5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Infant Toy!
Mortimer the Moose was a hit with my daughter who is only 3 months old but VERY active and attentive.

The moose has so many nice colors to attract my daughter's attention. In fact, as soon as she saw the moose, she smiled and kicked.

Published on December 20, 2008 by Mighty Might

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but my baby wasn't interested
Published on July 18, 2010 by maher altayyara

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Infant Toy!, December 20, 2008
This review is from: Tomy Lamaze Play and Grow Take Along Toy, Mortimer the Moose (Baby Product)

Given the size of the moose (fairly large), it is not a problem for her to handle it since there are so many places she can hold on to. She is easily able to grip onto the mooses legs and/or "ring" tail (the tail of the moose is 2 textured rings, which makes for easier handling with little ones that have such small fingers).

The ears are gummy and great for teething babies. But for my 3 month old who has no teeth just yet, she is content to suck on the mouth of the moose which is soft, instead. The nice thing about this is I don't have to worry about the fur coming off and her choking on it.

This moose is wonderful for her motor skills. I like the fact that it is all-in-one--a chew toy (ears are gummy); a rattle (2 hoofs rattle), a crinkler (two hoofs crinkle when squeezed); has play rings (tail is made up of 2 colorful, textured rings); a stuffed animal (something to hold that's soft and cuddly); the scarf crinkles; the body of the moose has a squeak toy inside, so when you press the body it makes a squeaking noise; and last but not least, it even has a hook (ring shaped with opening) to allow you to hang the moose any where you'd like.

For the price, it's a wonderful gift, a great deal and will sure to be a hit with the infants! (BTW, even my 3 year old loved it!)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but my baby wasn't interested, July 18, 2010
I bought 4 Lamaze toys based on their 5 stars reviews, Buzz the Bug, Freddie the Firefly, Mortimer the Moose, and Jacques the Peacock. They are all beautiful and good quality and all have teething rings, squeakers, crinkles, and rattles. BUT to be honest Jacques the Peacock beats them all so easily, my baby only cares about jack. When she was born I show her the High contrast Black and White dots on jack's wings, and she was so mesmerized for several minutes.. While I agree that all Lamaze baby products are good and worth buying, but I think 1 or 2 is enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy!, January 24, 2008
JadeBailey24 (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) - See all my reviews
This is one of my 5 month old's favorite toys. It keeps his attention for a good amount of time. He loves the crinkle sounds and teething antlers. I love that it comes with an attachment hook, making it very easy not to lose. It has a high cute factor too. I would definitely recommend Morti to any friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have, November 25, 2008
CAKE (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This is my 8 month old sons favorite animal/toy hands down. I can always take it with us and not have to worry about him getting bored. He's loved it since we got it for him when he was three months old, and though it has lost some of its novelty, he still enjoys playing with the textures, and finds comfort in having him around.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but large toy, February 2, 2009
This toy is really cute and makes great sounds, but my 4 month old has a hard time grabbing most parts of it. The tail has rings that she can grab, but the hooves are rather large, she tries to grab the feet part instead of the legs. The antlers that appear to be good to gnaw on are not all that easy for my daughter to get her mouth on, plus I worry about the pointier edges. Although this is cute, bright, and has lots of different materials, there are better toys.

UPDATE: Now that my daughter is closer to 9 months, she is loving this toy. She grabs the hooves and swings it around and really enjoys the rings on the tail.

4.0 out of 5 stars Moose! Moose! Moose!, February 27, 2009
Although this toy doesn't hold my son's attention as much as Freddie the Firefly does, he still smiles and coos and giggles whenever he sees it. Definitely a cute toy that I'm sure that he'll enjoy more when he's a bit older.

5.0 out of 5 stars motimer the moose, March 11, 2008
The moose has ears for teething, the feet have crackle in two hoofs and bells in two hoofs. the tail has two rings which can also be chewed on - very nice. It also can be hooked on things.

5.0 out of 5 stars This toy brought many hours of happiness to my baby, September 1, 2011
While I was sorting through my 18 month old daughter's toys today, I came across her Mortimer the Moose. It dawned on me that she hadn't played with him now for the past two months and he's probably now ready to be passed along to her cousin who will be born in a couple months. This toy brought back so many memories of the past year. My little girl loved this thing like crazy. He had come to us from a friend's baby who outgrew him. She had this moose along with Freddie the Firefly and they came with us everywhere we went. There were so many things she could do with the toys (crinkle, gnaw, shake, pull, etc) that she never became bored or fussed - no matter how boring our outing was. I don't know how we would have managed trips to the DMV, tax preparer, doctors visits, etc without these toys.

Although this toy was well loved by two little ones, he has held up. I'm kind of a germ-phobe so this toy had gone through the wash quite a few times. While he doesn't look brand new anymore, I would definitely think he could go through a couple more babies before heading off into retirement. He's definitely well worth the investment!

3.0 out of 5 stars Kai's second favorite, January 11, 2009
Mortimer is my son's second favorite. He is soft and likes the surprise squeek when he squeezes Mort's middle. Kai likes to sit and "talk" to Mort about the days events. His legs are nice and skinney so that they are easy for little hands just learnig how to grab to hold on to. The only draw back for me is that while the antlers are great for teething I find that he can get most of it in his mouth and choke himself. I like Mort but I am not far from my son when he is chewing on him.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the Lamaze toys, October 11, 2009
Beka (Stockton, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought Lamaze Patty the Panda and Lamaze Jacques the Peacock in addition to Lamaze Mortimer the Moose. My 4-month old is interested in all of her Lamaze toys, but if you are only going to buy one, I definitely recommend the moose. My baby is fascinated by the moose, he has a soft body, rubber antlers and his feet dangle, with brightly colored ends and bells.