4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watercolor Like Pens!, October 4, 2009
When I ordered these, i was under the impression that they would be brush tipped, like a paint brush. I've seen pens in my local art store with brush tips selling for around 10 dollars a piece! So I decided to order these as soon as I saw them. Not what I expected, they are solid tips but with water based ink. Very good for a watercolor-like method of painting. I use these in a Moleskine Watercolor journal, and it seems the pen ink dries too quickly, I need to have the blender pen in hand and use it right along with the colored pens to get the perfect watercolor look. They look amazing, yet I wish the ink wouldn't dry so quickly, though it may also be the paper the journal is made from. I would definitely recommend these for anyone looking to add watercolor detail to sketches and pen and ink drawings! I find them to be more precise than even a fine tipped paint brush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost like watercolor paints, February 16, 2009
I bought 3 sets of these pens: Pastel, Earth, and Primary to use for painting mandalas and love them. The Primary ones are my favorites, but then I prefer bright colors generally. They blend easily, particularly if you don't want until they dry but they do come with a blending pen. There is a brush stroke pen on one end of each and a pen-like or outliner on the other.

The colors are more transparent than opaque, so if you're looking for complete coverage, these are not for you. You can get more coverage by going over the same area more than once, though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality brush pens, March 25, 2010
loves2read (Monroe, OH USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased the primary colors and the earth tone colors sets. I am pleased with the quality of the pens and the rich colors offered. I use mine for card making and have had very good results. I rely on Amazon for accurate descriptions of the items they sell and I will be purchasing the pastel collection in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost like watercolor paints, February 16, 2009
I bought 3 sets of these pens: Pastel, Earth, and Primary to use for painting mandalas and love them. They blend easily, particularly if you don't want until they dry but they do come with a blending pen. There is a brush stroke pen on one end of each and a pen-like or outliner on the other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost like watercolor paints, February 16, 2009
This review is from: Tombow Dual Brush Pen Set, 9 Pastel Colors Plus Brush Pen, 10 Piece Set (56146) (Office Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best so far, May 19, 2010
shikonari "Riku" (BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, US) - See all my reviews
I found this pen brush very useful and accurate no mess . it's awesome and it comes with color blender and the best thing about this is you can use little color and expand the color by using regular brush and water to make it have the look you are looking for I recommend this pen bush for everyone .

4.0 out of 5 stars High-Quality Markers Take Some Skill, December 20, 2010
I've got a little pile of art supplies in my desk, and of everything I have, these are the things I use least. I bought mine from indivdual stock instead of in a set, so I've got a hodgepodge. I've got to say, the colors are quite beautiful, and the brush pen makes lovely, elegant lines. However, you've got to know what you're getting when you purchase these. I bought them with the intention of using them to color for illustration and graphic noveling--really not a good idea at all. Unless you color with very rapid, very even strokes, you're not going to get the nice even color you need for those kinds of compositions.

If you do decide to get a set, be careful how you transport them. I had mine in a zipped canvas bag, and was horrified when I got to class and discovered that some of the caps of the brush pens had fallen off. They're such high-quality markers that they hadn't dried out, but it was still frustrating.

I suspect skilled artists who are experienced with markers will find these excellent tools. If, like me, you're not there yet, I'd recommend either purchasing a student-quality set of markers that you can practice with, or working in the slightly more forgiving medium of colored pencils.

5.0 out of 5 stars Okay pens, June 3, 2011
A&D (Boston, MA, USA) - See all my reviews
These were a bit long pens for me to use, but otherwise the quality of the pens is good. I have used them now for 2 months. They have 2 tips. I like the pastel colors.
solid tips but with water based ink. Very good for a watercolor-like method of painting. I have used these in a Moleskine Watercolor journal, and it seems the pen ink dries too quickly. Otherwise, I like the way I can do a watercolor style with ink pens.
The brush part of the pen was not exactly what I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars These pens are fabulous, July 2, 2011
I'm not an artist, but I wanted to have a nice set of pens to color in various illustrations (stress relief!). The colors remain true even after being exposed to light, and I find the brush tips to be the right thickness, as you can use the fine point or create larger strokes to fill in bigger areas. A really great set.

ARRAY(0xaab20e88)