Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
|Price:||$32.90 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$2.09 (6%)|
- Create Mii characters for people you know, such as your friends, parents, your teacher, plus anyone else you've ever dreamt of befriending
- Characters in Tomodachi Life act as living, relatable characters with a voice and a personality all their own
- Players become the director to their Mii characters' lives by helping them find love and happiness
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Make Miis of your favorite people and watch surprising things happen. What happens when friends, family, and celebrities become Mii characters and live on an island? Tomodachi Life—that’s what—and it’s exactly the type of crazy that memories are made of! Give Mii characters items, voices, and personalities, then watch as they rap, rock, eat donuts, fall in love, get denied, and have little Mii babies. Wait…WHAT?!
Create Mii characters, customize their voice and personality, dress them up, and decorate their apartments. Then watch as they come to life! They hang out, play concerts, engage in rap battles, hook up matchmaker-style, and even partake in cool games like Tomodachi Quest, a mini-RPG adventure. And when something really epic happens, take a picture and share it over Nintendo Image Share.* Or, send a baby Mii on a journey into your friend’s game with the StreetPass feature. Expect the unexpected because your Tomodachi Life is about to begin!
- Play fun games with Mii characters, give them gifts, and watch their relationships grow into something more
- Observe and participate in a vibrant world where unexpected things happen every day
- Create Mii characters, pick their personalities, ages, voices, and more
- Take pictures of your islanders and share them via Nintendo Image Share*
- Share Mii creations with friends locally or online* by creating a QR Code
*Wireless broadband Internet access required for online play. Go to support.nintendo.com for more info.
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Top Customer Reviews
- The character customization leads to some hilarious results
- Tons of items to collect and purchase
- Really cool features to unlock like the concert hall
- The fact that you can give each character their own voice
- The StreetPass features open up even more possibilities on the island.
- The Rap Battles are hilariously fun to watch
- Takes a while to get enough Miis' created for the game to really get fun
- Mini games need a bit more variation
- Voices take some tweaking at times in order to sound clear
Not many cons in this title though. So far I've had a rap battle between Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison, various hilarious news reports happening all day long, and Fox Mulder performing a metal song.Read more ›
I want to clarify my review a bit. Many gamers are going to look at this game as very similar to Animal Crossing, but this is not the case. This game relies on wacky interaction between the Miis, but you do not have direct control of any of the Miis like you do with your village avatar in Animal Crossing. More importantly, you won't spend hundreds of hours in this game like you would in Animal Crossing collecting money to repay Tom Nook, or upgrade your town. Despite this, Tomodachi Life is a great game for casual gameplay.
I got the early demo for this game and realized that I had to get this "game", which feels like it ought to be on iOS, or Android, or even Facebook, than the 3DS. As most reviewers have said, the game is a mix of Animal Crossing and The Sims, with really quirky humor. You are the proprietor of an island (which you get to name), and then you get to pick 30 Miis to invite to live on your island. You can get special Miis like Shaquille O'Neal (basketball player) or Christina Aguilera (singer) from the Nintendo's Tomodachi website. You can also import Miis from your Mii Maker, or by using the QR reader; but for some reason you can get the Miis from your friend list. Next you have to customize things like their personality, and even the sound of their voice. Nintendo gives you alot of options in the voice alone: type of voice (old person, young child), the tone, the quality and even the accent. You don't have to do this if you get the special Mii's from the Tomodachi website.
You don't control any Mii directly, instead you interact with them by handling their various requests - getting them food when they are hungry, playing games like Concentration (the game where you have to match pairs of cards).Read more ›
The Miis, which often make off-the-wall requests, have needs and requests, somewhat similar to those of The Sims, although curtailed. (As far as I know, if the player ignores his/her island for a long while, nothing detrimental will happen.) Tomodachi Life, while similar in premise, does not allow the player to move characters around freely like The Sims and Animal Crossing, choosing every action along the way.
Despite this, there's definite input to be found from the player. For example, a concert hall, where a player's islanders sing, contains pre-written songs; however, should the player wish, he/she can write an entirely new song from scratch. Further, the player has the option to customize all islanders, including their voices and clothes (it's great to hear Miis speak English!) It's features like these that make Tomodachi Life shine and a worthwhile purchase.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fast and got on time as they promised. Good quality and as it showen in the picture that's my opinion and my reviewPublished 11 days ago by Yousuf Ahmad Ali
So This was one of my first games I got on my 3ds and let me just say... I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! It is so much fun. Read morePublished 24 days ago by Amazon Customer