Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tongue Sweeper Model P Stainless Steel Tongue Cleaner used and recommended by leading Dental Schools
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 10, 2010
i've tried a few different tongue scrapers and this one works by far the best. my first one was a dentek. after a little use, the head snapped right off. i got a similar plastic one called "the tongue cleaner," and the scraping is good but the head is very fat, so it's hard to reach the very back of your tongue. next i got one made by GUM, it has a dual scraper and 2 rows of little brushes on the other side. the head is skinnier, but the scraping edges are very round and soft, so it doesn't do much scraping. and the brushes are too soft to do much either. however the handle is very nice..
the tongue sweeper is on the small side, about 3 inches shorter than my oral b toothbrush. that'd be good for kids. it's not hard to use but i prefer the longer and thicker rubber handle on the GUM one.
the head on the tongue sweeper is small so it's very good for reaching the back of the tongue. and the edge is just sharp enough to clean the tongue well but still rounded enough so it doesn't hurt at all.
check out the picture i posted of my tongue sweeper.
review image review image review image
on August 10, 2009
I was told several years ago by my Dentist about the value of using a tongue scrapper since then I have had several, I have never found one that I have been totally happy with until now. Other brand usually have rough edges or are made out of a lower quality plastic that looses it shape after cleaning in hot water. The Scraper id like a medical instrument, it is made to the highest standard and I feel it will be the last one I will need. The ability to even pout it in the dishwasher without and damage allows me to clean it to a more sanitary level that plastic one. I highly recommend it to any one.
44 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2011
I was excited to try a metal tongue scraper especially after reading the others' glowing reviews. After several weeks of using this product, I give this a "thumbs down." Although I like the fact that it will not likely break/snap easily like some of my excellent plastic scrapers of the past, this item does not have enough "bite" to cleanly scrape the tongue very well. Perhaps I know too much about this for my good but I have bought MANY plastic tongue scrapers that have been very 'crappy' (i.e. like the DENTEK ones sold everywhere). I would place this tongue scraper above the crappy plastic ones. Recently, I have also purchased the "Tongue Cleaner Cobalt Blue by Tongue Cleaner Company" for comparison. And the Tongue Cleaner wins out. This metal scraper has fallen out of use for me and has joined the other hardly-used items in a drawer of things that I don't want to throw away just yet.
33 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2011
First off, I hope i keep this tongue cleaner as long as i can. I lost my previous tongue cleaner in a recent house move and had to deal with bad breath for a while. The reason was I couldnt find my previous favorite style (amazon carries it, its the pureline tongue cleaner) sold at my local super markets. I found my self on amazon reading the reviews of each tongue cleaner and took a chance with this stainless steel design. It was helpful lookin at the pictures provided by the reviewer "joe". So much thanks to him for uploading.

I took a chance even though it was a bit pricey compared to the plastic design i was used to before, but I am glad i did. It wont lose its edge with time like my previous one and i wont have to worry about cleaning it or tapping it on the side of the sink. The edge is prefect for my liking and doesnt hurt or feel rough. The metal thickness doesnt feel too thin or thick and isnt super heavy or light. I did not gag. I was able to focus on areas in my tongue instead of the jumbo plastic design and it certainly does not bend like other rubber plastic cleaners. I think if you want a long lasting durable cleaner you should give this a chance. I like this tongue cleaner a lot and wont lose it.
on January 18, 2012
This was my first tongue scrapper, when it first arrived I tried it out immediately and expecting to scrape off a layer of tongue sludge, all I got was a little saliva. From that point onward I wrote the tongue scrapper off as useless, something for paranoid people.

It wasn't till nearly a month later that I had a funny taste in my mouth. A taste that had been there for a couple days, it had given me bad breath as well. I tried rigorously brushing my tongue with a toothbrush, intensely rinsing with mouthwash and flossing with no success.

Finally I remembered the tongue scrapper I had previously written off. With the first scrap I was grossed out at the thick and nasty horrid smelling substance that previously had occupied my tongue. The funny taste and my bad breath were immediately gone.

After that experience I am a believer that this is a necessary tool for oral hygiene. The quality of the scrapper is excellent, its nice and smooth, no rough edges. I imagine this model to be better than the plastic ones solely for its shear strength, I usually apply a lot of force when scrapping for maximum tongue crud removal. Easy to clean, I just thoroughly rinse it after I'm done and its good to go.

I have heard others say this model prevents gagging, as a person who it prone to gagging I can say that this product does in fact induce gagging. I can't say whether it does so less than other manufactures as this is my first tongue scrapper. Its not impossible to use though, I can get most of my tongue clean without gagging. Only the last quarter of my tongue is difficult to clean, I just have to be a big boy for a few minutes and gag while I clean my tongue.

So what are you waiting for? This is an indispensable item for anyone who appreciates oral hygiene, WHICH SHOULD BE EVERYONE! Buy it, you won't regret it :)
on February 27, 2010
Tongue-scraping is a useful procedure for anyone whose tongue is visibly coated, and wants better oral hygiene.

I have a particularly sensitive gag reflex, however, and this has made other scrapers unusable for me.

This simple 'Tongue Sweeper', however, works for me with little or no gagging.

I recommend it highly.
on May 14, 2015
I have another tongue scraper that I like but it is plastic this one is even better but costs more; however it is well worth it. Dental hygiene and bad breath are to be taken seriously they can make or break business deals etc. Anyway, this device does a great job of cleaning the Lingual papillae of the tongue (see pic) this is the top surface of the tongue which easily grabs onto and holds all sorts of particles that come into the mouth. What is different about this device is that one can get way to the back of the tongue without causing the gag reflex to occur so you can clean a lot more surface area of the tongue as compared to other tongue cleaners. I think this device is well worth the price and I wish I had gotten it sooner. This would make a great gift as long as the person is mature enough to understand that you do not think they have bad breath. It should actually be recommended by all dentists.
review image
on June 1, 2009
Cheap plastic scrapers require more effort to be effective, causing gagging. This one is easier and more effective.
on March 20, 2010
I do not like cleaning the tongue only because I always end up gagging..this has been lessened that and it is a very good tongue
cleaner. SO glad I got this.
on January 25, 2016
This stainless steel tongue scraper is, by far, superior to all plastic tongue scrapers. It's a must-buy! Since I've started using it, I've noticed that my breath smells fresher and my tongue feels better than ever. I can't go a single day without using this thing. It's now part of my morning and evening dental routine:

1) Use this Tongue Scraper
2) Floss with DenTek Complete Clean Easy Reach Floss Picks ( Another must-buy ).
3) Listerine for 60 Seconds
4) Use Ultrasonic Tooth Brush for minimum of 2 minutes.

I do the above morning and night ( and occasionally floss and brush after meals ) and always receive great compliments on my teeth. I never have bad breath, and dental hygienists always compliment my teeth - they complain that there is no plaque for them to scrape away!

The Pros:
- Painless, effective tongue scraping.
- Good reach - easy to get back of the tongue.
- Good design - head allows for scraping of top and sides of tongue.
- Sturdy - won't snap, bend, or break like similar plastic scrapers.
- Helps with bad breath.

The Cons:
- Shape of scraper head is conducive to buildup. I occasionally have to manually scrape away buildup from the head of the scraper.