Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tommie Copper Knee Sleeve
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 8, 2013
I have a 30 year old injury that resulted in pretty painful arthritis in one knee. I love to golf but have resigned to riding in a cart as walking is off the menu. I can walk a hole or two before my knee tightens to the degree I cannot continue without pain and a noticeable limp. I have the support braces that have a more rigid design to stabilize the joint but those are bulky and uncomfortable. I bought this as purely a compression sleeve and it is the most comfortable sleeve that I have tried by far. Now for the results. I have had trouble completing a simple 3/4 mile walk with the dog without pain, this sleeve compresses just enough to keep fluid out to allow not only that but walking 18 holes is doable 9 is easy. While after two hours on my feet on the course I can feel some tightness it is manageable and I am delighted with that simple result. I know this is not some miracle and I will need surgery one day but it does make a difference. It's not a sport brace designed for stability of the joint but if you have the need for comfortable compression as I do this is the one.
33 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2013
I got two knee sleeves and wear them everyday. They have helped my knees even though I will need surgery one day. My cartledge is gone.
on November 9, 2013
i LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. It is comfortable and would recommend it to those who have had knee sugary at sometime before or is having knee problems. It works.
on November 14, 2013
Does provide support to the knee. Helps reduce the pain. I only wear it 6 to 8 hours a day.
on April 11, 2014
I am probably on my way to needing a knee replacement on both knees (within 5 years). Both knee's have gotten so 'achy' lately that it's woken me up several times and just throbs even when at rest. I've tried many different injections, cortisone, gel & even the homeopathic treatment prolotherapy. Prolotherapy helped for the longest but it gets expensive since it's not covered by insurance.

It took wearing these for 3 solid days before I noticed a big improvement. I haven't been woken up due to knee pain since. Yes, this is HUGE!! The ache is gone. I thought it might just be all 'in my head' so took them off after a few weeks to see how long it took before I noticed it getting worse, and it was about 2 days later, the ache and throb began again. So, they've been on pretty consistently since and it does reallly help. If I sound surprised, it's because I am. I didn't expect much from these but had to try something affordable.

The only problem is the elastic bands are not very durable. About a month of nearly constant usage the elastic bands are noticably weaker. The top and bottom elastic bands will not stay in place. The bottom rides up and the top falls down on both legs. I have washed (with gentle soap) these by hand and air dried them as recommended.
on March 12, 2014
May not work for everyone but worked for me. I had surgery to repair a torn ACL and it allows me to play competitive rec-league basketball again in short bursts of 45 minutes. From the first time i put it on i noticed a difference. It tingles in a pleasant way and provides pretty substantial support. I use this under a heavier hinged knee brace. It wicks away moisture pretty good. I recommend measuring your knee and using the sizing chart at the official website, and giving it a shot. You can always return it.
on November 5, 2013
The sleeve is snug-fitting and after 2 days my father has noticed an improvement in his walking and decrease in pain and discomfort.
on January 6, 2014
the knee sleeve did not work; however, the return process is what is the worst thing about dealing w/this company. since the sleeve did not work, they were returned; but, it was returned AFTER the return period allowed. no problem, they would just return the sleeves to me. well, that is the problem....it's been over a month and they have yet to return the sleeves. customer service is HORRIBLE. they promise me a return status w/in 24 hrs, and fail to ever contact me again. i've been in contact w/them every wk and continue to get the run around. i do not recommend dealing w/this company.
on November 17, 2013
Excellent product. Really helped my knees. Bought two for both knees. Does not slip down. Feels secure and comfortable. Would suggest to anyone.
on December 16, 2013
My wife bought this for me and I was really not interested in even trying it. After much persuasion I said I'd give it a try. At first I thought it was all in my head but this thing really worked on my knee. Without it I can'r stand or walk for more than a few minutes. I'm completely amazed and I even bought a second one for our winter home. We toss it in the washer and air dry it, I guess you can put it in the dryer, but I choose not to. This is definitely worth trying, give it at least 2 weeks, its not instant.