Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Too Close
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Price:$1.29

on May 31, 2012
This song is the dubstep remake of the original Too Close, and is the one many people have seen on youtube, as the background music for advertising the new IE browser.
on October 8, 2012
First, it's a great song.

I first heard it (like many others) on the Internet Explorer 9 commercial (check it out here: [...]).

I was immediately hooked on the song - great beat, and the artist (Alex Clare) is a great singer.

Mainly though, since you've probably heard the song, you might be wondering about the ease of use getting this Amazon MP3 downloaded and transferred to iTunes. It's not hard, Amazon makes it pretty painless to buy the song, download it (using the Amazon MP3 Downloaded, which you have to download - the only bad part...but it's free), and it automatically sends it to iTunes. Pretty easy, I'm surprised that the transition was that smooth.

If you're a regular iTunes user (like me), you might be wondering if you can get both Amazon and iTunes music on the same app - which you can, and on many songs, Amazon is cheaper than iTunes. Not a huge savings, but $1.29 vs. $0.99 can be a big difference when you buy a lot of music - plus, sometimes Amazon gives you a small MP3 credit to use when buying certain products of theirs as a promotion. It gets you using their system, which is slightly cheaper and just as easy as iTunes. Plus, you can listen to the music you buy on your Amazon account anywhere you have internet - it stores it on the Amazon Cloud Player for ease of use.

Thanks Amazon and Apple for a smooth transition between Amazon MP3 and iTunes!
on May 19, 2013
I really like the whole rating thing. It gives me a chance to get a lot of varying opinions and experiences with various products. However, in my opinion it really doesn't work with music. Perhaps if you're a music "snob", but for most of us music is extremely subjective - you either like it or you don't. So it drives me crazy to have to write 20 (or more) words rating a song. But I did, because it won't let me just give a "star" rating. Anyway, I love this song!
on November 21, 2012
Alex Clare's "Too Close" is a song I've heard on commercials and at the end of the movie 'Taken 2' and I just had to have it. It kept getting stuck in my head and I finally tracked it down and purchased it and I certainly didn't regret it! This song has all of Alex Clare's best element, in my opinion. His great voice, passionate lyrics and soaring instrumental combine perfectly while even taking a bit of a dubstep element and making it sound like it truly belongs in his alternative style. This is a great stand-alone track, but I was curious and had to find his album. This song isn't too indicative of what the rest of his album would be like: you could love this song and not like the album, but hey, I'm grateful for this song in any case.
on November 16, 2013
I first heard this song at the end of Taken 2. I knew instantly that I would want to hear it again and again. It's a really great song, and if you like it, I suggest starting with this one only (I wasn't as much of a fan of the rest of the album).
on December 28, 2012
this is a good song, i like the sound he has, like the emotion and subject matter. the video to it is really weird though, i don't watch music videos though, i don't like them so i prefer not to, and this one in particular is juts weird and ruins the song for me. but i do love the song on its own.
on December 29, 2012
Ordered this online and have the Amazon Cloud installed on my computer, yet I have tried repeatedly to download this song to my desktop without success. I have purchased numerous tracks before using this method and had no issues. I'm not sure what went wrong with this purchase but I will not try purchasing another track this way, I will download from itunes going forward.
on September 7, 2012
it's one of those songs that i loved instantly the first time i heard it (like soul sister by train and chasing cars by snow patrol). it's like, once you heard it, you just can't get it out of your head. the lyrics is kind of sentimental but the rhythm and tempo is upbeat and fast enough that i can listen to it while on the treadmill without really slowing me down.
on November 10, 2012
Good Job Alex
love to listen to this while driving - more motivation than a Red Bull
(when plugging this into Pandora, surprised it doesn't play songs with just as much energy...guessing it doesn't take the commercial's visuals into account)

nice flow
'nuf said
on April 3, 2013
I got this when it was all hyped up and everything. Still a good mix of electronics and soul. For now tho, for me, it's good in low doses. A good into to those looking to dive into the electronic realm of music.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse