Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Multi|Change

on March 28, 2007
When our baby was first born it was fun to take pictures of him next to this inchworm because he was shorter than it. Now, at 5 months, he is longer than the inchworm and loves to roll over and "wrestle" with it. He is currently entertained by the various textures and fabrics on the inchworm, and I anticipate this being a toy that grows with him as he learns to make the music play, press the squeeky part, and learn his colors, numbers, and the measurement system! A very cool learning & development toy!
on December 20, 2013
BUYER BEWARE! If you want a geniune LaMaze inchworm this is -NOT- the real thing. Even the Lamaze tag is upside down and smaller than what the real thing comes with. The feet are green rather than brown. The colors on the segments don't match up. The stitching is terrible and the material is cheap. The music unit in the nose is oversized, protrudes and doesn't play the song the real unit plays (the real unit should play If "You're Happy And You Know It").. Here's where things get fun:

We identified the song this unit plays:
It's Jennifer Lopez's "On The Floor" Ft. Pitbull. from 2011.

Which was stolen. The sample from "On The Floor" actually originated from an Indian song called "Soch Na Kya" from the 1990 Indian movie "Ghayal".

... which was stolen from a famous French Brazilian song form 1989 called "Lambada" by the group Kaoma.

... which was also stolen. The melody from "Lambada" was taken from a 1986 Portuguese song called "Chorando Se Foi" by Marcia Ferreira.

... ... which was also stolen. The melody from "Chorando Se Foi" was taken directly from the original:
"Lloranda se fue" by Bolivian band Los Kharkas in 1981.

You've really outdone yourself this time, China. Honestly I'm not even mad. I'm actually impressed.

Seriously though I'd really love to get my money back and have this listing more clearly state that this is NOT in-fact a genuine LaMaze product.
44 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2013
The product I received was poor quality, didnt have the label of the brand attached. the fabric of the face was so transparent that you could see the motor for music. the music is not the same than the original INCHWORM from Lamaze. tHIS PRODUCT WAS NOT GOOD, something happened
on July 25, 2007
The lamaze toys are mostly the same so save bucks and don't buy too many. Crinkles, squeaks galore. It's not as long as my son and he's 6 months. He does like chewing on it but he likes chewing on almost anything. As another reviewer stated, it's a bit difficult to get the song to play. Still a fun tummy time toy though.
on December 29, 2007
It's a cute toy though it shouldn't be advertised as a "Musical Inchworm" because the music is not very impressive. The music is similar to that of low-quality greeting card. It's very quiet and tinny, and only turns on when the nose is pressed. The various segments of the inchworm has different senses inside, only one of them actually plays music.
44 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2013
Bought this toy for my kid as my nephew really liked his. But it doesn't play the song "if you are happy and you know it", instead it plays some cheesy Lambada song, which isn't very appropriate for kids. Amazon sent a replacement after we gave feedback, but the replacement still plays the same music. Suggest Amazon change the description or fix the problem with the supplier.
on December 29, 2013
No need to expand, as many others have already reported on the condition of this toy. It is a fake, and a poor one at that. I will not give this to my child, as I do not have confidence in it's quality. I am mostly dissapointed that Amazon would sell a product like this. This product is clearly being advertised as a Lamaze toy, and I assure you, it is not!
on December 22, 2013
The item took over 3 weeks to finally arrive and when it did arrive it was shoved into a 9" x 12" kraft envelope. The item was not in a package - there was no label saying what it was or what it did. I was buying this for my grandson. The pieces inside the inchworm that make noise were poking up - not through the material - but obvious enough that it didn't seem normal. I will not be giving this item to my grandson. I don't feel that the product is safe. And - since it didn't come in a package - it makes it look like it could be used. All in all - very disappointed with this product.
on December 16, 2009
We bought this for our son when he was 2 months old, and at that time he was completely mesmerised when we wiggled, squeaked and crunched it above his head. It stopped his grumbling straight away, and he smiled at it more than us! Now he is 4 months and it is still by far his favourite toy - he particularly loves the squeaking and rustling sounds - and he can now chew and cuddle it.
Other reviewers have said that the musical part doesn't work, or that the song is too short, but I haven't had that problem at all - in fact, our baby sets off the music just by chewing on the worm's head. I'm not sure if having toys that continually play tinny music is such a desirable thing, anyway. We bought this DESPITE the fact that it was musical, not because of it. Perhaps if you're looking for music, you should buy a CD.
I would highly recommend this for young babies, and I can see it remaining a favourite for a while to come. The best money we've spent so far.
on May 4, 2009
Lamaze products are amazing because they are so cute and colorful. The problem? They all seem to do the same thing. We received this as a gift and while its cute and cuddly its not a favorite. Like another person posted it can nicely be used to prop a child up for tummy time...and could be cute to take pictures of next to. But...we got two inchworms...and the other one we got the pieces actually come apart so you can connect the inchworm together & it sings. And while connecting the pieces is harder for a newborn to do (ok impossible!) it definitely grows with the child! My 2.5 year old is entertained by it and allows the two kids to play together...so...nix this worm and go look for the other one!