5.0 out of 5 stars So many levels of fun!
Published on October 25, 2000 by Maia T.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured!
Published on April 29, 2011 by Angela J Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars So many levels of fun!, October 25, 2000
Maia T. (West Chester, PA) - See all my reviews
My daughter (now 22 months) has enjoyed these since she was a year old. This is one smart toy! The eggs come apart and inside is a colored egg that squeaks when you push it. That was the primary source of fun at first. As my daughter's coordination improved, she became interested in putting the "hats" back on top each egg. Now she likes to try and put each egg in its proper space - the bottom of each egg has a protrouding star, circle, etc. that fits in the matching star, circle, etc. in the bottom of the egg carton. As she gets even older, I'm sure she will enjoy matching the unique eyes/mouth on each colored with the coordinating top. I am so impressed with how this grows with her, but most importantly, every single kid who comes over to our house goes nuts about this toy. There is something wonderful about it, and for [the money], it can't be beat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of Fun and excitement for my 8 month old!, November 27, 1999
By A Customer
My son could not wait for me to get this out of the box. He LOVES dumping the eggs out and taking them with him when he walks or crawls. He smiles when they "peep" at him. He even looks worried if his father and I are playing with the eggs without him. Without a doubt one of the best toys we've ever bought.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured!, April 29, 2011
Angela J Holmes (El Paso, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hide N Squeak Eggs (Toy)
I just received this to replace an earlier set I had. That set is also shown on Amazon, and is much duller in color and variety. However, this newer set I received is identical to that one. It has three colors for the six chicks, and the outside egg faces are all in brown. I wanted this set because it appears the company has improved on it with six different colors on the chicks and matching face colors on the egg toppers. My biggest frustration is receiving an item that is so different from the representation in the pictures. I suspect that this page shows the newer version, but the older version is being shipped out until it is gone.

Sept. 3, 2012 Update:
I think I've figured out the mystery! The other, more colorful, set is the version sold in the UK. Both a UK YouTube video and the UK's Toys R Us website show the set with six bright colors. Bummer!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great easter gift, August 30, 2001
This was given to my son for easter. The age says 12 months + but I think it is more for like 18 months. However this toy has many levels. First it has cute eggs which sort of squek. Not really though it is a [terrible] squeak. Then it has very shape sorting properties. Each egg has a different face on it which matches to a certain shell. Also the bottoms of the egss have shapes like stars and hearts which only fit into certain spot on the container. It is really cute and a great toy

4.0 out of 5 stars So surprised by what a hit this is!, August 17, 2008
Amy O "sista411" (Swampscott, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This was a gift to my 18 month old. She has loved it since we opened it. My 4yo really likes it too. There a a few levels of play with this. Little one likes to make them "peep peep". Big one likes to match the egg shells to the right face. I wouldn't have chosen this, but am so happy we have it. I'd give it as a gift for sure. Probably for kids 1-2, and it will stick with them for a while.
My only disappointment is how difficult it is to open the carton. Neither kids can do it, and I struggle with it too. It's awkward and hard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good First Year Birthday Present, February 11, 2011
This review is from: Hide N Squeak Eggs (Toy)
Got this for my granddaughter's first birthday. She has lots of fun putting the eggs in and out of the egg carton; pushing them up and down so that they "peep" and taking the egg tops off and then putting them back on. Her little finger can push the eggs up and down without any problem to make the "peep". The tops of the eggs fit all eggs. As she gets older, she can advance to match the top of the egg face with the face on the chicken. Also, there are shapes on the bottom of the eggs that must be matched with the shape on the bottom of the carton. Good buy. A different toy for her, as she has other baby toys from her older two brothers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly great toy -- good for travel, August 27, 2001
By A Customer
My son (now 16 mos)got this as a 1st birthday present and he absolutely loves it. It's compact case makes it a standard toy for all our trips. There are layers of enjoyment to match his development -- from opening and closing the egg carton, to spinning the egg shells and making the chicks chirp. He hasn't yet learned about the shape sorting or face matching, so there's more fun to come. A great gift and a great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars DESERVES SECOND RATING!, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Hide N Squeak Eggs (Toy)
I bought this toy for my daughter when she turned one, that was three years ago! I thought it was great then, but I just had to come back and write again for a second time how great this toy is!!! When she was one, she loved the eggs because they squeaked, or peep peeped, and open and closed. Now that she is three, she still plays with these eggs, because they've grown with her, for example, now she matches the right egg to it's own shape in the carton, and even makes sure their eyes match. I guess she is alittle overboard on making sure each egg is in its proper place with it's right eyes on, so for those looking for a great little toy that grows with your child, this is it. It's been played with everyday for three years. It is also one that is great to take along to another's house to share and play with.

5.0 out of 5 stars An "egg-cellent" toy!, August 7, 2000
By A Customer
My daughter has had this toy for almost a year (she got it for Christmas when she was 14 months old) and she is still having a ball with it. There are so many things that it can teach: matching (the eggs have a face that matches the face of the chick inside), fine motor (the eggshells have "serrated" edges that fit together), shape recognition (the bottom of the eggs have a shape like a heart or a star that fits in the matching shape in the base of the carton like a puzzle) and just plain fun (the eggs come apart and there is a chick inside that gives a little squeak when you push it down). They come in a nice little blue "egg carton" that snaps closed. They could also be used for imaginative play for groceries or cooking. A great little toy all around.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, October 25, 2011
This review is from: Hide N Squeak Eggs (Toy)
The picture shows colorful egg faces and 6 different colored chicks. I received eggs with dull brown faces and 3 dull colored chicks. And they dont really make much of a squeaking noise. Will be returning it.

Hide N Squeak Eggs