Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Size: Medium|Color: Grey/Navy|Change
Price:$29.99 - $49.00

on December 17, 2011
Hilfiger boxer-briefs used to be some of the best men's underwear on the market. They were thick, soft, well-fitted, and had a superior waistband that never rolled over. They also were very durable and would last for years through hundreds of washings. As with most things these days, the new and improved version is a disappointment. They are thinner, stretchier, with a much narrower waistband worthy of Fruit of the Loom. Thread pulls began appearing after the second washing, so I doubt that these are going to last months let alone years. It is a crying shame that every time you finally find a product which is excellent, the manufacturer decides to "improve" it by cheapening the material and craftsmanship in order to increase their profits. Sad.
77 comments|210 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2014
I originally liked these, but they turned out to be much worse for me than I originally assumed. Refer to my pictures - The crotch wore out within a year, which is very disappointing. The sad thing is that the size is right for my waist. They fit very comfortably - not too tight. Though, it is worth mentioning that my thighs are a bit larger than normal for someone of my build...but if that's all it takes to tear large holes into these from simple day-to-day wear, then I would not recommend them in general.
review image review image review image
22 comments|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2015
Purchased my first set in Oct 2014. After using for over 6 months found them to be the best I have ever purchased. I purchased more in Apr 2015 and I am now VERY VERY disappointed. The most recent group where just crap and I am returning them. Every part of the garment was very inferior...my wife, without prompting noted the significant quality difference. Attached a photo of the labeling of each which, is very different. So I do have a question that the new bunch might be knock offs. The ones in the foreground are the "good ones." The photo shows the "bad" one's label; however, it is very difficult to read with the naked eye.
review image
on July 3, 2012
I gave this 5 stars before I received them because they were identical to the ones I bought from TJ max but when I received them and opened them they were not, now if you look at them and read the labels and logos they are identical but once you feel them and touch them you will know the difference, first those ones are just thin unlike the ones I bought from TJ max and those ones just feel more polyester than cotton even though they say they are %100 cotton and they also get loose and ride up, I feel mad how come same products made in the same place and at the same time different like day and night even though they are supposed to be the same quality, I am just disappointed since you really can't find decent boxer briefs these days that would stay tight and won't ride up and at the same time a bit thick and not thin to the point you can see through it, If i could return this I would since I paid more for these than the ones I bought from TJ max (TJ max doesn't have them anymore and the ones I bought were from the last that was available)
11 comment|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2013
This has always been my brand of boxer-briefs.. but several things have changed with these over the last couple years. The material is of lower quality than I am familiar with, thinner and not nearly as soft as previous versions. This newer version also has stitched seams inside the underwear that irritate you increasingly as the day wears on.

The size is the same size I have always bought, but even though I have lost a little weight since my last purchase, these seem to be a bit more restrictive due to the change in cut and stitching. After a few washes I am sure they will loosen up a bit... but, they have definitely changed over the years, so long time buyers should be aware that these are not the same underwear you may be familiar with.

I'll probably not buy again, and will start searching for a brand that is more comfortable, better quality material and stitching, and less restrictive.
on February 3, 2013
Tommy's boxer briefs used to be my favorites - they were soft and durable and comfortable and colorful. And as other reviewers have correctly noted, the latest batch are entirely different. Which is sad - they've ruined an otherwise amazing product. Alas.
on November 11, 2012
flimsy an light.. I wear Tommy hill underwear an these just don't cut it.. I thought I was getting a great deal but was disappointed..
on June 20, 2013
I have been using this product for 20 years and they have made them cheaper, thinner fabric and fit looser because of that. Disappointed they ruined a great product
on January 29, 2013
I ordered two 4-packs of these briefs. I have worn this brand and style for years, but I can definitely say that they have CHANGED in thickness from the 8 pair I ordered just two years ago. My old ones were made in Thailand. These were made in China (go figure) and they are a LOT thinner than my old ones. A side by side comparison with the older models show that Tommy Hilfiger went cheap. I don't expect the mileage to be as good on these as I could get from the older versions that were thicker. I can hold my hand under two year old versions of this underwear and not see my hand at all. With these that I just ordered, I can see my hand. Buyer beware. While they look the same, they are a much cheaper and thinner version.
on August 14, 2014
I've been buying from Amazon for several years now but this is my first review even though I've usually been very satisfied with my previous purchases. I usually wear Hugo Boss or Calvin Klein underwear, so this was my first pack of Tommy Hilfiger underwear. I almost bought some from the Macy's website but thought I might find a better price on Amazon, and I did. The underwear looks and feels great. The quality is excellent and they're really comfortable and don't ride up. I even wear these longer length boxer briefs as shorts with a long t-shirt around the house and no one can tell that they're underwear. I usually prefer underwear with a pouch area and without a fly but this Tommy Hilfiger style doesn't bother me at all. There are no uncomfortable extra seams along the rear that make your butt feel as if it's in a sling the way many other boxer briefs so illogically have. The band is comfortable, fits well and looks great. I bought two pairs of the 4 pack with two navy, one red and one white pair. I bought my 15 year old great nephew a 4 pack and I'm sure he'll love them because he prefers longer boxer briefs and compression shorts and liners to more conventional underwear. The bottom line (no pun intended) is that I highly recommend these boxer briefs. Try them, I'm sure you'll like them as much as I do.