5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic wallet!
Published on September 25, 2011 by Gabe

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this true Tommy Hilfiger's product?
Well. I bought a lot of items from Amazon. This one is the worse. Please look at my picture. It has a serious quality problem. I bought it a week ago. The leather peels off. It seems the leather and the color are not dry enough. Or the leather is false.
Published 6 months ago by Jianfeyyu

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic wallet!, September 25, 2011
This review is from: Tommy Hilfiger Men's Ranger Passcase Wallet (Apparel)
I don't write reviews often (actually this is my first review), but I felt like this deserved one. I've always hated wallets because I have to carry a lot of things in my pockets as it is, and the wallets I had before this one were big, fat, and left my pockets bulging so much that a pick-pocketer would salivate at the sight of them. I used a Slim Clip for a few years (like on the commercials), but I got sick of it rubbing off all the writing on my credit cards, so I finally decided to look for a good quality wallet that won't make my pants bulge.

This fit the bill perfectly. Let me get one thing out of the way right now: this isn't a big wallet. If you're looking for a wallet with lots of compartments for cards, ID's, coins, and anything else, look elsewhere. This has only 3 slots for credit cards, one slot for your ID, and I put one more card in the removable sleeves for pictures, which works fine for me. The advantage of the lack of compartments is that it's super thin. It's obviously not quite as thin as my Slim Clip was, but surprisingly it's not too far off.

Quality-wise, this thing is made great! It has that great leather feel with the Tommy Hilfiger logo sewn in on the front. I feel like this thing could last me years if I needed it to (and I probably will). The box it came in was also a foreshadowing of the quality of the wallet; it was cardboard with leather sewn in on the front. I almost didn't want to throw it away.

To conclude, if you want a wallet that can hold a huge number of cards and coins, keep looking. But if you want a thin wallet that'll hold cash and a few credit cards, and look great doing it, then buy this wallet. You won't be disappointed.

UPDATE: Two years later, and this wallet is still going strong! I fully expect this thing to last me another ten, twenty years if I want it to (and I likely will). They just don't make long-lasting products like this anymore. I would recommend this thing to anyone. I'll never need another wallet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this true Tommy Hilfiger's product?, April 9, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wallet, January 22, 2011
Mićko (Podgorica, Montenegro) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tommy Hilfiger Men's Ranger Passcase Wallet (Apparel)
This is a small type of wallet, just a few compartments for IDs and credit cards and one compartment for cash. Cool, simple and very stylish. I'm very happy with it, and you will be if you are looking to buy a wallet you want to keep in a back pocket of your jeans. It want make a bulge on your behind as it doesn't have that coin compartment, made of leather, in a nice box.

This would be an excellent gift for any guy!

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent quality and design, January 16, 2014
It's really a good wallet for students or office worker. Tommy Hilfiger is quite popular with young men all over the world but i don't think its wallet products are very suitable for Chinese. The RMB paper money is much wider than USD and when couples of RMB are put in the wallet, a little part of them will stick out. That's why i don't rate it 5 stars but 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy access wallet, May 1, 2011
Purchased this wallet to replace an ancient wallet I carried for years. This wallet comes with a removable sleeve which you can insert you ID in. Several slots for credit cards and a deep cash slot. So your cash doesn't show as much when looking in your wallet. Good leather feel with the Tommy Hilfiger sewn in. Not big and bulky, very flat and not to complicated. Just a very good quality leather wallet!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad quality! I don't recommend it to anyone, January 10, 2014
Length:: 0:22 Mins

It was a birthday gift for my friend. The box was high quality but when I opened it I was very dissapointed. The leather quality is very poor and the wallet doesn't looks so good in reality as on this pictures. It's not a good gift for a friend and even it's a shame to give this wallet to somebody as a gift. I didn't expected such a bad quality and not only the quality , but the look is much worse than on the pictures. It's very funny, but the leather quality of the box was even much better than the wallet leather quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars put-together kind of small, March 31, 2012
I read reviews about the wallet being small, but it's actually not that small. It would be if you carry around bulky kind of wallets. This one is put-together kind of small and takes notes without feeling they're stacked or jammed inside. Over all, it looks shiny, rich in color, and organized. Recommended purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars SMALL Wallet, September 3, 2011
They should really put this wallet in the kids section, cannot put more than a couple of cards in here and your DL with out the whole thing expanding at the seams. forget putting any money into this. Its made great, but small.

2.0 out of 5 stars Received with scratches, December 5, 2012
It is a great wallet but it came with many scratches which is unsatisfactory. I felt that I've been scammed.

3.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE OF FAKE WALLETS, August 22, 2014
BEWARE OF FAKE WALLETS

Here's the thing...I'm not sure to give this wallet 1 star or 5 stars---

When I received this wallet it was scratched and dirty. Honestly, I probably would have kept it if it had been clean cause I love the design and look. I sent for a replacement...2 days later received the second wallet and the quality is incomparable! The second wallet was not only spotless, but the leather felt silky, looked healthier, softer and just an overall better quality. Holding the two wallets side by side...it is very easy to tell which wallet is better....but they are supposedly the same wallet??????????

Buyers beware....you might be purchasing a fake wallet. I honestly would never had known if the first one wasn't so dirty. But the real thing is significantly better. Look at the stitching, if it is coming apart in certain places, if the leather feels like its good quality. I don't want to make people paranoid, but just beware. The differences are subtle, but noticeable. The fake wallet is lighter, more rigid, feels like it has a plastic coat.

In terms of the wallet itself...its gorgeous. It has an inner plastic insert to hold pictures or other cards that is removable. There are slots for 4 cards on the right leaflet. Its in my opinion, the perfect wallet....as long as you get the real thing!

Tommy Hilfiger Men's Ranger Passcase Wallet