Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon October 12, 2011
Like most preschoolers, My 3 year old son caught the disney channel's Chuggington's Frenzy. We love the wooden train's line. The colors and details are pretty cool and seem durable. It has been dropped a few times on hard surfaces without any issues. All in All, the trains are a great toy.

The only reason I am not giving this a 5 star rating, is the compatablility issues with the Thomas/Brio/ Imaginarium sets. First of all, the chuggington's are bigger and bulkier, and take up most of the width of the tracks. The magnetic couplings are uneven and mismatched; the thomas train's upper part of the magnet would be just touching the lowest part of the chuggington's magnet, but they do still couple, and fit on the track. The Bridges however are the real problem. Chuggington's trains are also much taller and will not fit in the tunnels, or overpasses, or bridges for that matter which is extreamely frusterating to not only the kids, but also the parents who alreay invested alot of money in the thomas tracks. The only soulution is since all the tracks are compatable to piece together, is to make sure you buy some Chuggington ramps, bridges, and overpasses so all the trains can be played with together.
on August 27, 2011
I just bought this train this morning for my son. It's awesome...both my kids have been wanting to get chugginton but I was reluctant to buy another train set. I was so surprised to see a wooden version of this train in the bookstore, I bought one and the lady standing next to me also bought one. My kids haven't stopped playing with it. I have the Thomas beginners wooden set, Thomas travel sets, the Dinosaur train plastic set, the learning curve wooden table set and the geotrax portable zoo. So its always a bonus when I don't have to buy another entire set when my sons fancy a new train. I really appreciate the manufactures making the compatible with the other wooden sets.

It's durable, the colour is brillant and there are no sharp pointy edges. It is slightly larger than Thomas but the wheel base fits the wooden tracks perfectly. It also has the magnetic connectors that connects the freight cars which works well with Thomas and the other trains.

Kudos to you Learning Curve!

Sincerely,
A mother of two boys (2 and 3 years old)!
on July 26, 2012
Chuggington wood trains are really cute and full of color. Yes, they can be used on the Thomas wood tracks just fine. No they do not fit under other brands bridges and tunnels but I can not dock points for that after all they are their own company and are not related to the other companies. They have no obligation to fit other tracks. The train itself is perfect.
on December 23, 2015
My two year old son was given this as a gift and he loves it. He doesn't even know the Chuggington shows as I haven't seen them myself let alone shown them to him yet. But, he still loves this train.

He plays with it on his Thomas set. It's a little too big to go through some of the tunnels and bridges and such, but fits fine on the tracks.

It holds up well to his rough play and clearly has a look that appeals to at least my 2 year old.

It's a good train. In fact, a little too good. He lost his the other day so I had to buy another one because he was upset he was missing it. Thus, this review. :)
on February 15, 2014
I had been hoping these Chuggington trains would work well on our Thomas Wooden Railway, and although they do fit the tracks and the magnets work fine, they are a bit tall for accessories such as tunnels and bridges. Otherwise, it seems to be a well made toy.
on April 3, 2016
My two year old received this for his birthday. He has been watching Chuggington on Netflix over and over he loves it so much. He instantly recognized the Chuggington characters and has been playing with them non-stop. He has his favorites but still plays with them all. It is fun to watch him flip the trains to get the magnets to attach as you can she he's really thinking about things. I also like to watch how he plays and imagines different things.
on September 25, 2013
My son loves playing with his wooden Chuggington trains. They are hard to find anywhere so we started ordering them from Amazon and they are cheap and arrive in the mail quickly. He is so excited to get a new one and they are good quality and fit on his train table he already had. I just wish we could find more Chuggington items!
on January 10, 2013
My son loves Chugginton and trains. I was looking for something smaller that I could throw in the diaper bag and take anywhere. This is exactly what I needed. It's perfect to go anywhere, great size for his small hands. He loves it!
on April 14, 2016
My two year old son is in love with his Chuggington trains! The quality is on par with the price and left me very satisfied. The trains are a mix of plastic and wood and should last a long time. These were compatible with both our Thomas track and the cheaper track we also ordered from Amazon. All I can say is we have a highly satisfied two year old.. For now...
on August 18, 2015
Our kids love Chuggington! We have a Imaginarium train table from Toys R Us with the wooden tracks. It comes with pretty generic looking trains, which are great, but I wanted to incorporate some of their favorite characters, too. I was really excited to see that these worked on the track! We also purchased Koko and Wilson. So happy we found these :)