5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased
I have worn this belt daily for almost a year and it still looks good and has remained in good condition. It seems to be very good for the price.
Published on November 23, 2011 by Charlie Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy from a brick and mortar store
Published on May 31, 2011 by W. L. Cummins

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy from a brick and mortar store, May 31, 2011
W. L. Cummins (Santa Cruz, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This belt ripped apart down the middle about a month after I received it. Amazon delivery was great, the belt seemed OK, although it was pretty stiff and didn't unwind easily after shipping, and I packed it for traveling a couple of days later. However, after three weeks of wear, the center ridge where the keeper clasps completely failed. Immediately after the first hole gave out, the next ones went like paper. What was worse, I was on vacation and had to make a special trip to find another black belt that fit. My feeling after closely scrutinizing the belt after it pulled apart is that the leather was dry and old and that this belt was probably long on the shelf (or hook), which is why it was such a good deal. If I had seen it in a store, I would have been able to tell that it was stiff and brittle because of its age, especially because I would have seen it next to newer, more pliable belts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor build quality, March 27, 2011
This review is from: Tommy Hilfiger Men's Braided Belt (Apparel)
This belt had a lot going for it-nice and thin, good width, soft. However, the front of the belt is falling apart already and it is brand new! I cannot recommend this belt because of this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, just don't expect it to hold your pants up, March 26, 2012
This review is from: Tommy Hilfiger Men's Braided Belt (Apparel)
I had the same problem another user reported: the center ridge broke, one hole after another. I myself would not have noticed that the leather was old if I had seen it in a store first. You expect quality goods from a big name maker. Even if it was old leather, I still blame shoddy design. It doesn't show in the photo very well, but the center ridge is pretty flimsily constructed, with not much actual leather creating the holes. I had a similar belt that wasn't as bulky from another brand (wish I could remember who!) that lasted a very long time because it was a better, more solidly designed center area. I only discarded that one because I the leather braiding eventually did submit to time and wear. In the end I am now wearing this belt for looks alone since it won't hold anything since it broke soon after buying. Until I receive the other belt from another brand that I ordered today, I'll hope my pants stay up.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, read the fine print, January 16, 2013
ordered one of these and it didn't last very long. Hoping it was a fluke, ordered another and it didn't last even 3 months. in both cases, the eyes (where the prong goes through) gets ripped very easily. try another spot? within a couple of weeks same issue. both belts experienced this. I believe it's a combination if it 1) the most stress being at the weakest point where the "braid" is thin, and 2) this material _is_not_leather_ - read the fine print: it's 20% leather and 80% "bonded leather". Bonded leather is basically teeny ground up leather bits/dust with a bunch of plastic, glue, and other cheaper bonding materials processed together. The other reviews about it ripping down the middle etc are the same issue I'm describing here.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cinch me up (for awhile anyway), April 28, 2012
Tommy Hilfiger seldom fails to satisfy. This is a solid, well constructed, and attractive belt. The leather is hard and so there isn't much give but on the other hand it should soften with age and should hold up well.

Update; Dec 22, 2012, the "loop" broke after a month or so. Turns out the "loop" or leather that holds the belt prong is not heavy enough and broke. Of course that was the most comfortable setting for me and so the belt is fairly useless now.

Update: July 6, 2013; I bought another one of these to determine if the first was a fluke. It wasn't. the loops on the second one broke just at the first one did after a few wearings. Changed my rating from 2 to 1. Note; I play golf and I suspect the twisting and core contraction is just too much for the belt loops.

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, November 23, 2011
Charlie Brown (Colorado Springs, CO United States) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Cheap, April 24, 2013
So Cheap the wholes for the buckle snap. Three snapped on the belt I got. Only lasted about thirty days.

5.0 out of 5 stars good looking, January 13, 2014
The belt is very good looking, a nice rich, dark brown, and appears to be sturdy. It is a thick, but supple.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Durability, September 12, 2013
This review is from: Tommy Hilfiger Men's Braided Belt (Apparel)
Six consecutive holes ripped through after only about two months of regular use. It was not being worn particularly tightly, the material is just far too weak.

1.0 out of 5 stars from 5 star to zero in 6 months, September 11, 2013
This review is from: Tommy Hilfiger Men's Braided Belt (Apparel)
first couple of months i would have mirrored many of the best reviews. looks good, the evenly spaced notches allow for very precise fit. but within 3 months the weave started to come undone. 2 months later the the separation between the notches started to rip. now, a total of 6 months, it's useless, garbage. perfect example of beautiful looking design that's made to the absolute lowest quality standaed.

Tommy Hilfiger Men's Braided Belt