Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Platform: PC Download|Edition: Standard|Change
Price:$9.99

on September 1, 2011
I've played HAWX1 which impressed me with many fun element so I bought HAWX2.
But it disappointed me. Not talking about the same old story, the dx11 feature in this game seems only to be tessellation on the terrain. And the characters in the CG look really low poly.
on October 3, 2011
1. I had to download this game 4 times, just to get a file that was not "corrupted". Seriously, Amazon? Ever heard of Recovery? Maybe, all the stupid DRM this cr**y game was wrapped in prevents that. Who knows...

2. The game itself is completely unplayable. Not only you won't find anyone playing it online (NOT A SINGLE PERSON) you also won't be able to play it on single player because of numerous bugs with the game. The most annoying bug was an "improvement" on weapons systems. Now, the game switches missiles types by itself and even ignores user commands.

Want to target a ground target? Keep pushing the buttons to switch the missile type? Too bad. The system is stuck on Air only missiles. Who on earth would come up with that?

It seems Ubisoft took a HAWX added more bugs to it and not it became HAWX2. Did i mention, this game requires constant internet connection to run? Yeah...

I want my $24 back!!
on June 17, 2016
the nomenclature on the advertisement said it is a flight simulator but all I can find is a childish small board game of a modified space invaders from the 70s. The ad was great but the actual game is not like any simulator I have ever used.
on February 25, 2011
I chose HAWX2 in the hopes of pushing my gaming PC to the limits and challenging head to head air combat. I was after advanced graphics, flight realism, a good variety of aircraft, and LAN play. This game was very obviously designed for and around a standard gaming platform ie, 360 or PS3 for people who know nothing about flight or flight sims. This is strictly an arcade game and if you can accept it for that then you should have a great time. Not what I was looking for, which is why the low rating and a waste of 50 bucks but, my own fault, I should have done better research. I'll give this to my 9 year old.

1. Graphics in the game are good. They are not, by far, the best graphics I've seen from a flight sim of any type nor in some of the other games I play. At best, I would suggest that they are pretty much what you would expect from a typical 360 or PS3 game.

2. Flight realism is out the window. Take off and landing are a joke. No flap control. No dual throttle. Throttle control is not realistic, even when you throttle back to say 25% power, the plane slows down, then the AB's come on. Are you kidding? The aircraft over corrects all the time (no it is not my controller). Keeping the aircraft in straight level flight is a test in patience. It's almost impossible to engage a target at gun range, the plane constantly over corrects. Landing gear is controlled by airspeed and the spacebar and only when near an airport of the game's choosing, so if you wanted to practice touch and go and fly to different airports, forget it, you can't even do that in free flight mode. Target selection makes no sense, HUD doesn't offer enough info, and the waypoints the game tells you to fly to move around. Several times I have been headed directly to a waypoint 5k ahead only to have it move 50 degrees off my heading and out 20k. Wtf? Navigation is lacking. If you are looking for a good flight sim with realism, go with X-Plane. Bottom line is that there are no typical aircraft controls that you should find in any flight sim, moreover, I feel that I should have a hold of a PS3 controller instead of my 5 axis, 12 button Thrustmaster.

3. This "flight sim", I use the term loosely, has all the favorite aircraft but you have to earn them through game completion. Don't expect to find them all waiting in the hangar, not even for freeflight mode.

4. I haven't been able to try LAN play and probably will not do so as I will not purchase another license. This game, it seems, is more of a kind of MMO. Maybe thats what it was striving for. You earn XP and rank which enables you to unlock ablilities and aircraft. I went into a multiplayer internet game against a guy who obviously had everything unlocked and I was, of course, completely out matched. How is that fair? I am upset that the first thing that happens when I start the software is an automatic connection to the Ubisoft server for this game. Even if you don't have any intentions of playing in MMO mode, you are still connected to them while you are playing this game. Its absolutley ridiculous. I haven't tried playing it with my wi-fi turned off but I will be trying soon. If I can't play it without a connection to the internet then that is just one more nail in the coffin for this game as far as I'm concerned.

If you are looking for just a game with some MMO action, then this is for you but you would be better off buying it on the intended platform I think, definatley not for PC. If you are looking for a good flight sim, THIS IS NOT IT!
44 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2013
worst game i have baught in years my pc well over comes even the recommened specs yet all i keep getting is network failure well this is crap. and a waste of money. microsoft needs a new starlancer it works on any system with very few bugs.
on November 16, 2013
This is my first 1 star review on Amazon.com!! This is NOT Amazon's fault, it is the fault of the developer; Ubisoft. This game is THE WORST. The controls are horrible. The first game was much much better. I am wondering, how can the 2nd game can be worse than the 1st game!!! Had problem downloading. After that it played well for the first time, then after that it does not want to open anymore. I couldn't play it. Just a waste of money!! And it's a digital download, so there is no way to get a refund. So consider many times before buying and downloading it!!
on December 28, 2015
A fun, intermediate level flight sim! Requires UPlay Account creation and login to activate and play, but follow instructions for UPlay and it will run as advertised. Search HAWX-2 blogs for UPlay info and links.
on October 10, 2012
I thought this title was going to score high ace points for action-packed storylines and the like. I was off.
I was bored within the first 20 minutes. This title holds your hands like a child in terms of the storyline.
I rather replay the first H.A.W.X. title or even Ace Combat 3, 4, 5, and the Belkan War before I replay H.A.W.X. 2 once more.
on November 7, 2012
The download was easy and simple. The game is fun but quite limited. The selection of planes is much less then the first which is suprising. The new weapons are fun to play with but there isn't much replay value in the game. No matter, for $10 I really can't complain.
on April 3, 2013
I down loaded it twice and still ubisoft would not connect. as this game needs to be on line. I called and emailed and still it would not connect. very disapointed.