy, I then tried my Asus D2X Xonar 7.1, again, to no avail, once again choppy. Not only that now all of my audio was choppy throughout my system. The game was taking 20+ minutes to load on a WDC Green 32MB Cache 1.5TB 7200 HD, to make a long story short, this game completely disrupted several things on my PC - especially after I had NO CHOICE but to mod my AppData files for the installation. I ended up having to reinstall Windows 7 (first time on this system since I've owned it, three years). GRFS is a complete mess on the PC, I was using the latest patched version (1.2). I strongly recommend you get the console version if you are in the market for this game, the PC version is debacle, putting it generously. One of the poorest launches I've seen in years on the PC - think Battlecruiser 3000AD, yeah, it's that bad, if not worse. I can't believe the developers did not put more time in the game for the computer - highly recommend if you have a console, if not, don't walk but run from the PC version. A complete waste of my time and money - 1 star is one too many for this disaster. One of the laziest efforts I've seen in this generation of games, absolutely deplorable and disgusting effort on behalf of the shoddy developers and publishers.

1.0 out of 5 stars PIECE OF JUNK!, July 3, 2012
This review is from: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - PC (DVD-ROM)
The game is not working at all. Too many errors and bugs, i have a Intel i5/NVIDIA 580GTXs quite stable machine and its not about your pc, you can read it at ubi forums! and everywhere!.....

Ubi products quality is very discouraging, DONT BUY THIS GAME, its the most expensive i've bought and its the one that it not working. A Shame! Try Electronic Arts Games instead....

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Redeemable on Steam and Good Performance, December 25, 2012
First thing first this game is not redeemable on steam ,it needs uplay activation after u install ur game u can enter the game and ofcourse in that moment uplay ask to u serial key after that everything is fine .As quality and performance ,the game is pretty working good im not sayin other comments were lies ,no they were totally true but after patches i see the game really fixed itself majorly ... I played in earlier vers.of the game and yeah that was ashame for this great serie but obviously i see ubisoft finally started to listen customers's screams . Shortly game is playeble right now (after 1.5 patch)if u wanna play this game i suggest dont miss this deal . I hope this will clear the question marks in ppl's minds ...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Single Player, August 19, 2012
Story was fun and interesting; however, the multi player is still a little buggy. It either kicks players from middle of game, or wont start the game from lobby.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total ripoff for Windows XP users, June 27, 2012
Christian Eidsmoe (Saint Augustine, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - PC (DVD-ROM)
It says it will work with windows XP but it DOES NOT. Do not waste your money if you have XP. Amazon needs to change it's product info, it's not correct.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, July 5, 2012
This review is from: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - PC (DVD-ROM)
I have been a Ghost Recon fan since their first game. I was eagerly anticipating this release and it is a gigantic disappointment. It will not even start. The Forums list page after page of bugs and people demanding their money back. The Patches do nothing. I am running a very good PC with dual ATI Video cards. DirectX and Video drivers are newly updated. All I get is a thunk and a black screen. I have to use Task Manager to gain control of my PC again. So long UbiSoft, I want my money back. This junk is a complete waste of time, shameless Console port and pawn it off to the unsuspecting. I have to give it a star to get out, other wise it would get nothing from me.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - PC
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - PC by Ubisoft (Windows 7 / Vista)
$39.99 $12.88