Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tonka Retro Classic Steel Mighty Dump Truck (the color of the stickering may vary)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on December 6, 2013
Is there nothing made of solid metal anymore?? The truck bed and part of the cab are sheet metal. The remainder of the truck is plastic. They don't make 'em like they used to. Although, still a nice toy.
on February 18, 2015
I give this item one star because the title is totally misleading ( the only part that is metal is the dump bed ), the rest of it is plastic ! And being mostly plastic, I think that it is way over priced !
I had Tonka trucks when I was little and was hard on them ( used to sit on the dump-truck and ride it down the hill ) and it and the rest of them endured 40 years ( other children have them now ) I also bought my nephew some Tonka's back in 1994 and they are all metal and I have them tobthis day and are in graet shape and now my grand-nephew is playing with them.l I just didn't have a dump-truck for him so I seen this on here saying "classic metal Tonka" and I jumped on it thinking that it would be all metal and last forever just like my old one has. Very dissappointed with the new Tonka's
on December 11, 2013
not what is described the only metal on this tonka truck is the bed the rest is plastic a little misleading
on June 11, 2015
My grandson loves it!
review image
on November 27, 2013
Every Boy should own a Tonka Truck and a Dog. This is supposed to be the Steel Anniversary Edition - it's better than some of the new cheapy plastic versions I've seen, but still not nearly as good as the old ones we had as kids that are still much loved and played with at my parents house. I wish it was a true throwback, real steel, heavy duty tires and the works. But from what I've seen it is the best option, unless you can find on from the 1980s or older.
on January 14, 2013
loved it just like i did all of the others, except for the plastic parts on it. did not like that!!
on November 9, 2015
Purchased this for my grandson. I wanted him to have some of the toys that I had when I was a child.. Great looking toy, but I expected it to have been made of the same amount of steel as the originals. I was disappointed to find that some parts that used to be made of metal were plastic. The bed is steel, but the cab and other parts are plastic, decals where they used to paint on the lables.. I'm sure it will not matter to him, it still looks very durable.. It is just not the same as the old ones...
on January 5, 2016
Was the hit present for my 2 1/2 year old grandson this Christmas. He immediately yelled DUMPTRUCK! when he opened then proceeded to push it all over the house.
All of us loved it for the retro look of Tonka trucks long ago.
Made super sturdy, in fact while we opened gifts Sully took a break from playing and sat in the open back area no problems!
I am so happy I went for the classic- he obviously loves it and that makes this Grandma happy- I will buy another Tonka truck, maybe a fire truck for his birthday!
on August 28, 2015
Maybe 50 percent is Metal. Not exactly the "Classic Steel" as indicated in the description. We all know what the Classic Steel model should be. Regardless, it is a very sturdy truck. My 2 year old boy has test the limits of the design. It has survived countless full launches down the stairs on hard wood, full standing and loading by multiple kids in the back. Jumping on, riding in... you name it. No damage except to my house walls. He loves it and is not aware of the original Tonka truck we all know...
on November 29, 2015
Awesome for the grandson. He plays with this truck every time he's over. He loves it so much he wants to bring it into the house. He lifts the bed and sits on the frame in between the cab and the bed and rolls it around. He looks like a Tonka snail on wheels. This truck has taken a beating with the large rocks that he drops into the bed. He's not nice or gentle with this truck. This is worth the money.