Top critical review
22 of 24 people found this helpful
Thick and sticky, but good where it fits
on April 16, 2012
UPDATE: After a couple of weeks, I've realized the secret for me to make this work is to pull the floss a lot tighter between my fingers. That enables it to slip in much easier and allows the fibers to then "scrub" the teeth. I guess I was too used to Glide! I like it much better now that I figured that part out.
I'm a fan of Tom's of Maine products and the company philosophy, so I was happy to see this product. But overall, I don't think I'd buy this again. Here are the pros and cons, so you can make your own judgment:
- Natural mint flavor is delicious
- Price is pretty fair for the 6 pack and yardage.
- Recycled packaging.
- If you can get the floss in, it does seem like the thick texture probably helps catch and clean out plaque.
- Texture of the floss is thick. It's noticeably more difficult to fit between my teeth than other brands I've tried.
- This floss shreds.
- My kids find it tough to use. They're young and we're still flossing their teeth, and we have to use more force to get it in there. They don't love that.
This might work for people who don't have dental work and/or closely spaced teeth, but for those of us who are used to more glide in our floss, this will take some getting used to.