5.0 out of 5 stars Yay, No Creases!
You've probably seen my review before, but I had to share my opinion on this product to make sure. There are different sellers who sell this product and I didn't want anyone to miss my review. So here goes!

Published on March 31, 2009 by Chrissy Kim

Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:23 Mins
Published 22 months ago by Sheri in Reho

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay, No Creases!, March 31, 2009
This review is from: Too Faced Cosmetics, Shadow Insurance, 0.35 Ounce (Misc.)

I don't know why I didn't buy this product sooner. I've always had a problem with my eyeshadow creasing not long after applying it. I have really oily eyelids, along with my forehead and nose. I would just reapply my eyeshadow and it just looked like a caked on mess.

I finally bought the Too Faced Shadow Insurance and I am SO happy! To see a difference, I used the primer on one eyelid and none on the other. After only just three hours, the primerless eyelid was already creased and the shadow was fading. It looked terrible. How did I ever put up with this? The lid with primer was flawless! I checked every hour and it stayed put for over EIGHT hours! After about eight hours, the shadow did start to fade, but not as bad as the primerless eyelid. After 12 hours, I did notice a little creasing. I'm extremely satisfied with the results.

I know that the Urban Decay Primer Potion is really popular, so I got a small sample of it at Sephora to compare the two. Well, they were pretty much the same. The Too Faced did go on my eyelids more easily and it felt more silky. But the results were the same. Here's my opinion. With the Urban Decay, the bottle design is really stupid. In order to get all the product in there, you have to literally saw the bottle into three parts. Then you have to scoop out the remaining product and put it in jars. And even if you do get all the remaining product, there's a possibility that the product might dry out. Plus that doesn't sound hygienically safe. I say get the Too Faced because the tube is squeezable, allowing you to get all the product inside.

I really thought that this product wouldn't work. I was skeptical because my eyelids are so oily. I was pleasantly surprised and now I'm sold. This will be a staple in my beauty routine. Go get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, May 15, 2009
This review is from: Too Faced Cosmetics, Shadow Insurance, 0.35 Ounce (Misc.)
I absolutely love this primer! I have tried a few others (not naming any specifically) and this was hands down THE best. I work in a really stressful environment and routinely put in ten to twelve hour days and my eyeshadow and liner don't budge an inch. Seriously, they only come off when I clean my face at night with eye makeup remover. You cannot go wrong in purchasing this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Pretty Great!, November 5, 2010
This review is from: Too Faced Cosmetics, Shadow Insurance, 0.35 Ounce (Misc.)
This past year I have become a bit of a makeup junkie, purchasing several high-end products for the very first time. Most of these purchases have been in the form of MAC eyeshadows, which retail for either $11.00 or $14.50 each (depending on whether you get them in a pan or a pot). Because I began spending so much on eyeshadow, I wanted to make sure that it would not fade or crease throughout the day. I was getting recommendations for both Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion, but because they are the same price and have equally favorable reviews, I went with the less complicated packaging and chose Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Overall, I give TFSI a rating of 4. Not only is the tube super convenient, but the product sticks to its promise of prolonging the wear of eyeshadow by preventing creases/fading. And for those of you who are wondering, this product isn't just designed for higher-end shadows. Many of my drugstore shadows display an increase lasting power and become super blendable when applied over a thin layer of this. And because TFSI is tinted, it also evens out eyelid discoloration and makes the eyes look a bit brighter. Sometimes, if I do not feel like putting on eyeshadow, I will just apply a small bit of this to make me look more awake--it's a bit like foundation, but with a MUCH thinner consistancy and only for your eyelids. Because a little goes a long way (you will only need a small dot about half the size of the head of thumbtack), TFSI lasts for awhile. I have had mine for four months, and even though I use it up to twice a day, the tube is still very full and shows no obvious signs of heavy usage. However, though my rating is positive on the whole, I do have one complaint. Whether this is the fault of the company, just a faulty product, or due to improper storage I am not certain, but my tube of Too Faced Shadow Insurance often gets very watery. There have been many times (at least once or twice a week) when I go to squeeze on the tube and only a clear, watery liquid comes out. A second squeeze usually warrants better results, but I find this kind of annoying for such a pricey product. As I said, this may be totally my fault (though I store my makeup in a pretty normal environment), but I had to deduct a rating point regardless. Even though I have put it on my to-do list to try out Urban Decay Primer Potion, I will most definitely repurchase this. Afterall, why mess with a (99.98%) perfect thing?

3.0 out of 5 stars Too unforgiving of corrections and too liquidy for my preference, though it is certainly long-lasting., February 24, 2013
Length:: 3:23 Mins

In the accompanying video, I put Nyx's Eye Shadow Base and the Too Faced Shadow Insurance to a head-to-head test, using one product on each eye. I much preferred the creamy texture of the Nyx product to the thin, liquid texture of the Shadow Insurance. I also much preferred the Nyx pot to the Shadow Insurance tube. I felt that the Nyx cream in the pot allowed me better control of how much product I was putting on and where.

When using shadow over each base, it appeared that Shadow Insurance provided a more intense, pigmented appearance to the shadow, but it wasn't a landslide victory over the Nyx.

My eyelids are super sensitive to a lot of cosmetics, and neither product bothered me very much. I am also very fragrance sensitive and neither product bothered me in terms of fragrance.

In terms of adjusting my makeup during or after application (if I made a mistake or wanted to adjust something), I found this very very difficult to do with Shadow Insurance and a bit easier to do with the Nyx Shadow Base. I know a lot of people love Shadow Insurance for its long-lasting properties, but I would rather be able to have a little wiggle room in adjusting my look than have a long-lasting look--that's just my preference.

I didn't find a huge difference in the staying power of these products, but I think the Shadow Insurance had the edge.

In terms of price comparison, the Nyx Eye Shadow Base is nearly half the cost of Too Faced's Shadow Insurance, though the amount of product you get is not different enough to warrant the cost, in my opinion (the Nyx product is .21 ounces and the Too Faced product is .35 ounces).

In summary, if what is most important to you is that your makeup stay in place for many hours after you apply it and you're expert enough to not have to make many adjustments to your look, the Too Faced Shadow Insurance is probably your best bet. If, like me, you prefer a creamier, easier to use product that is more forgiving of making adjustments, I'd recommend the Nyx Eye Shadow Base. If I would buy either product again, it would be the Nyx Eye Shadow Base.

Note: I have amended my rating from 2 to 3 stars as I realized that it was unfair and misleading to give the product 2 stars; it's not that the product is bad (obviously not, as many people rave about it), but it just isn't my preference.

1.0 out of 5 stars Possibly Fake!, June 5, 2012
Kendra (Colorado, Boulder County) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Too Faced Cosmetics, Shadow Insurance, 0.35 Ounce (Misc.)
I seriously question whether the tube I received is actually Too Faced eye-shadow primer. I got this because I bought a Too Faced eye-shadow pallet and I had used a sample of this I got from Sephora that worked really well. The full size one I bought here doesn't work AT ALL, after only a couple hours all my eyeshadow is in the crease of my eye. I have the Urban Decay in Greed (its shimmery) and I love it so I think I'm just going to make the trip to Sephora and buy a tube of that in the original Potion shade for when I don't want my eye-shadow to be iridescent. I am absolutely returning this for a full refund and I won't be trusting this seller ever again. I purchased this from LimitlessBeauty

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake - do not buy!, May 31, 2012
I have been buying this product at Sephora for the last two years and (after trying many other shadow primers) can say that this an excellent primer. However, this product being sold on Amazon is a fake. I was excited to buy the product at $4 less than retail value and to have it shipped so quickly. The packaging etc looks almost exactly like what you can buy at Sephora but the product is obviously a fake because my shadow did not stay on for even a few hours. Save yourself the hassle and DO NOT BUY!

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a fake. You'll lose money and possibly lashes., March 7, 2014
Value-seeker (Middleton, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Too Faced Cosmetics, Shadow Insurance, 0.35 Ounce (Misc.)
I should have realized this was a fake when: the cap was a different color than the tube, the logo was different, the tip kept coming out, the color of the primer was cream rather than beige, it was very liquidy, and it didn't seem to work for very long. I just bought another tube from Sephora and it was back to the right stuff, just like the one before I bought this. There is also a possibility that I developed infected eye lashes from this product as they were very itchy and falling out a week or so after I started using this. If you notice any of the attributes I described - beware. This was purchased from Sanchez Bargains. When you buy the real product, it works very well at holding your shadow and liner. The real prodduct is also good for brow fill-in applications too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, October 25, 2012
This review is from: Too Faced Cosmetics, Shadow Insurance, 0.35 Ounce (Misc.)
I tried a Shadow Insurance Sample that came with a Too Faced palette I got and it was amazing! My shadow stayed on the whole day without creasing or fading.
However, when I ordered this product, the results were different. My shadow faded within hours and then I noticed that the part that says "Shadow Insurance" on the tube looks different from what Amazon's picture shows. I'm not sure if this is genuine, and plus why is it $5 cheaper? It makes you question if it's fake....Very disappointed, will return ASAP.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing stuff, January 31, 2012
i use this with all my eye shadows i don't know what i was thinking using my eye shadow without this stuff it makes the color very true to what it is from the pan to your eyelids, doesn't make them crease and great when you apply this before your concealer so it doesn't disappear during the day or help settle into fine lines. retail value at sephora and too faced.com is $18 so your getting it at a steal when ordering on amazon and its the full size product!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for Eyeshadow Wearers!, March 31, 2009

I don't know why I didn't buy this product sooner. I've always had a problem with my eyeshadow creasing not long after applying it. I have really oily eyelids, along with my forehead, cheeks, and nose. I would just reapply my eyeshadow and it just looked like a caked on mess.

Too Faced Cosmetics, Shadow Insurance, 0.35 Ounce