Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Tomtom xxl GPS Cannot Find Streets without a City or Zip Code

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 30, 2011 7:21:48 AM PDT
SteveS says:
Up until recently I had Garmin GPSs the last one being the Garmin IQue 3600. When it finally gave up the ghost, I decided I was tired of Gramin and decided upon the Tomtom XXl 530 S. Its large uncluttered screen was a thing of beauty. Its voices were realistic. Its cross street names would be of significant help in my business. Compared to my old Garmin, It was nirvana...that is until I started using it in real case situations.

I live and work in a large metropolitan area. My profession is real-estate agent. I pride myself on being a top notch agent. I do this by finding exactly what my clients want. To do this, I drive my clients to each home. I rely heavily on my GPS to get us there quickly with the least hassle. I have found that spontaneity can sell houses.

I took for granted a feature of Garmin GPSs. This is being able to find streets without knowing a city or a zip code. I assumed all GPS systems had this feature. I was wrong. After three days with the Tomtom, I realized I was in serious trouble. After a phone call, I quickly went to Best Buy and bought a Garmin. nüvi 1450 Now, I'm so-to-say, back in the saddle.

If you are en emergency worker, a real-estate agent, a courier service or taxi driver, or any other profession where you have to rely on a GPS to find your way around, you cannot use the Tomtom to find streets unless you absolutely know the correct city name or the zip code. Many times, the city name provided by various agencies such as multiple listing services is wrong. Imagine my shame when my client whips out her Garmin from her purse and finds the street.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Mar 30, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2011

Search Customer Discussions