Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tony Lama Men's Smooth Ostrich Western Boot Round Toe
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on March 15, 2013
I bought my Tony Lama CT871 Ostrich boots about 10 years ago, when BootTown was going out of business in Houston. I had never owned a pair of Ostrich boots, and had always heard how comfortable they are. This is no lie. The boots were comfortable from the moment I put them on. As I recall, there was not a long break-in period, either, like you might experience with other boots.

With regard to another review of this item, you have to know your boots when you buy online. These boots are described as "smooth ostrich", not "full quill ostrich". So, don't buy them thinking they will have prominent bumps. To be sure, there are bumps, but they are small to non-existent.

When I bought mine, I had heard the term "socks with soles" to describe Ostrich boots... this is so true, and I still wear mine regularly after all this time. Note that like any other western boot, you will need to care for them and get the soles/heels replaced as needed, but if you take care of them they will last quite a long time.
on December 24, 2014
Tony Llama boots fit my style of foot very well. I have high arch and it is difficult to find cowboy boots that really fit nice. This is my second pair of the Tony Llama Ostrich boots and they are extremely comfortable and surprisingly long lasting. Great boot.
on December 7, 2013
Not the manufacturers fault, but they didn't fit my husband. Wish he didn't have clown feet :( Anyway, easy return and now on the hunt for a larger size.
on November 25, 2014
Smooth, yes very smooth could be cowhide! Not 1 quill mark on either pair nothing at all like the picture.'
If you want ostrich boots keep looking these are not the ones for you. I was a sucker, hope your not.

Brad Becker
USMC Retired
on September 16, 2014
Was sized exactly the same as Dan Post boots. Tony Lama run on the narrow side, but that was not the case for these boots.
on May 1, 2014
I had tried on this boot in a different style of leather, found exactly what I wanted on Amazon.com, thank you
on November 13, 2014
the boot on display is a pointed toe boot also the display boot did not say it was a round toe, after receiving the boot it is a round did not want a round toe . fooled by the display.
on January 6, 2015
These boots are wonderful! My son was thrilled to open these up and was so surprised and Delighted. They fit well and are all that was promised.
on November 8, 2014
These are nice boots for the money. They are a smooth skin Ostrich so don't expect the bumps like a Quill Ostrich boot.
on February 8, 2015
They were for my husband and he absolutely loves them and he is very difficult to buy shoes for. They are wonderful.

See 1 answered question