Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on December 12, 2008
I used this all summer without a problem but as soon as the weather cooled I would find it on the floor mat in the morning. Worse than that, it fell off the windshield 3 times while the unit was attached. Read up on this and you will find a number of owners fighting with TomTom over broken LCD screens only to find out THEY are at fault (according to Tom TOM CS reps) for the damage done by TomTOM's piece of junk window mount. I purchased an after-market unit on eBay for $12 and I could hang my 5 yr old off that thing without it coming off (even in weather below freezing). DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND SKIP THIS ENTIRELY. Heck I'll give you mine if you want it
on August 6, 2009
This is the same OEM bracket/suction cup that originally came with my TomTom GPS. Not the best suction to the windshield, but if you wet the disk before fixing to the window, it helps. Unfortunately, TomTom felt it necessary to bundle the bracket with an extra accessory cord which I didn't need. I guess they make more money that way. I called TomTom and asked about obtaining a replacement bracket, but this bundle was the only option. They didn't offer to replace it. I thought for a $400+ unit, that they may have replaced it for me. I'll keep that in mind when I buy my next GPS!
on July 18, 2013
The original TomTom mount finally wore out so instead of trying to get a cheap knock off we got this one by TomTom. Either they have totally changed the way they make these or it may be a knock off and we just don't know it (there is NOT a TomTom logo on it, just stated here on Amazon that it was sold by TomTom). It is flimsy. It does work to hold the GPS to the window. However, due to the weight of the GPS it falls forward so to speak. The original one "held" the GPS in place however you would turn it. With this one we had no choice but to put a little glue on the ball portion to keep it in place. It kept turning towards the dash, so we had to do something. So much for moving it around if needed, but we had to get a new holder...so...it is what it is.
on September 15, 2015
ordered this as a replacement as Tom Tom no longer makes this mount, the cup will stick to the windshield but the swivel is quite weak, originally the GPS jiggled when driving, after a week or so the swivel couldn't hold the GPS up and the GPS just dangled there straight down, I returned for a credit. Don't waste your time on this. I should of relied on the other reviews.
on September 16, 2009
This thing only stuck to the windshield the first 3 days I used it, after that, it would fall off while I'm driving <30min. This happened twice. It really annoyed me. My friend accidentally destroyed the hook where the TomTom attaches to when she was trying to take it apart for storage. The ball just came out of the socket and that was it. Broke in <2 weeks that i've been using it.
on June 16, 2009
The mount for the screen is too short, I should have purchased the taller one so that it would fit in the friction base dashboard mount. The batter charger is okay and works well, the only negative I have with it is that not having the taller screen mount, it interferes with the friction dashboard holder.
on January 20, 2010
I will probably attach a video review as well for this but this mount does not do the job especially not in cold weather.

I have been through three of these mounts and they are absolutely useless. The suction does not last longer than a few minutes and it falls even faster if you attach the GPS unit.

Water and Petroleum jelly was applied (as suggested by TomTom Customer Reps) but that did not help much either and even a flat surface other than my dashboard was unable to hold the unit.

The issue here is simple there is no locking mechanism unlike some of their other mounts and the unit weighs a lot more than what the mount is able to handle as it is basically just an extension of a suction cup and so the unit falls off fairly quickly. Interestingly enough TomTom does not seem to think there is an issue with the mount!! Yup I am sure it is just my imagination :)
on December 7, 2008
Despite a clean windshield, this product repeatedly loses suction and falls off. It's my second one - TomTom needs to redesign their mounts.
on September 7, 2013
The item illustrated on Technoline LLC's webpage is misleading. The illustration is that of an OEM TomTom Go 930 Windshield Mount. The part that mounts to the back of the GPS device clearly shows the trademark TomTom hands on the face of the mounting bracket. The item I received is poorly made (the GPS device wobbles and wiggles making it hard to view), the GPS device will move when the screen is touched with only the lightest touch to execute commands, the trademark TomTom hands are NOT on this item, as shown in the photograph. I purposely passed on many similar items because I wanted an OEM TomTom Go 930 Windshield Mount. I am disappointed that Technoline chose to use deceptive and false advertising practices and provided an inferior product when compared to the OEM item. I am completely dissatisfied with the quality and performace of this item. I keep it because the return postage is more than the item is worth. Technoline LLC, upon reading this review, should forward a RMA to me at no cost, plus refund my total cost. The quality of this item is far below my expectations. Additionally, the item is advertised as an additional mount and car charger. No such car charger was included with this order. Another strike against Technoline LLC. If you are considering purchasing this item or any item from Technoline LLC, be aware of my experience and be cautious. I am open to a Technoline CSR contacting me to remedy this situation and not lose me as a customer forever. If the situation improves, then I will post an update on this same site to let you all know what has transpired. K Penman, USAF (retired)
on February 15, 2014
Based on the photo of an actual TomTom mount, I paid the premium to buy this product expecting a genuine product. Instead I got a cheap knockoff without TomTom packaging and without the hands logo in the middle.

Amazon was nice enough to refund most of the purchase price such that I had then paid the $4 price seen in other knockoff listings. In the end though, it didn't matter.

Today, just 11 days after I received the product and 10 since it was first installed and used, the flange on the suction cup that secures it to the plastic parts tore free and my GPS fell to the dash. There is nothing left to do but put it all in a landfill and try again to buy the genuine TomTom article.

To be clear, the vendor for my order was also Datrex. I ordered from them because it was eligible for Amazon Prime and appeared to be the genuine article. It was not. When visiting the web site listed on the packaging, all I found was exercise equipment.