Published 20 months ago by Crystelia

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting better
The storyline actually picks up a bit from the prequel to this book. A little far fetched on the survival side, but entertaining anyways.
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars I am only giving Tomb of Atlantis 4 stars because Curse of Atlantis (the sequel) is five times greater than Tomb of Atlantis!!, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Tomb of Atlantis (Kindle Edition)
The story opens on a sea battle 10000 years in the past. One ship sinks to the bottom of the ocean, another sails away into the unknown... I was hooked right then and there. How could I not with an opening like that? This book has everything I like in a story: a mystery artifact, lost ancient civilisation, crazy suspense, and a "it's not over till it's over!" kind of protagonist.

First, let me highlight a few great things the author has done to make the story an even more enjoyable read. The author has an easy, smooth, uncomplicated writing style. Characters POVs and events effortlessly flows from one scene to the next. I always know what is really going on in a chapter. Second, I just love the little engineering/technical details scattered throughout the book. Now I know much more about diving, planes, flying, dangerous/hazardous rescue missions, ancient weapon making and how to make the best of the little you have when shipwrecked at sea. I thought it was really cool the way Jack Roberts (the main character) judged the peak of the storm by wave motion and counting down the lightning flash and thunder. Third, as I mentioned, the writing is straightforward for the most part, but conveying so much more. I thought that was a great touch, a sign of a good storyteller, leaving the reader to imagine the rest. I am trying not to give away too many spoilers here... all I will say, if you are someone who loves nature, adventure, history and the occasional man-eating shark encounter, then I recommend you read this book. My only criticism about the story is that the author has probably made the protagonist almost a little too perfect, but that is just my personal preference. For this story, Jack Roberts is just, perfect!!!

Lastly, This is a story about the never-ending struggle between man and nature. Sometimes nature wins, and an entire civilisation gets wiped off the face of the earth, forever. More often, as man grows and learns, and becomes more intelligent, he wins, and takes back what nature has stolen in the past. This is a story where nothing is truly lost. Humans may all die, but we would always leave something behind... for someone else to find... something will always survive in the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Whew!, January 18, 2013
This review is from: Tomb of Atlantis (Kindle Edition)
What a ride! I chose this book when I was looking for Atlantis fiction and, although I had been just a little disappointed with the author's "Tear in Time" (during my time travel phase), the title of this one intrigued me and the reviews were good. Well, I have to echo the good reviews. As a matter of fact, after reading this one I immediately downloaded #1 and #3 in his trilogy.

The repartee was sometimes a little lame and over-the-top to me but what do I know.

The tension was very real and almost constant. I could especially relate to all those niggling little fears, second guessing and looking over your shoulder that come when you're doing something dangerous by yourself. Since I kept expecting something bad to happen it made me nervous for Jack. Then when the emergencies actually arose, I almost found myself holding my own breath. But things get even worse the next time as his enthusiasm overcomes his good sense once again. I mean, what sane person would fly 50 miles from land in a small seaplane by himself, anchor it and dive 100 ft. alone? However, it does make for good drama. Man against nature in the extreme. It also makes you wonder just how much abuse a human body can take.

Once again, I have been happy to find an author who does not use profane language and gratuitous sex to titilate his readers. I wish they would rate books like they do movies. I'd give this a PG (except for the stress). Good job. Looking foward to reading more.

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Loved Indiana Jones...You Will Adore Jack Roberts!!!, July 10, 2012
This review is from: Tomb of Atlantis (Kindle Edition)
I liken TOMB OF ATLANTIS to the Indiana Jones series not only due to its action-adventure status, but also because Chris Petersen has the capacity to enable me to understand and enjoy not only archaeology, but some engineering concepts as well. This is important, because some authors that write action-adventure lose me by over-explaining the technicalities and I become disengaged in the story. I remember feeling completely immersed in the action when first watching Harrison Ford as Indy--he was fun, funny, handsome, resourceful, and smart, and most importantly, he appealed to my female mind. Jack Roberts, the male protagonist in TOMB fills the void in my life I didn't know I had since Indy is gone...
Author Petersen creates a suspenseful situation in TOMB. Jack Roberts, an engineer, has discovered an artifact that may be the key to the lost city of Atlantis. In an attempt to find it, he becomes lost at sea. Petersen describes Jack's resourcefulness and efforts to survive in tense detail and I found myself very involved, rooting for Jack. Particularly during a frightening scene with a hungry shark, I caught my breath several times and screamed to the author, "Will you just rescue him already??"
Petersen has created a new action hero in Jack Roberts, and I am looking forward to reading more in CURSE OF ATLANTIS!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wild Oddysey Through Time: A Must Read, September 1, 2014
This review is from: Tomb of Atlantis (Kindle Edition)
After having read "A Tear in Time" and "Prisoner of Time" I was intrigued by Christopher Petersen's ability to take me to another time and place through his fiction. I just finished "The Tomb of Atlantis" and must say it was an odyssey through time and history that had me mesmerized. I enjoyed every page, and kept wondering what would happen next. No spoilers, so I won't talk about the plot, but you will be handsomely rewarded by reading this novel written by a talented writer. Kudos to Mr. Petersen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this Book and Read It While Enjoying the Ride!, September 3, 2014
This review is from: Tomb of Atlantis (Kindle Edition)
Christopher David Petersen wrote an amazing story when he penned Tomb of Atlantis. There was adventure on each and every page. I loved this book. The main character, Jack Roberts, has an uncanny knack for scaring me to death with his harrowing adventures as he brings to light one of the greatest historical mysteries of all time. It is very believable. I can't wait to read the next book in the series Curse of Atlantis!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun to read, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Tomb of Atlantis (Kindle Edition)
I thought this was a very interesting book. I don't know how well researched it was beyond the obvious love of flying. Having more info about the basis for the speculations about the location of Atlantis, etc. would have made it more interesting. Still it was a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am just about obsessed with any novel about the ..., August 10, 2014
This review is from: Tomb of Atlantis (Kindle Edition)
I am just about obsessed with any novel about the lost world of Atlantis. This novel was especially interested and I had a hard time putting it down. All four novels in the series were extremely interesting. I highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific, December 22, 2013
This review is from: Tomb of Atlantis (Kindle Edition)
Nice story. Great plot. Weak humor. Story telling could be a little tighter and he really writes well the adventure, stay away from trying to write romance or comedy. Great work!

4.0 out of 5 stars A novel of never-ending thrills., August 13, 2013
ANNA (Manila, Philippines) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tomb of Atlantis (Kindle Edition)
Petersen did a great job on this book. His melange of interesting characters and plots made the story truly exciting. Fans of Atlantis-related fiction shouldn't miss this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, February 17, 2014
This review is from: Tomb of Atlantis (Kindle Edition)
This was a good read. I am looking forward to the next story. I read a bit before going to sleep. The last half had to be finished before putting down.

Tomb of Atlantis