Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tommy Hilfiger Men's Leather Ranger Passcase Wallet
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 9, 2014
Well. I bought a lot of items from Amazon. This one is the worse. Please look at my picture. It has a serious quality problem. I bought it a week ago. The leather peels off. It seems the leather and the color are not dry enough. Or the leather is false.
review image
0Comment|379 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2014
This is disappointing. When I open the pakage, i see a fancy box with a old-look wallet in it. It has a lot of dirt on it and even some scratches. Gonna return it.
review image
0Comment|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2015
I compared 4 wallets in about 3 hours:

1. Timberland Commuter Brown Bifold Leather Wallet
2. Alpine Swiss Men's Genuine Leather Wallet Slim Flip-out Bifold Black
3. Dockers Mens Extra Capacity Slimfold Leather Wallet, Black, One Size
4. HUSKK Leather Wallet for Men - Credit Card Sleeve Holder

This leather wallet is the the winner!

The longer version…background story I finally decided to replace the wallet my grandpa gave me about 20 years ago. I've replaced parts of it a few times now, and the leather is now so streatched, that cards keep falling out. My next wallet has a lot to live up to, so i bought four of them to compare. In my experiments, I put a full set of personal cards - and then a bunch of business cards and store cards too. I have a lot of cards.

1. TIMBERLAND: 2/5 stars - poor plastic attachment
excellent leather, suede-like, single, but neat stitching
spaces - fairly tight with 4 stacked pockets, but good
2 plastic pockets on flap, stitching already coming apart on plastic
8 inside pockets
2 spade spaces behind inside pockets
12 spaces + 1 bill space

2. Tommy Hilfiger 4/5 stars - flawed design
excellent leather + fabric, smooth glossy, stupid logo and red, white, and blue ribbon which will fray and break
spaces - very tight, credit cards cannot fit in some spaces, not enough give in the folds to close, cannot remove cards with one hand when full
1 strong, clear plastic space
5 pockets on the flap
2 inside pockets on the flap
4 normal pockets
2 spaces under normal pockets
14 spaces + 1 bill space
+ comes with a plastic photo/card holder insert if you want it

3. DOCKERS BIFOLD 3/5 stars - cheap feeling, but excellent size
cheap plasticy leather feel, cheap feeling plasticy fabric, smooth, nice embossed logo, double stiching on front
spaces - about perfect, can remove cards with one hand
3 left pockets
1 space under left pockets
3 flap pockets (left side)
1 space under flap pockets (left side)
1 strong plastic pocket on flap (right side)
3 right pockets
1 space under right pockets
12 spaces + 1 bill space

4. HUSKK Leather Wallet for Men 5/5 stars
excellent construction, like the HUSKK's bifold design, but overall much smaller profile, fits well in your hand
spaces are tight, but not too tight like the tommy pockets; excellent construction, minimalist design, exceptional leather
2 left pockets
1 money strap
1 of the pockets also has a clear ID window
fits a lot of cards and cash while staying super slim
comes with RFID blocking technology, which is awesome. Think it should be compulsory for all the wallets these days to prevent electronic theft and pick pocketing

Overall

- the Tommy Hilfiger is beautifully constructed, but flawed in the design - it would be very hard to actually use these wallets b/c some of the pockets don't fit normal credit cards. plus a bit bulky for me.
- the timberland wallet has nice leather, but the plastic is cheap and the overall construction is poor, with stitching broken out of the box
- the dockers wallet is slightly lighter and a millimeter shorter than the HUSKK's bifold, but the dockers construction is shabby at best
huskk’s wallet is an excellent and well sized. there is a difference b/w the two: there is a strap in one version for easy access to the cards, however I found that I can manage getting the card I need quite easily even without a strap; then there is RFID blocking coating tech; as well as metal strap vs leather cash strap and there is a transparent ID window on one of the versions. the design is very cool, subtle, not in your face.

Even though i’m a big fan of the huskk ones, I think one should try and ordering 2 of these together for a final verdict. You have nothing to loose, amazon has 30 day return policy.

Conclusion

The HUSKK's wallets are great! I'm going to try the bifold because it is bigger, holds more cards, and cards are easy to take in and out of it with one hand - but I may come back to the ultra slim version if I ditch some cards.

Packaging note: The packaging on all of these was off, the HUSKK wallet was the only one in a nice, premium yet subtle hard box with a nice inner pouch, see the packaging among their product images.
on December 6, 2014
Need much more Finish treatment effort in Stitch and Bonding areas with respect to brand name value, looks fake [imitation].
on January 16, 2014
It's really a good wallet for students or office worker. Tommy Hilfiger is quite popular with young men all over the world but i don't think its wallet products are very suitable for Chinese. The RMB paper money is much wider than USD and when couples of RMB are put in the wallet, a little part of them will stick out. That's why i don't rate it 5 stars but 4.
review image review image review image
33 comments|182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2011
I don't write reviews often (actually this is my first review), but I felt like this deserved one. I've always hated wallets because I have to carry a lot of things in my pockets as it is, and the wallets I had before this one were big, fat, and left my pockets bulging so much that a pick-pocketer would salivate at the sight of them. I used a Slim Clip for a few years (like on the commercials), but I got sick of it rubbing off all the writing on my credit cards, so I finally decided to look for a good quality wallet that won't make my pants bulge.

This fit the bill perfectly. Let me get one thing out of the way right now: this isn't a big wallet. If you're looking for a wallet with lots of compartments for cards, ID's, coins, and anything else, look elsewhere. This has only 3 slots for credit cards, one slot for your ID, and I put one more card in the removable sleeves for pictures, which works fine for me. The advantage of the lack of compartments is that it's super thin. It's obviously not quite as thin as my Slim Clip was, but surprisingly it's not too far off.

Quality-wise, this thing is made great! It has that great leather feel with the Tommy Hilfiger logo sewn in on the front. I feel like this thing could last me years if I needed it to (and I probably will). The box it came in was also a foreshadowing of the quality of the wallet; it was cardboard with leather sewn in on the front. I almost didn't want to throw it away.

To conclude, if you want a wallet that can hold a huge number of cards and coins, keep looking. But if you want a thin wallet that'll hold cash and a few credit cards, and look great doing it, then buy this wallet. You won't be disappointed.

UPDATE: Two years later, and this wallet is still going strong! I fully expect this thing to last me another ten, twenty years if I want it to (and I likely will). They just don't make long-lasting products like this anymore. I would recommend this thing to anyone. I'll never need another wallet.
33 comments|163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2014
It was a birthday gift for my friend. The box was high quality but when I opened it I was very dissapointed. The leather quality is very poor and the wallet doesn't looks so good in reality as on this pictures. It's not a good gift for a friend and even it's a shame to give this wallet to somebody as a gift. I didn't expected such a bad quality and not only the quality , but the look is much worse than on the pictures. It's very funny, but the leather quality of the box was even much better than the wallet leather quality.
77 comments|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2015
The picture provided on the product page is not comparable to the product that I received in the mail in terms of quality. The box that the wallet came in looks old and bent. The wallet itself is dusty and not in the greatest of conditions. Although this probably isn't a used wallet, it does, however, look like a wallet that has been sitting in the bottom of a clearance pile for years on end-- therefore giving it an old, dirty look. It comes complete with tattered edges, blemishes on the front and back. In addition, the plastic on the inside of the wallet for your ID is filled with dust particles that immediately alarms the customer (see picture provided). I would stay away from this purchase until the quality matter is fixed.
review image review image review image
on January 22, 2011
This is a small type of wallet, just a few compartments for IDs and credit cards and one compartment for cash. Cool, simple and very stylish. I'm very happy with it, and you will be if you are looking to buy a wallet you want to keep in a back pocket of your jeans. It want make a bulge on your behind as it doesn't have that coin compartment, made of leather, in a nice box.

This would be an excellent gift for any guy!
44 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2011
Purchased this wallet to replace an ancient wallet I carried for years. This wallet comes with a removable sleeve which you can insert you ID in. Several slots for credit cards and a deep cash slot. So your cash doesn't show as much when looking in your wallet. Good leather feel with the Tommy Hilfiger sewn in. Not big and bulky, very flat and not to complicated. Just a very good quality leather wallet!