Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Entertainment Collectibles Shop Now DOTD

on November 10, 2003
(...) P>I found the book to be very interesting and not boring like many safety books. Tom Patire brings a subject that many avoid to life with his interesting and lesson learned stories.
I love the Tom's Tips and the straight forward advice about martial arts, self defense and self defense weapons. Just this section alone gave me an education on what these things are really about. Another thing I learn through this book was how and why the "bad guy and bad guest" target people.
The best part of the book is when I was completed done reading it I felt good about the concept of safety, which was something I avoided for a long time.
Well the book is the next best thing to being there.
I recommend it to all people especially women!
Sue Ellen
on May 20, 2006
A family from my town in Wisconsin recently appeared on the Montel Show. Watching the show one had to feel for the terrible ordeal that the family went through during their violent home invasion. At the end of the show Montel brought out a security expert named Tom Patire. Mr. Patire's comments were for everyday people and his tone and way of speaking showed his compasion for human life and left me feeling empowered. This led me to buy his book. The book is beter than good - it is excellent. It's for all ages from teens to seniors and is filled with unlimted, priceless information on how to keep you and the people you love, safe. Montel open my eyes to what can happen and Tom Patire gave me the information on how not to let it happen or what to do if.

Montel - Great Show!

Tom Patire - Great Book!!
on January 19, 2006
We hired Tom Patire to speak at our annual PTA event here in Chicago. I was on the committee that sought him out after I read his book and saw him on Fox. The book is an updated look into safety and has some similarities of other books in this catergory but it is written in much different, more people friendly format.

Tom takes the approach of easing the reader into different safety issues by relating them to factual events in his life. Because of that the book reads life a story of safety and not like a book of boring statistics. I loved the Tom's Tips but really was intrigued to his child safety training since I am a single mother of two young girls.

What really hit home was how Tom talks about 'seeing from their eyes' and their being the children of the world. The book can be used in different ways. For example it can be used as a guide to safety issues like when you travel or safety at home. It can also be used as a call to urgency because safety is usually not a subject that we like to think about or address.

It gets even better should you attend Tom's talk. Tom is a big, in-shape, charismatic guy that has a empowering way of getting you involved in his lecture which he calls 'Safer Life!' From his opening statement to his closing remarks Tom's becomes the big brother that we all wish we had and presents safety with out installing fear.

I gave his book 5 stars as I did Gavin DeBecker's book. But Patire's talk is the missing piece to the safety puzzle. It's one I would recommend for all people, especially single mom's to attend.

Have A Blessed Day!

Kim K.
on November 16, 2003
Being a single father I like many worry about my safety and my kids. I ordered the Personal Protection Handbook book about 1 week about from Amazon and just last night did I finally get a chance to read it.
The Personal Protection Handbook is about us, and for us, we the people, and the author gives it to the reader in a empowering and educational method. The books covers all the 'A,B, C,s' of safety, awareness and self protection but not in a beat them up mentality. Patire brings this book to life through well placed real life stories combined with safety checklists and outstanding Tom's Tips.
The reader is never left wondering with 'what if' scenarios but instead is drilled a positive, believable mindset of 'I can and I will!'
I have taken some martial arts in my life but I am no expert. What the Personal Protection Handbook does is, as said in the book , it " trains the brain!" I bought this book for myself, and I just order a few others for my brother and sister, because I do care about me and the ones I love and anything positive that can educate me to protect life is a needed necessity.
I have spent much money on other books that do not relate to safety but this book listed at $14.00 isn't a bargain it's a steal.
I believe in THEE almighty and I also believe in the information in THEE BOOK!
on December 14, 2004
I bought the book after hearing Tom Patire speak at the National Headstart Association. I found his talk to be very 'eye' opening and yet he left out all the scare tactics and statistics that usually turn people off to this subject.

My husband, who is a police officer, read Tom's book and said that now his department uses it as a book of reference for their safety talks. He said that never did he see so much worthwhile material put in one book and written in a way that keeps the reader interested in being safe.

The book has many different checklists put together in an easy to read format that allows you to retain the information. That is what makes the book so good. My daughter who is in college now actually read the book in one sitting because she found it intriguing. Imagine that a teenager who finds safety intriguing!

I have since joined Tom Patire's monthly newsletter, which is free, and updates you on different aspects of safety each month. It is very good and ever month it comes right to your email box.

To sum this book up, if you are like me and you look to avoid potential dangerous situations, then this is the book for you. It is not one of those aggressive books on self defense that give you a false sense of confidence. It's as Tom says "Being Safe By Being Smart
on October 5, 2003
After reading Tom's book on personal protection, I am astounded at how simply he lays out all the basics of keeping yourself, and your family, safe.
So many books deal only w/a single topic -- self-defense, or fire safety, etc. This book is truly a GUIDEBOOK for all facets of life; one that will help each of us go through each day in a safer and more aware manner.
Kudos to Tom Patire. This should be a bestseller...and required reading for everyone. In fact, I think it should be in every school as well.
If you haven't read it, please do so. You will be glad that you did.
on February 21, 2005
Recently our community had a terrible awakening. One of our college age female students was raped in the middle of the morning, inside her own home. For years we in the community said "it will never happen to one of ours" but it did and we decided to do something about it.

We went to our Rabbi who contacted the police to get an expert to speak to the community. Tom Patire was that expert. At first we did not know what to expect but we did know he came highly recommended. Our place of worship was full to capacity, with standing room only, when Mr. Patire did his talk. For 90 minutes he educated us and empowered us in a way we never thought possible and then he stayed additional time to answer ALL of our questions. He did this all for FREE! Why? Because he truly wants to make a difference!

When you first see Mr. Patire he looks like a CIA Agent with his tall, straping statue and his piercing eyes. When he speaks he shows his concern for human beings as well as his willingness to help. He is the whole package! One would ask what this has to do about the book. The book is Tom Patire in text. The way he speaks, his tips, his safety checklists are all in the book but in a more in-depth form. I found the book interesting but my family, wife and daughters, found it just as interesting. So my first advice would be for you to have Mr. Patire speak. Many in our community leaders see him as the next Tony Robbins but in a broader sense. If you can get his book - it is a lifesaver rolled up in easy to remember advice!

Finally I would like to say you just a person by not what he says by what he does. Tom Patire, after his talk in our orthodox community, went to visit the young lady that was raped. He did this on his own and with nobody knowing. Nothing else needs to be said!

on October 16, 2003
I have to say that I am totally speechless! I heard Tom Patire speak on the radio today on the way to work and was so captivated by him that I ordered the book the minute that I sat down at my computer. (Thank you Amazon, I recieved it in less than 48 hours!)
The book was very well written and an easy read. I HIGHLY recomend this book to anyone interested in their personal safety or the safety of their loved ones. I am going to incorporate Tom's Tips into my weekly discussion with my children on life skills.
Thank you for such a motivating & powerfilled book!
Maria Enosam
on November 9, 2003
I received notice that Tom Patire would be speaking at Auburn University in which I am a professor at. As a requirement I assigned my class and myself to attend his talk.
The room was filed with a variety of ages from 18 to 60 years of age. That didn't seem to matter to Mr. Patire who worked the room like a chameleon adapting to the environment. He explained many safety issues and addressed them in a non-scary, very educational manor. My students, who can sometimes be rambunctious, were so into the talk they asked numerous questions. Mr. Patire even got them involved in some scenario based explanation so they could better understand the Bad Guest and Bad Guy mindset.
After the talk everyone lined up to by his book and I do mean everyone. This surprised me because college students don't usually have "extra" money and when they do they use it to go out and "party". In fact many of these students bought more than one book to give as Holiday gifts and even asked Mr. Patire to personal autograph it to their parents of friends.
When we got back to class we discussed the entire talk and what many said was "Mr. Patire talked to us straight-up and he was very approachable!"
That night I went home and read the book. It was quite enjoyable and was written for all to understand. I thoroughly enjoyed the description of the mindsets and Mr. Patire's unique way of reading body movement. The book send a constant message which is safety is something learned and not something that your born with. This book showed me that safety starts with "you" and constantly being alert can be the difference of a good day or a bad day.
For a security minded professional, and a very capable one at that, like Tom Patire to pierced the minds of college kids and make such an impact shows that his talk and his Personal Protection Handbook caters to the everyday person no matter what age.
Bravo on the book and a standing ovation on the talk!
Dr. E
Auburn University
"Go Tigers"
on October 1, 2003
Reviewer: Debbie from New Jersey
This morning I went to safety seminar presented at my place of work. The guest presenter was Tom Patire an international safety and personal protection expert. When I first walked into the room I was greeted by our security director and then by Tom Patire.
We all spoke for a few minutes and then it was time to begin the seminar. For the next 60 minutes plus the entire audience was glued to their seats listening to ever word that came out of Tom's mouth. He was enlightening, warm, humorous at times, and very empowering but most of all sincere in his delivery and presentation. Tom then showed everyone in the room the difference between martial arts and personal protection. His speed and precision where only matched by his looks and his demeanor.
Upon leaving the seminar everyone was presented with an autograph copy of his book and his Training for Life video tape series. They were purchased by our company as a gift to educate us on safety and awareness. (Very nice!)
When I arrived home I began to read his book and got so engulfed that I skipped dinner just to finish reading it. Having just seen Tom Patire and his distinct mannerisms and unique speaking I could picture every word echoing though out the book reminding me to "Be Safe!"
The book is the next best thing to being there and hearing Tom speak and it sends a positive message in regards to living a safer life! It is very easy to read and understand and it has great stories about Tom's life!
Personal thanks goes out to my company and especially to Mr. Tom Patire for getting people to think more about safety and for writing a book that enlightens you instead of scaring you!
God Bless!