Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on March 26, 2013
I had to replace my Wii U charger almost immediately since my cat decided it looked like a chew toy. This cable is much thicker than the original one and is very long so that my son can use his gamepad while it is charging.
33 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2013
This is a good extra charging cable for the Gamepad. This is good as the Gamepad dies between 2-3 hours of gameplay if the screen is on full brightness, which is the default. I leave the one that was included connected to the charging cradle, and have its cord run behind furniture so it isn't something I want to move back and forth. Also, Nintendo's charging cable is about $20, and has a power brick in the middle of the cable.

This cable just plugs into any USB port with power, and at 10 feet, it gives plenty of room to play, and even pass between players as needed. I use an iPhone wall adapter and plug this cable in. The plug is a snug fit, but that just keeps it from popping out.

I just wish it was available in black, as the black Wii U was the more popular of the two, and is what I have. I can definitely deal with a white cable at this price though! The Nintendo one is grey, not black, as well anyways.
on January 22, 2013
The Wii U Gamepad charging cable works as expected, and the length (10 feet) is definitely helpful for when you want to play and charge at the same time. You can plug the wire into the front of the Wii U or in any USB port. Good buy at a great price
on May 25, 2013
Cheap and perfect for what I needed. Better than the one that comes with the Wii U as you can plug it into the console itself. You can also just plug it into the wall using any old usb based phone charger ac.
on June 14, 2015
These are consistently the worst chargers you could possibly have, I will never buy them again. After ordering two, one broke and the other one randomly stopped charging. After exchanging the one that stopped working, the new one suddenly did the same after a few weeks. Don't waste your money.
on March 12, 2013
My dog chewed up the original power outlet for the wii U game pad. This was an exact match with what I needed.
on July 3, 2015
I have my Wii U sitting on top of my main gaming PC, which is connected to my main monitor via HDMI. Since my surge protector has 6 plugs, three being taken up by my monitors, one for my PC, one for my Wii U, and one for my backup drive, I used to have to disconnect my backup drive just to charge my Wii U gamepad.
This cable is exactly what I wanted-- no, exactly what I NEEDED! Now I charge my gamepad using the cradle dock on my desk through a USB port on the back of my PC (my PC stays on longer than my Wii U, so I plugged it into my PC so it charges when I'm not using my Wii U). Ever since I got this cable, I've never had to worry about my gamepad running out of battery. My setup is perfect now, thanks to this simple, inexpensive cord. Plus, taking my Wii U to a friend's house is easier now since I only have to carry one brick cable instead of two!
Oh, and the cable is really long too. If I wanted to I could just plug this into one of my USB wall chargers and still have plenty of cable left to use it at my desk comfortably.
on August 20, 2015
I was skeptical at first knowing full well that 3rd party Nintendo products are generally unreliable or simply below quality, but this USB charger has been so useful I practically never use the original adapter. I bought an external charger just to move freely around and has been a major convenience during my long sessions of playing Wii U. I just have it plugged in through one of the Wii U's USB slots or the external charger and suddenly the 2 hour battery life the gamepad has is nearly nonexistent.

Also if you are watching videos and aren't using the gamepad you can just leave it there without using it so it can charge so the next time you pick up to use it would be fully charged.
on March 8, 2016
Great product. It's MUCH longer than the OEM cable that came with the system, and the quality seems to be the same. I bought two of these for the price it would have cost for one from Nintendo. Easily reaches across the room to my daughter's bed.
on November 27, 2015
Purchased Oct. 5th, 2015 Cable isn't holding up well. Recently the cable only charges when positioned correctly. Seems to be a problem on the gamepad end, just behind the molded portion. I can get it to work, but doesn't stand up to wear & tear very well. I'm sure if you only plugged in when not using the gamepad it would hold up better as the cable wouldn't be stressed and moved around as the gamepad isn't immobilized.

Purchased 2nd cable end of Feb. 2016 due to the first purchased finally becoming unusable. This cable has already failed. I won't purchase another.