Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tommy Hilfiger Men's 1710294 Stainless Steel Watch with Brown Leather Band
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 6, 2012
The watch gave a clean and neat impression when I opened it. The leather is nice and deep dark brown in colour. I bought it for my brother as Christmas gift. My husband think it's nice too but definitely too big for a small built. (167cm 66kg)
The first thing I noticed was the bubbles on the sticker just like my earlier order Tommy Hilfiger 1790831 (Pls see that review too before you order any watch cause it's really in bad condition). So instantly, I knew, this was not a new watch and true enough, there was a thin 1 cm scratch line on the glass just above the lower chronograph. I'm really disappointed with Amazon for giving me another used watch. I will never buy any watch from Amazon, EVER! UNLESS THEY REFUND ME FULLY WITHOUT TAKING THE USED WATCH TO SELL TO OTHERS TO PROVE THEIR HONESTY AND SINCERITY.
review image
33 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2014
This is a nice watch. The face of the watch is very "sharp" and free of clutter. All the dials work properly and it appears to be keeping time accurately. The band is a dark, almost brown/black leather. It is comfortable to wear, but time will tell if the leather will hold out. Definitely a nice watch to wear with formal dress up and good to wear with slightly better than casual wear.
on March 17, 2013
When I set the time of my new watch I've done something wrong so that the day was always between two days, which is bad.
To fix this, you have first to investigate where the day is beeing changed by the clock. It does so in 2 steps for me. 1st step at around 02am and the 2nd step at around 04am.
You have to find the 2nd step by forwarding the time (clockwise).
If the clock did step 2, rotate the crown counter-clockwise and bring the time BEFORE the 2nd step. When turning the time counter clockwise, the watch won't turn back the day hand!
Now as you have turned the watch before the 2nd step, you can now turn it clockwise and bring it after the 2nd step. After that your day-hand will point exactly at the current day.
Sorry for my bad English, I am from Germany.
Ps: I wouldn't recommend to turn the watch counter-clockwise at all because it makes some weird sound and the timezone-cycle doesn't look happy as well with that.
44 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2015
First I want to say that I love this watch and have from the moment it came out of the box. I was concerned, reading some of the reviews, that I'd get a refurbished or used watch, but that was not the case. This was brand new. I also spent a lot of time (more than I probably should have) in choosing this watch from the hundreds available in many brands. For me, Tommy Hilfiger and Skagen offered much of the look I like.

I was torn between 4 or 5 stars, but settled on 4 because the watch does not seem to have a way to set the actual day of the week other than to spin the hour and minute until you get to the actual day of the week. If you keep in mind "30 days has September, April, June and November" you'll be doing this five times a year when you need to skip from 30 to 1...and more on February. I spoke to MOVADO's customer service (they service Tommy Hilfiger's watches) and that was the outcome. I find it strange that you can directly change everything else BUT the day of the week, but, so it is. Customer service, by the way, was superb both at Hilfiger and Movado. She did mention there are other watches that have this way of functioning.

The watch itself is really nice. It may be too big for some of you but for me, compared to Invicta's watches which are huge, this one was just fine. It also depends on your size. If you're a 6' 5" guy, go with large. If you're 5' 8" go smaller. Amazon shows the different sizes in the image and this may or may not be helpful, but if you have any doubts, I would suggest this for some idea:

Regular sized watches for men: 34-36 mm
Large (common these days): 44-48 mm
Big Ben gigantic (the watch will be pretty much wearing you): 50-54 mm

This Tommy Hilfiger watch is 44mm, so it is just at the low-large range.

I was originally concerned that I would not be able to see the minute and hour hands well, as all the stainless steel seemed to mesh in the image, but in real life, everything stands out great. I wanted a watch that I could use in casual settings without it looking like I was going skydiving or mountain climbing (or joining the military cast of Alien!), and this watch did it. It could almost go dressy, but I go with Skagen for that unless you want to spend more, in which case I'd recommend Hamilton watches. I have had a Hamilton for 22 years and they are superb, classic watches (and automatic).

The actual leather band is dark brown, almost black, so this is great if you want to use the watch with clothing and shoes that go either way. I usually prefer a black leather band because it goes with anything, but this one works, too. To put to rest a review comment I saw in here, the band is NOT reversible. Also, someone commented the band was cheap. It is not but eventually, as with all leather bands, it will wear out. You can just replace it. The band width is 22 mm. You can replace it at anytime by buying another one that size if you have the tools to do it yourself (I'd suggest you get some, also to change watch batteries with ease and save you time and money)...or go to a jewelry store that sells and replaces watch bands.
on February 28, 2014
Apparently, the metal part of the watch is very easily scratched, I put on a leather bracelet with the watch and the left side metal surface got completely marked. This issue really pisses me off, as cheaper watches, made by "inferior" brands I've had, didn't come near as close to this situation when metal resistance gets in question.
on October 9, 2014
I get compliments on this watch ALL the time. No scratches on the face after months of on and off wearing (almost daily). The little circular strap that holds the ACTUAL strap in place (the adjustable, sliding thing) broke off after a few months...but that is hardly a downside as I just sewed it back on and it's still there.

Need to adjust the day after every month (it's not one of the watches that knows if they month is 30/31) but this isn't a big deal as the bottom button does this.

Fantastic watch, goes with everything. I don't like flashy and this watch still grabs male and female attention in the classroom, out at bars, and even at the store. Great purchase!
on April 22, 2014
I got my boyfriend this watch for Christmas and he was extremely excited! He had wanted a watch like this for a long time so I was afraid I would miserably fail, but no, he loved it. The material is great and it works perfectly.
on July 29, 2013
Not all of us watch collectors are going to purchase $1000 watches. This watch is a GREAT size for a man and doesn't look small on your wrist at all. Second, the watch absolutely looks great, works very well, and I enjoy wearing it. I have had multiple positive comments on the watch, on how great it looked. I am very glad I purchased this watch, it just looks like its so much more expensive and does not have any cheap feel.

It just looks amazingly classy and I am so happy to have it in my collection.
on August 18, 2014
Exactly the style I was looking for, gets me nice comments also. It claims to be waterproof, and it has held up well when sailing in the Caribbean for 2 weeks, where it spent part of everyday day submerged in sea water (on my wrist). I haven't tested it deeper than 10' though.
on January 13, 2014
Very nice watch. Good for every day and it will wear into night as well . The only reason I didn't give it a five is it looks a little like its Dark Brown band. We thought it would be a Black band. My son kept it anyway, He really liked it.